View Full Version : Dave Ramsey to speak at Lifechurch.tv

metro
02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
For all those interested in Dave Ramsey, he's speaking at Lifechurch.tv March 14th and 15th and will be broadcast worldwide as well. I'll post more information as it becomes available.

BBatesokc
02-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I download his podcast to my ipod and bought his most recent book at Sam's the other day. Great common sense financial advise that obviously isn't so common in this financial climate.

Don't know if I'd fight a crowd to see him, but I'd certainly watch the online broadcast.

I offered/bribed my teenage step-son with $50 if he'd read the book cover to cover. He enters college in a year and according to Ramsey, about 1-in-5 bankruptcy filings are from a college student lured into debt by all the credit card offers.

Richard at Remax
02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Big fan of Dave. Took his class right after I graduated college

alan
02-23-2009, 04:42 PM
any idea how he will be broadcast? tv or radio or webcast?

metro
02-23-2009, 06:33 PM
same way all lifechurch.tv services are broadcast, streaming via satellite at all our worldwide locations and on the internet and SecondLife.

CuatrodeMayo
02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Big fan. Currently getting started on my Total Money Makeover.

BailJumper
02-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Tried to listen to his radio show before. I liked him, but can't stand all the call-ins. Doesn't it all just boil down to "if you don't have the money, then don't buy it"?

GWB
02-24-2009, 04:50 AM
For all those interested in Dave Ramsey, he's speaking at Lifechurch.tv March 14th and 15th and will be broadcast worldwide as well. I'll post more information as it becomes available.

One of my favorite when it comes to finance advice. Thanks for posting this.

Richard at Remax
02-24-2009, 10:39 AM
You are right bail jumper. I was brought up with a similar motto in my house "don't spend money you don't have." that's why I'll never have a credit card. many of my friends (mid 20's) have like 3 credit cards because they are "trying to build credit to get approved for things" (which is a myth) but end up screwing themselves cause they are having trouble paying them off. Morons.

*sorry for the quotes and parethesis

But back to topic. Dave is a good guy with good ideas and morals. Haha even though his whole philosphy could be summed up in a few sentences.

Midtowner
02-25-2009, 11:59 AM
I think his philosophy works for most, but is also a bit simple minded in other areas. Debt can be a good thing sometimes. It allows you to do stuff right now that you couldn't do without a lot of savings. That stuff that you with the debt, however, should be stuff that makes you able to pay the debt back, justify the interest and better your life.

Opening up a business, investing in real-estate, student loans (for worthwhile degrees) are all good, smart uses of debt. Also, there are ways to structure the debt so it's either not just your debt, it's your company's debt, you're using assets to secure it, etc., so that it's not as big a risk.

I don't think "don't spend money you don't have" is always a good idea. For such situations where it doesn't apply, however, it pays to know what the benefit of the debt will be and how it's going to get paid back.

NE Oasis
02-25-2009, 01:37 PM
justify the interest

Therein lies the key - justify your investment. Loans for the "I want's" are always trouble, but smart borrowing works.

namellac
02-25-2009, 01:38 PM
ONLY Talk radio worth listening to! Debt Free thanks to Dave's teachings!

metro
03-02-2009, 09:32 AM
So thankfully I was priveledged enough to go to the advanced taping this past Saturday of Dave Ramsey's series at Lifechurch.tv. We taped 3 sessions plus a Q&A that also featured discussion on the current state of the economy. It will be a 3-week series starting on March 14th/15th weekend. It will be broadcast at all LC campuses and network churches as well as about 1800 churches from all over the world (I think 144 countries last week if I remember right) a day download LC content to play at their churches. They recorded promos, teasers, material with the LC mentioned and without so other non-LC affiliated churches can use the material w/o the LC brand as always. Craig mentioned that Dave refused to accept any form of payment and is willing to give the content away for free and LC is not charging for the content, but making it available for free to anyone across the globe for free. This is going to be an excellent series and encourage any non-church person to watch, just for the debt-free principles!

Craig also shared a vision that he wants to pre-tape sermons earlier in the week with a live audience so they can be translated into multiple languages to give and broadcast to churches free of charge around the world so they can further the gospel's reach.

fromdust
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM

which one is he going to be at?

Prunepicker
03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
GO TO THE SEMINAR!

Dave Ramsey's philosophy stems from the Bible. He's got a lot of common
sense solutions that too many of us absolutely won't use, even though
deep in our heart we know these.

There's something about "keeping up with the Joneses." We won't admit it
for anything, but that's where a big part of our financial problems come.

We simply need to live within our means and forget what others are doing.

Good Grief! Prunette and I, combined, make less than a school teacher in
her/his first year, yet, we live like kings and queens because we live within
our means. Ooooo that rhymed!

