View Full Version : What happened to OKGOPCHAT?!?

Jack Lewis
08-03-2004, 06:34 AM
After using the mailing lists from Tulsa and OKC to generate traffic, why have they shut down after the primary? I've worked with web sites for well over 7 years now and know that there is no need to shut a message board down for that length of time simply to "undergo system maintenance".

When I set up a message board for the Tulsa GOP, at their request, they didn't bother to use their mailing list to alert people about it, but they did with OKGOPCHAT. The Tulsa GOP Message Board I set up remains to this day (http://www.tulsatalk.net/talk/index.php?forum=TulsaGOP). OKGOPCHAT, after recieving all the free publicity was a power tool for Republicans in Oklahoma, while this message board and the many other OK/GOP focused message board are ignored by the parties. It's time the party leaders woke up to the 21st century and recognize the power of the internet, and the need for a consistent presence.

To abandon the users of the OKGOPCHAT message board like this is an insult. That the party leaders chose to promote only it and ignore the other message boards is also an insult. Someone needs to pull their head out.

Patrick
08-03-2004, 06:09 PM
It was probably costing the GOP money to pay a moderator for the message board. That may be why they only have the forum open during election times and primaries. They probably feel the money for a moderator is better spent on campaigning. Just a thought.

mranderson
08-03-2004, 06:14 PM
With the two major parties being so close in votes, it would be better to fund the elections instead of a message board.

He who has the money usually wins. It is all in the advertising.

Midtowner
10-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Looks like it's down for good.

Echo_Four
10-20-2007, 09:43 PM
After the party acquired the board, I figured it was going to be here forever. I guess not. It had long ago outlived its usefulness, but it is still something I'll miss reading- even though I hadn't posted there in months.

Midtowner
10-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah... I guess the party really doesn't like to dwell too much on the fact that by and large, the people of Oklahoma don't really support or care about their pandering to the corporate donors. Many on the board also committed the cardinal sins of speaking ill of the party chair and the speaker. That, apparently, is not tolerated.

soonerguru
10-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I must say, that may have been the only GOP-oriented message board I ever visited in which a majority of posters seemed to reside in reality somewhat.