View Full Version : OKC Beats Wizards

Karried
03-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Woot! 3 in a Row!

I'm so happy I donated my tix to the Military.. but man, I wish I would have been there tonight!

Go Thunder!

OKCisOK4me
03-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Nine home games & twelve road games left. I picked our final record at 23-59. Seven more to go!!!

TakeAShot
03-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Out of curiousity, do we still have a shot to get Griffin if we keep winning?

AAC2005
03-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Hey:

I went to my first Thunder game last night, and seeing as how I was born and raised in DC, it was a bittersweet but wonderful night.

From what I had time to see, the Ford Center is a really nice venue and the ushers were extremely pleasant and helpful with finding my seat - I still wound up in the wrong spot, but that's because the layout is kind of funky (or maybe I was too excited and wasn't paying attention to the big section 213 sign when I should have been in section 214).

Anyway, it brought back fond memories of when my family had season tickets to the Washington Bullets (when they were called the "Bullets"), and it also brought me up-to-date on the new stuff that goes on at NBA games...everyone just wants to have a good time, the smokin' hot girls just want to be seen, and OKC Thunder fans are very LOUD!!!!

By the way: what the he!! was that shotgun-looking thing they were using to shoot t-shirts up to the nosebleed seats, and why was my section ignored? We didn't even get a parachute drop!

Mr. T in OKC
03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Out of curiousity, do we still have a shot to get Griffin if we keep winning?

Yes, the worst 13 teams enter a lottery. Any of those teams have a shot at the first pick in the draft. The worse your team's record is, however, the better shot at winning the lottey. (if you have the worst record you have the best chance. The way I understand, teams 8-12 have a better chance than teams 2-6.)

Dave Cook
03-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Hey Karried....

That's a great idea.....donating your tickets to the military. Well done.

Karried
03-05-2009, 06:09 PM
aw Thanks.. actually last night happened to be Military Appreciation Night so I forwarded 2 to the Thunder org so they could distribute them.

I had 2 left though so I knew I had to give them to someone in the service since it was a special night so I looked up a National Guard fan who can always give them away to family of military and he was happy to take them ... I've donated to him before when we couldn't go.

I hope they enjoyed the game and felt really honored and appreciated..

Laramie
03-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Woot! 3 in a Row!

I'm so happy I donated my tix to the Military.. but man, I wish I would have been there tonight!

Go Thunder!

Thank You! Our military and armed forces people are often overlooked. They receive sub-par healthcare and they are too often the forgotten ones.

Thanks again and for the many of you who donated your tickets--it was nice to see.