It's tough because we don't want to do it, i.e. live within our means.
However, if we do things like buy a house we can TRULY afford and buy
used cars with cash and not a loan, we'll have more money than we know
what to do with.

Pardon my loquacious expository remarks.

metro
03-03-2009, 08:11 AM
which one is he going to be at?

Just to clarify, these were pre-taped last Saturday at the OKC Campus. As you know, Dave Ramsey is a very busy man and has a syndicated radio show and appears daily on FOX News and other major media outlets. Luckily, I had the priveledge of attending the taping. They will be broadcast for 3 weeks, starting the week of March 14th-15th. Dave will not be in person live during the series.

Prunepicker, it's more than a seminar, it's an actual 3 week message series taught/preached by Dave. Something he rarely does. It's not too preechy for the non-church crowd, but yes the principles are all biblical, as absolute truth does not change unlike our economy.

Dave Cook
03-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Tried to listen to his radio show before. I liked him, but can't stand all the call-ins. Doesn't it all just boil down to "if you don't have the money, then don't buy it"?

I'm with you. Half of his callers leave you scratching your head.

Another observation......ever notive 85% of his callers all make 6 figures a year but can't figure out to rid the car payment to pay off 15k in debt? How can you be smart enough to make that kind of money yet not know how to pay off some debt?

oneforone
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm with you. Half of his callers leave you scratching your head.

Another observation......ever notive 85% of his callers all make 6 figures a year but can't figure out to rid the car payment to pay off 15k in debt? How can you be smart enough to make that kind of money yet not know how to pay off some debt?

For most of these six figure callers it is all about keeping up with the Jones. Not to mention most of them love being envied by every one they know because they are first ones to have the cool new gadgets, cars etc. etc.

Like the majority of Americans most of them were raised under the culture of spend, spend, spend. They grew up in households were mom and dad behaved like cash machines. Nobody every taught them to save money for the things they want. Instead they were taught financing is the key to success. The only piece of sound financial they know is make the payments on time.

This stupid way of thinking lead us to the financial disaster the nation is now experiencing. If the majority of us planned for a rainy day there would never be another recession let alone a depression.

fromdust
03-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Just to clarify, these were pre-taped last Saturday at the OKC Campus. As you know, Dave Ramsey is a very busy man and has a syndicated radio show and appears daily on FOX News and other major media outlets. Luckily, I had the priveledge of attending the taping. They will be broadcast for 3 weeks, starting the week of March 14th-15th. Dave will not be in person live during the series.

Prunepicker, it's more than a seminar, it's an actual 3 week message series taught/preached by Dave. Something he rarely does. It's not too preechy for the non-church crowd, but yes the principles are all biblical, as absolute truth does not change unlike our economy.

dang! well, thanks anyway met.

metro
03-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Just a reminder Dave's series starts this weekend at 5:00pm on Saturday. For local and international service times, go to LifeChurch.tv - Church Online (http://live.lifechurch.tv)

metro
03-12-2009, 07:53 AM
March 12th, 2009
by Craig Groeschel

LifeChurch.tv Announces David Ramsey Speaking At Your Church!

My friend and financial mentor Dave Ramsey is teaching a 3-week series at LifeChurch.tv for churches across the world to use. It’s called Life. Money. Hope. Featuring Dave Ramsey and our church will be viewing these messages starting this weekend, March 14 and 15.

You’re invited to join us at any of our campuses or at LifeChurch.tv - Church Online (http://live.lifechurch.tv) for any of our 10 church online experiences.

If you’d like to use these at your church, you’ll be able to download them from Open | LifeChurch.tv - Free Church Resources (http://open.lifechurch.tv) beginning March 31. This is a gift to your church from Dave Ramsey and from LifeChurch.tv. We’ll have more information coming your way in the next few weeks, along with details about how you can incorporate Financial Peace University at your church to teach people practical skills for making the right decisions with their money.

Pt. 1 of 2 (video interview)
YouTube - Dave Ramsey and Craig Groeschel Interview Pt. 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUeBh9oCOg0&eurl=http://swerve.lifechurch.tv/)

metro
03-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Dave Ramsey interview, pt. 2.

YouTube - Dave Ramsey and Craig Groeschel Interview Pt. 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD8zKQJAaW0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fswerve%2Elifechurch%2Etv%2F2009% 2F03%2F13%2Fannouncing%2Ddave%2Dramsey%2Dpart%2D2% 2F&feature=player_embedded)

For those of you who missed last week's service with Dave, you can still watch it online at LifeChurch.tv (http://www.lifechurch.tv), there are still 2 weeks left of his teaching. This weekend he will be going over his Debt Snowball and ways to get out of debt.