View Full Version : Oklahoma City Named 3rd Manliest City

oneforone
03-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Oklahoma City 3rd 'manliest' city in U.S.
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: March 5, 2009

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Oklahoma City is rated the third "manliest" city in the nation in a study by a snack food company.

Nashville, Tenn., ranks first in the survey for Mars Snackfood US and its Combos snack food brand. Charlotte, N.C., is second.

The study used criteria such as the number of professional major league sports teams, the popularity of tools and hardware and the frequency of monster truck rallies.

Cities lost points for "emasculating" characteristics like the abundance of home furnishing stores, high minivan sales and subscription rates to beauty magazines.

New York City finished last out of 50 of the largest U.S. metropolitan areas.
The ranking is part of the Combos launch of its Ultimate Man Zone Sweepstakes.

David Pollard
03-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Hmmm. Now is this supposed to be a positive thing or a negative thing? From a gay man's standpoint, the latter.

warreng88
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Oklahoma City 3rd 'manliest' city in U.S.

New York City finished last out of 50 of the largest U.S. metropolitan areas.
The ranking is part of the Combos launch of its Ultimate Man Zone Sweepstakes.

This is funny because I sent my brother (who lives in NYC) an e-mail stating "My city is more manly than your city..." I guess it's something we can hold on to.

hoya
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I think it's pretty funny. I don't put any weight to these sorts of rankings -- they're usually just some sort of attention-grab for one reason or another (here, probably trying to sell Combos snacks). It's empty posturing in a Maxim-magazine sort of way. Fun, but not much more. :)

BDP
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I would like to see the top 50 markets in sales per capita of their products and compare it to this list. :)

Judging by the criteria, it seems the list may be a better indicator of what cities have the least amount of rich women, rather than which ones are the most manly.

krisb
03-05-2009, 09:13 PM
For some reason I'm afraid this ranking will translate into "city with the most macho pigs".

kevinpate
03-06-2009, 05:10 AM
nah, we don't have the most, ours are simply piggier than others

dmoor82
03-06-2009, 06:35 AM
This is just saying in a nicer way that there are alot of ciggarette smoking,bearded,truck driving, fat rednecks that like flannel in OKC!l LOL

okcpulse
03-06-2009, 09:26 AM
This is just saying in a nicer way that there are alot of ciggarette smoking,bearded,truck driving, fat rednecks that like flannel in OKC!l LOL

No where in that survey did it mention smoking rates. Leave the damn thermostat alone and turn the heat up someplace else. It's hot enough here.

jbrown84
03-06-2009, 02:02 PM
From a gay man's standpoint, the latter.

How open-minded of you...

dmoor82
03-06-2009, 07:09 PM
No where in that survey did it mention smoking rates. Leave the damn thermostat alone and turn the heat up someplace else. It's hot enough here.

well as far as the smoking thing goes i smoke, but what i was getting at is the old stereotype of the rugged,manly marlboro man leaned up against the wall with his cowboy hat and boots and a cigg.I mean what looks more manly than him!!!!!! RIGHT, so my thermostat is set at 72 and feels comfortable!:bright_id

Bunty
03-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Hmmm. Now is this supposed to be a positive thing or a negative thing? From a gay man's standpoint, the latter.

Surely not all gays go for the effeminate. Aren't there still plenty of gays who go for the Village People look?

David Pollard
03-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Surely not all gays go for the effeminate. Aren't there still plenty of gays who go for the Village People look?

? Not worth further reply.