View Full Version : 611 W Sheridan

warreng88
02-24-2009, 12:24 PM
So I was nosey and went onto the OK County Assessor website looking for what buildings the city owns and I came across this:

Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/AN-R.asp?ACCOUNTNO=R024345400)

Looks like the Fabrication building was sold by Robert Meinders to the City of OKC about three weeks ago. Do we have any idea what this is going to be used for?

wsucougz
02-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Warren G Harding, I think you're onto something. Interestiiiiiiing.

Maybe this is where the fire station will be? I couldn't remember if they had already accounted for the land for that.

warreng88
02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Warren G Harding, I think you're onto something. Interestiiiiiiing.

Maybe this is where the fire station will be? I couldn't remember if they had already accounted for the land for that.

You are right, my bad. Just looked it up on the old fire station thread.

I hope when the new firestation is built it will spur some development down on that end. I also seem to remember someone wanting to build a hotel on the other side of Lincoln. If they can clear out those buildings across the street from this, it might become a nice little area. Are the metal buildings along that area still in use?

Steve
02-24-2009, 02:23 PM
It's the property trade-out for the fire station. The blue metal building will be torn down.

warreng88
02-24-2009, 03:18 PM
It's the property trade-out for the fire station. The blue metal building will be torn down.

Thanks Steve. Any word on what is going to happen across the street? Do you think this will spur any more development at that end?

Steve
02-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Do I think a fire station that will have engines coming and going with sirens blasting will spur development nearby? I wouldn't know ....

;)

warreng88
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Do I think a fire station that will have engines coming and going with sirens blasting will spur development nearby? I wouldn't know ....

;)

Touche...

LakeEffect
02-25-2009, 06:06 AM

Technically, it's going to be recycled. :) Part of the City's effort to make this a LEED certified fire station.

Has anyone ever looked at the future call volume for the new station? I suppose that's a better question to put in the old thread, but Steve, I think that would be a good question for Chief Clay or Bryant.

metro
02-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Steve, any word on where the City is at on the design/redesign of the fire station?

kevinpate
02-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Given my druthers, I'd druther have a fire station within 50-200 feet from me' than many other possible options. It would be nice to see BT expand east, ifonly to keep the new stack of sleeping rooms from looking out of place down there