View Full Version : Another Coke!!!

Ms.Relaxationstation
01-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Coca-Cola plans another run at boosting sales of its biggest brand, this time by adding a little lime. Coca-Cola with Lime is set to debut in the US by end of March. The company hopes to copy the success of Diet Coke with Lime launched a year ago. This will be the first line extension of Coke Classic since Vanilla Coke in 2002. Coke is trying to boost the sales of their NON-DIET drinks.

I'm sticking to the Diet Coke with Lime......who needs the extra calories?

Keith
01-11-2005, 10:56 AM
I know my son and daughter love the vanilla Coke, but I can't seem to get used to the taste. I have noticed that many bottlers are starting to add things to their soft drinks to catch the eye of more consumers. I am still a regular Coke person and probably always will be. I will probably try the lime, but it doesn't sound very exciting to me. I really like the fact that I can drink a half a can of coke, and pour the rest of it on my truck battery and watch it eat the acid away from my battery:Smiley078 .

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-11-2005, 01:52 PM
.... I really like the fact that I can drink a half a can of coke, and pour the rest of it on my truck battery and watch it eat the acid away from my battery:Smiley078 .My dad used to use it when he worked at the auto parts packaging plant we both worked for. He used to derust auto parts that couldn't be shipped out and if he ran out of solution, he'd just grab the 2-liter he bought and pour it in the bucket....worked like a charm!

mranderson
01-11-2005, 01:54 PM
My dad used to use it when he worked at the auto parts packaging plant we both worked for. He used to derust auto parts that couldn't be shipped out and if he ran out of solution, he'd just grab the 2-liter he bought and pour it in the bucket....worked like a charm!
That is scarey. Battery acid will eat the skin if not washed off quicky. Maybe that is the reason some people have stomach pains when they drink coke or other carbonated beverages.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-11-2005, 02:35 PM
perhaps...I have heard that stomach acid is stronger, but I may have heard wrong. Maybe someone in here that has some medical knowlege could help out on that one

Keith
01-11-2005, 05:35 PM
I know that I could win a belching contest after I drink a 20 oz. bottle:Smiley122

MasterWolf
01-11-2005, 06:24 PM
I love the Vanilla Coke, as far as the Lime coke, I dont think I would touch it.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-11-2005, 09:03 PM
For me, Vanilla Coke was good at first, but it's easy to get burned out on it. As far as the lime thing, I don't quite get it, but I'd be willing to try it...

Patrick
01-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Well.....batter acid consists of 35% sulfuric acid and 65% water solution. Sulfuric acid is the strongest acid on earth, stronger than even hydrochloric acid, which makes up stomach acid. But, since the sulfuric acid is watered down, I'm not sure how the strength of it would relate to stomach acid. I'll look up the pH of both.

Patrick
01-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Okay, automobile battery acid has a pH of 1....pretty potent stuff! Remember, for those that may be havig a little lapse from your days in school....a pH of 7 is neutral.....anything greater than 7 is basic, anything less than 7 is acid! A pH of 1 is a very strong acid.

Stomach acid (Hydrochloric acid) has a pH of around 2. So battery is acid is a tad bit stronger

By the way...soda pop has a pH of around 2....it adds to the acid in your stomach, causing problems! Your stomach mucus wasn't designed to hold that much acid! Fortunately, the pH is about the same as stomach acid!

Keith
01-12-2005, 07:35 AM
OK, get this.....I heard on the news this morning that Coke is not only putting out a new Coke with lime, but they are also putting out a new Coke that has the taste of coffee:Smiley078 . They are going to call it Coke-Black..this is no joke. It was reported in the news on Channel 4 this morning.

I can't imagine the taste of a carbonated Coke-coffee. It just sounds nasty. They won't have to worry about me taste-testing the product.

Midtowner
01-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Keith, strangely enough, OKC gets selected as a test market more often than most places. Don't be surprised to see this stuff on your grocer's shelf (unless this truly is a joke).

I'll try anything once though. Coke coffee actually doesn't sound that horrible.

Ms.Relaxationstation
01-12-2005, 10:11 AM
It probably would taste a bit like the Starbucks DOUBLE SHOT that you can buy in the small can at the grocery store, maybe with just a little more carbonation. YUMMY!!!! :eek:

Underling
01-12-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm just glad I don't drink coke anymore...It's all De-caf iced tea now. That and water...

Although the lime coke does sound good...I used to get Route 44 cokes at Sonic and have them put crushed limes in the bottom...yum!

I think the coffee coke just sounds disgusting...

MasterWolf
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
coffee coke!!! Uggg.....Nasty!!! What kind of flavor will they come up with next?

Hope this is not turning into that Harry Potter all-flavor beans kind of thing...
Grass flavored Coke, anyone!!

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-12-2005, 11:48 PM
...Grass flavored Coke, anyone!!Dude! You said grass coke! heh heh heh

mistipetal
01-20-2005, 02:52 PM
I drink the diet stuff. It's weird, but I hate plain Diet Coke. Original Coke is the absolute best, but I need the diet stuff. Diet Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice. I"m totally addicted to the diet cherry vanilla. I think everyone is trying all the flavors because they need to compete with Sonic. I love me some vanilla coke from there. Not so much the canned stuff. Sonic has the diet coke with fresh lime that they are pushing big time now. It's pretty good. Coffee coke. I think I might prefer the battery acid.

Keith
01-20-2005, 08:28 PM
:iagree: I think battery acid probably would taste better than Coffee Coke.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Is it sweet coffee?

mistipetal
01-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Keith, I so totally agree. Coffee coke. ugh. What I'd like is a citrus Diet Dr. Pepper. I get the regular at City Bites and put orange in it. Yum.