View Full Version : Old Guy/Amateur Basketball League

OKCMallen
02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Anyone know of an old guy/amateur basketball league in town? I'm not talking the pickup games at the Y with all the ex-college players dunking all over each other. More like for guys like me: want to compete, played in high school, no college ball, not tall, want to play to stay in some shape, etc. :irule:

Ideas?

BradR
02-24-2009, 05:25 PM
sounds like fun but i doubt there'd be any way down south where i am

ericbrowning
02-25-2009, 09:47 AM
There is a group that gets together most every day of the work week at 6am and at noon. They play at OCU. Ages range up to the 50s.

OKCMallen
02-26-2009, 07:34 AM
That's probably what I'm looking for, but in the evenings. Lots of us can't make it at those times. Thanks for the tip, though!

kevinpate
02-26-2009, 09:37 AM
There are people who are up, across town, stretched and warmed up, and ready to play b-ball at 6 freakin am? Sure, I'm up, even semi-ready to hit the road at 6, but in a mindset for ball? Oh, not only no, but volunteering to be the Westboro Baptist bus driver kind of no!

ericbrowning
03-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey, that same group also plays at noon time. I was told that Fridays are the best days for that. Sorry I can't help you with evenings. Well, actually, you might call out to Crossings Church and ask if they still have open evening pick up games.

Eric

CuatrodeMayo
03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
I play with some church guys on sunday afternoons at Mitch Park in Edmond. Usually married vs. unmarried.

Haven't found many park courts in inner-city OKC...

dalelakin
03-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Lighthouse - Oklahoma City - Sports (http://www.okclighthouse.com/sportsUEAB.htm)