View Full Version : Credit Report

Thunder
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I need to know which site is it to get the free credit report each year.

I googled for it, but the results was showing several different sites.

I dunno which one is the official real one.

Reason I'm asking is that brother have an issue with a loan place for a truck that approved him then later was rejected in a letter with report from TransUnion. Funny thing is that he paid off his car and Express Credit Auto reports to TransUnion. So, I need to pull up his reports and see what is wrong. I also need to pull up my reports to see if Express Credit Auto is accurately reporting my payments.

Mom may need to cosign for him (which is really stupid). I instructed him to get proof of evidence from Express Credit Auto of complete reportings and car paid in full to TransUnion and show that to Fowler Dodge on I-240. He'll have to fight, because he basically have near perfect credit (if not perfect).

oneforone
03-03-2009, 12:07 PM
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Thunder
03-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Thx. Got done looking at Experian. 13 negatives. 2 positives.

Having an issue to look at EquiFax and TransUnion. They're askin for login. Seem to be not being able to get the Secret Question correct.

FritterGirl
03-03-2009, 12:53 PM
You really should check your report annually via all THREE of the major credit reporting agencies. Even minor discrepancies between those reports can greatly affect your overall FICO score, which is the number by which your creditworthiness is judged.

By law, you are allowed to check your credit report via each of these agencies for FREE once a year.

Liadano
03-03-2009, 05:51 PM
I believe, too, if you're turned down for credit, the company who pulled the report has to provide you with access to a free copy of it.

Thunder
03-03-2009, 07:23 PM
My brother got it taken care of. He can keep the truck. The credit loan that based their decision on TransUnion screwed up big time.

gmwise
03-04-2009, 05:46 AM
uh looking at someone's credit report thats not your own nor without written premission borders on invasion of privacy and very well against fdcpa.
make sure thunder you have something from your brother stating he asked you to look at it.
I've seen families later get in tussle b/c one would say the other abused the information.
as for the credit line for your bros truck alot of companies are cutting back those lines.
As well as credit card companies dropping cardholders.
It will get dirty be4 it gets better to get a credit line.

FritterGirl
03-04-2009, 07:31 AM
as for the credit line for your bros truck alot of companies are cutting back those lines.
As well as credit card companies dropping cardholders.
It will get dirty be4 it gets better to get a credit line.

I've even heard that some companies are dropping cardholders who call to ask that their interest rates be lowered. They're seeing this as a red flag.

The upside to all of this is that my mailbox is no longer cluttered with the endless stream of offers. Think of all the trees they're saving.

Karried
03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I have a FICO score in the top 5% percent... the last few years, I've had so many offers, I couldn't stand it.. those have definitely slowed down... our credit hasn't changed, just the economy.

What I found interesting is that cards I've had from years ago but never used ( I hate credit cards) have sent notices that they are cancelling our cards due to not being used enough! Hello? Thank you... like anyone needs to be using credit cards right now.

If you don't have the cash, don't buy the toy..a motto to live by.. in good times and bad.

gmwise
03-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I have a FICO score in the top 5% percent... the last few years, I've had so many offers, I couldn't stand it.. those have definitely slowed down... our credit hasn't changed, just the economy.

What I found interesting is that cards I've had from years ago but never used ( I hate credit cards) have sent notices that they are cancelling our cards due to not being used enough! Hello? Thank you... like anyone needs to be using credit cards right now.

If you don't have the cash, don't buy the toy..a motto to live by.. in good times and bad.

Karried, its like if you can't afford them don't breed them...sorry i just saw another octomom story lol
:busterbun

Insider
03-24-2009, 09:39 AM

I am sure you are already aware, but closing accounts CAN (I stress can) have a negative impact on your credit rating. But, this depends on your current debt load.

DaveSkater
03-24-2009, 09:43 AM
I scored a 631 yesterday! Yay! The man said I can have a nice fat loan for a nice new house!

(I'm soooooooo getting the hell outta this hood!)

jsibelius
03-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I scored a 631 yesterday! Yay! The man said I can have a nice fat loan for a nice new house!

(I'm soooooooo getting the hell outta this hood!)

Keep working on that score and saving your pennies so you can refinance when you're doing even better. And good job for getting to where you are now.

PennyQuilts
03-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Thunder, I suggest you let your brother do his own research!

Thunder
03-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Thunder, I suggest you let your brother do his own research!

Excuse me, when he ask for help, I'll help.

PennyQuilts
03-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Excuse me, when he ask for help, I'll help.

No offense intended.

Thunder
03-29-2009, 03:28 PM
All good for him now. He got it sorted, keep the truck, and making payments on it.

He got the truck from Fowler Dodge on I-240. Next door to Express Credit Auto. LOL

DaveSkater
04-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Keep working on that score and saving your pennies so you can refinance when you're doing even better. And good job for getting to where you are now.

Thanks jsibelius. It really feels good. I was absolutely floored. I'm off right now to visit the nice folks at CAC and get 3 outstanding medical balances (compliments of my lovely EX) off the tab, and it should go up to around 678 (according to the banker)

I'm pretty happy with the rate I got. 5%. (beats the hell outta the 11.5% I'm currently strapped with)

I got confirmation yesterday from the bank itself that I was approved. There was some doubt, but not any longer.

And Thunder, I'm glad to hear your brother gets to keep on trucking!