View Full Version : Kickball in OKC???

icecold
02-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Does anyone know of a kickball league in or around OKC? The last couple years we have played at Boomtown Ballyards on 122nd and Western but it seems this spring they will not be open for some reason. So, does anyone know where we can play?

metro
02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
your choice of elementary school playgrounds? j/k boomtown ballyards is the only place I knew of. you might check the sports section of this site to see if there is any info on the subject.

Nuclear_2525
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
haha, I am in the same predicament. I had gathered a group of people together to join OKC's WAKA, but apparently they are taking the spring off because they didn't have enough teams to form a league...

icecold
02-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Where was the WAKA league played at? I dont think that boomtown was affiliated with WAKA but I could be wrong. I am not sure that I believe not being able to fill enough teams because last summer at boomtown they had to extend the kickball leage to two nights to accommodate all the teams. Something is fishy here, I think someone is trying to put an end to the best sport ever.

onthestrip
03-02-2009, 11:23 AM
That sucks, was looking forward to another season. So much for all this big league city talk.

NikonNurse
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Boomtown has a spring and fall league.....

stickboy
03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
That's interesting, because a co-worker of mine called there last week and was told otherwise.

Prunepicker
03-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Does anyone know of a kickball league in or around OKC? The last couple
years we have played at Boomtown Ballyards on 122nd and Western but it
seems this spring they will not be open for some reason. So, does anyone
know where we can play?

Kickball? We played it in grade school. We used a big red ball. You know, the
same ball we used for 4 square and dodge ball - politically incorrect
dodge ball.

onthestrip
03-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Again, there are no leagues for Boomtown this spring, I have no idea why either. Mow, turn on lights, hire refs, collect money. Thats all they have to do to have kickball and softball leagues, not sure why they cant do that.
And yes, kickball has become popular to not just 3rd graders, but 20 something co-eds as well.

Stinger
03-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I wanna play. Someone put a league together!

NikonNurse
03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
We just finished fall league, didn't realize they weren't having spring this year.

tnajk
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Is that different than Dodgeball? I'm pretty sure Edmond was forming adult Dodgeball teams.

Prunepicker
03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Is Kickball like baseball only you us a big ball? That's what I remember as a
kid in grade school.

onthestrip
03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Kickball is just like the one you play at recess. Roll the big red ball from the pitching mound to home plate and then the batter, or kicker I guess, kicks the ball into play and then runs to first. Once in play it kind of turns into dodgeball. You can either throw to whichever base to get the force out, tag the runner out, or throw at the runner ala dodgeball style. Its a helluva time, throw in some beers and its even better.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I wanna play kickball

If anyone has a team and wants a gurantee home run every time i come up then just PM me

DaveSkater
03-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Sounds fun, I might be down. My size 14 feet do well in the kicking department. LOL

Kevin88
03-24-2009, 11:30 PM
We played at Boomtown in fall 08' too. Edmond All Sports is trying to put together a spring kickball league at Mitch Park in Edmond(Covell and Kelly). Go to Homepage - Edmond All Sports (http://www.edmondallsports.com) or call Kirk at 405.340.5300. The site says they are starting at the end of March, but he said they would wait till April to sign people up and start end of April. Last time I heard they only had four teams. So go sign up.

icecold
03-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the info. You have made the day for about 15-18 people. Everyone else, go sign up. They need teams and its guaranteed fun.:tiphat:

onthestrip
03-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Awesome news.

ttdell17
04-02-2009, 12:31 PM
ok, there is a kickball league in edmond but it is a non beer league and it's all the way in edmond. i am working with the owners of boomtown and we are trying to get a summer league that is WAKA affiliated. it will probably start in late may/early june. if you are interested in getting a team and having a chance to go to vegas for nationals let me know asap!! i am meeting with them tuesday april 7th and would like to give them a good estimate of how many teams are interested. my name is trey and my email is ttdell17@yahoo.com

icecold
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Just thought I would revive the thread in the hopes that maybe I can play some kickball sometime soon.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
06-03-2009, 03:52 PM
me too

Kevin88
06-05-2009, 01:06 AM
I am trying to talk Edmond All Sports into a summer league at Mitch Park. We are getting ready to finish make-up games from Spring this Tuesday, June 9. Go to Homepage - Homepage - Edmond All Sports (http://www.edmondallsports.com) or call Kirk at 405.340.5300. Tell him you are interested and heard they were doing a summer kickball league. If we get enough people interested maybe they will organize it.
I have been trying to check about Boomtown and I am on their contact email list but, have heard nothing from them.

:fighting4

Kevin88
08-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Edmond All Sports will be offering adult kickball again this fall. *The season will
begin on Sept 9th and run through October 7th. *Every team will play
double headers on Wed nights, 10 total games will be played. *The fee
per team will be $350. *Please let me know if your interested in
having a team for this fall. *I will be out of the office until Wed
morning so I will get back with everyone then. Everything will be the
same as it was in the fall, except the above mentioned.

Use the appove post or my previous post to get in contact
with Kirk Sparks at Edmond All Sports.

icecold
03-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Just to let you all know. The old Boomtown Ballyards is now Legacy SportsPLEX. They are having a kickball league this spring. The coaches meeting is March 16th and the league starts the following week. Should be fun.

Legacy SportsPLEX * Baseball * Softball * Fun for Everyone! (http://www.legacysportsplex.com)

wallyboy75
05-17-2010, 07:58 AM
There is WAKA league forming they have a pickup game on May 22nd at Stars and Stripes park. Here is a link with more info OK Capital - Spring 2010 | WAKA Kickball (http://www.kickball.com/season/okcapitalspring2010).

Ezrablum
05-17-2010, 09:44 AM
I used to play in Norman with a bunch of cool folks. It was really laid back though and unofficial. It was on Sundays.

wallyboy75
05-17-2010, 02:06 PM
WAKA had a pickup game on the 15th and was very fun. I suggest anyone who wants to try out kickball before joining a league to come out on the 22nd at stars and stripes park.

onthestrip
05-20-2010, 08:15 AM
WAKA has tried to recruit some of the teams from Legacy, formally known as boomtown ballyards. They contacted my team captain but there is no way we are going to join the waka league. Dont know what waka brings to the table that legacy doesnt
A. waka doesnt play on an actual ball field, just a grassed area at a city park.
B. you only play one game on your gamenight, dont have concessions like legacy and restroom facilities might not exist.
C. waka is more expensive and you dont get to make your own cool team t shirts

wallyboy75
05-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Onthestrip I have a question for you if you are a single person how easy is it to get on a team to play kickball at legacy.

soonerland
06-13-2010, 09:05 PM
What about other sports? I'm new to the sports scene. I've been playing indoor soccer, but my team is on hiatus, and I really want to start playing something. Any ideas?