View Full Version : OKC beats Dallas

metro
03-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Anyone watch the game last night? Nice to give Cuban a payback after they beat us in OT last week in Dallas. We shoulda had that game too.

jstanthrnme
03-03-2009, 08:55 AM
A great win. It was just what the team and fans needed. Beating a top tier team like Dallas without our top 2 scorers is confidence building.

I hope that they become our main rival. Maybe I-35 between here and Dallas can unofficially be called "Thunder Road" or "Maverick (insert cute road synonym here)" for the team that wins the season series.
:ou

I think its time to remove the "interim" title for coach Scott Brooks. If they hire anyone else, I'll be devestated..

Stan Silliman
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Brooks has done a really good job. I was at the game last night and the guy sitting next to me was a long time BB fan but a first timer to a Thunder game.

He came there to see Jason Kidd and wished the Thunder had Kidd. I slowly but surely, over the period of the game, disabused him of that notion, explaining how Westbrook will be a more athletic, better scoring and better rebounding threat than Jason Kidd was in his prime. Plus, I explained that Kidd was really on the tail end of his career. Westbrook helped with the comparison by notching a triple double while Jason's numbers were not the Kidd of the old days.

Thabo had a really effecient and inspiring game... on both ends of the floor.
If Brooks uses him right, puts him in at the right time, Thabo can be a run stopper on defense and an igniter on offense. That's the way Capel has been using Juan Pattillo for the Sooners.

Sorry if I went on too long.

CCOKC
03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I have never been a big Jason Kidd fan mainly because of his personal problems but to compare Westbrook to him is a bit premature. Kidd is the all time triple double leader (to Westbrook's 1 last night) and became the 5th player to record 10,000 career assists last night. I would not take him right now and was not a big fan of the trade last year but he is definitely one of the best point guards of all times. Westbrook may be a phenomenal athlete but he is not a natural point guard and we can only hope he develops into a serviceable one in the next few years.

Laramie
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Looks like the Thunder parted the Red River;

http://www.comingoutofegypt.com/images/moses-parting-red-sea.jpg

this should mark the beginning of a great rivalry.

CuatrodeMayo
03-03-2009, 07:57 PM
This really COULD be the beginning of a great rivalry. Especially after Cuban was the only other owner besides Paul Allen to vote against the relocation.

Go THUNDER!

Stan Silliman
03-04-2009, 07:15 AM
I have never been a big Jason Kidd fan mainly because of his personal problems but to compare Westbrook to him is a bit premature. Kidd is the all time triple double leader (to Westbrook's 1 last night) and became the 5th player to record 10,000 career assists last night. I would not take him right now and was not a big fan of the trade last year but he is definitely one of the best point guards of all times. Westbrook may be a phenomenal athlete but he is not a natural point guard and we can only hope he develops into a serviceable one in the next few years.

I would have loved to have Jason Kidd in his prime but he's several steps slow now. Westbrook will develop but right now he's much better defensively plus more of a scoring threat than Kidd ever was.

Dallas was dumb to deal Harris.

betts
03-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Yeah, Cuban was all sweetness and light about OKC and basketball while the Hornets were here and the Mavs were beating them every game. I was surprised how many Mavs fans were at the game, and assume most of them are actually from Oklahoma, but there would have been a lot more pre-Thunder. I was a big Mavs fan in the past and actually traveled to Dallas at least once a season to see a game, but no more. I'm sure there are others like me, and he doesn't have us as part of his tv market anymore either. That doesn't bother me at all.

CCOKC
03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I was also a huge Mavs fan. I watched every game I could on tv and also tried to go to a game at the AAC once a year. The first year the Hornets were here I rooted for the Mavs. The second year I rooted for both teams. The game Monday was kind of the end of my Mavs Mania. I still like to watch Dirk play. His fadeaway jumper is just phenomenal. But at this time I can see where they could become our biggest rival and I will be rooting against them all the time.

Laramie
03-05-2009, 06:55 PM
The Dallas Mavericks obviously didn't take out team seriously. They were just a little bit off the mark with their shooting.

jbrown84
03-06-2009, 02:06 PM
I heard Mark Cuban didn't come to town for this game. I guess he stayed home to eat some crow.

CCOKC
03-06-2009, 05:23 PM
I am pretty sure I saw him sitting on the first row by the Mavs bench. I could be wrong since my seats are on the opposite end of the arena. Plus everytime there was a timeout this guy joined the Mavs huddle. I know he was quoted after the game that no one on his roster was safe from a trade, I just assumed it was from the Mavs locker room.