View Full Version : OKC Museum of Art - Free Admission Today

jstanthrnme
02-28-2009, 11:20 AM
This week at the OKCMOA
February 25, 2009

Free Admission Saturday this weekend
Join us for FREE ADMISSION SATURDAY, sponsored by Allied Arts of Oklahoma City, this Saturday, regular hours are from 10am to 5pm. See the Harlem Renaissance exhibition! KVSP, Power 103.5, will be doing a live remote from 10am-noon with on-air personality Launa West. Make Mardi Gras Masks during Drop-in Art from 1-4pm. What a great opening month of this exhibition we've had!

Sounds like a deal to me! I've never been and I have no plans today.

http://www.okcmoa.com/

FritterGirl
02-28-2009, 11:36 AM
This is a fabulous opportunity to go and see a really remarkable exhibit. This is the first time in the US that a fully-realized collection of Harlem Renaissance art has been amassed in one exhibit spaces. The pieces come from all over the US, and are truly evocative of the African-American experience during this time in US history.

venture
03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I really miss being in a city to where the admission to the art museum was free except for the special exhibits. Granted both museums had the same membership fees if you wanted to support that way (which I did), but at least when friends were in town or what not - they didn't have to pay to go with you.

jbrown84
03-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I really miss being in a city to where the admission to the art museum was free except for the special exhibits.

St. Louis?

This is a fabulous opportunity to go and see a really remarkable exhibit. This is the first time in the US that a fully-realized collection of Harlem Renaissance art has been amassed in one exhibit spaces.

And the OKCMOA had the vision!

I went yesterday. Great exhibit, even if it's not as grandiose as Roman Art. They have it set up where you can listen to the audio tour by calling a number on your cell. Completely free other than the use of minutes if that applies to you.

mark
03-03-2009, 10:20 AM
They have it set up where you can listen to the audio tour by calling a number on your cell. Completely free other than the use of minutes if that applies to you.

that's cool. the website for the same noble has mp3s of their audio tour online so you download them to your mp3 player before you go.