View Full Version : Texas Roadhouse

OKC4me
02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Man, ate there for lunch today, at Penn & Memorial. That is my favorite place to eat!

*I actually like their salads. (Not a big salad eater)
*They have great Ranch dressing, I'm guessing they make it.
* I had their Fort Worth Ribeye, it was fantastic! I"ve never had a bad steak there!

*They have really good rolls, their butter is even better

* Love thier baked potato's. I eat the whole thing, including the skin

* Our waitress was as cute as can be, and we had excellent service. We even asked for the manager, and let her know we were really happy about the service we got.

Just thought I"d pass that along. We always eat there for bdays, etc, I think the last time we ate there was in october. I don't want to wait that long to eat there again!

BradR
02-22-2009, 07:34 PM
i love that place, way better than logan's that's for sure

Easy180
02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
same here...Never had a bad filet there and you can't beat the price

I could do w/o the blaring country music but it's still one of my favorite places to go when I don't want to fork over $50 or more

BailJumper
02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
It has my vote too. Great decor, fun staff, and very good food.

bigjkt405
02-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I just cannot get over just tossing your peanut shells on the floor.... Goes against everything my mother ever taught me....

metro
02-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I just cannot get over just tossing your peanut shells on the floor.... Goes against everything my mother ever taught me....

actually texas reds and texanna reds used to do that wayyyyy back in the day and still do.

bluedogok
02-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Ate there once before I moved to Austin, it was alright but I refuse to go there now. To me an Indiana based chain suing real Texas roadhouses who have had the name for many, many years before they even existed over the use of the name just doesn't seem right to me.

jsibelius
02-23-2009, 08:10 PM

I would disagree with you, but the Logan's I found here in the Metro was pretty bad. My previous experience with Logan's is much better and their steaks and rolls are far better than those at Texas Roadhouse. Not to mention I have a hard time eating at a place called Texas Roadhouse that doesn't actually originate in Texas. Think I'll just get my steaks at Cattleman's.

John1744
02-24-2009, 03:11 AM
I eat at the one on I-240 very reguarly and have to say its one of the only chain restaraunts I probably have never had a bad experience at. The foods usually always perfect, the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, I've just flat out never had a bad visit. It's amazing to me they can keep it up like they do.

kevinpate
02-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Have a relative at the TR near Crossroads. Seems to enjoy employment there.

ms7168
02-24-2009, 08:21 AM
The main thing I like about them is their baked sweet potatoes.
However I don't like them as well as I did a few years ago. I have gotten some tough steak the past couple of visits.

Midtowner
02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
an Indiana based chain

That doesn't really mean anything. Indiana has some pretty favorable corporate laws and a decent corporate law judiciary. It ain't Delaware, but it's a good place to incorporate for a nationally-based company.

BradR
02-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I would disagree with you, but the Logan's I found here in the Metro was pretty bad. My previous experience with Logan's is much better and their steaks and rolls are far better than those at Texas Roadhouse. Not to mention I have a hard time eating at a place called Texas Roadhouse that doesn't actually originate in Texas. Think I'll just get my steaks at Cattleman's.

Try the logan's in norman...was terrible to me

bluedogok
02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
That doesn't really mean anything. Indiana has some pretty favorable corporate laws and a decent corporate law judiciary. It ain't Delaware, but it's a good place to incorporate for a nationally-based company.
They are a "Delaware corporation" but based in the hometown of the primary owner which is Louisville, Kentucky. At one time they were based in Indiana and they started in Indiana. They were also in Oklahoma (2001) before they were in Texas.

Funding Universe - Texas Roadhouse, Inc. (http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Texas-Roadhouse-Inc-Company-History.html)
1993: The first Texas Roadhouse restaurant opens in Clarkesville, Indiana.

What irritates me about them is when they first came into Texas they sued some of the small family joints that had been around for decades and they have commonly been known as a "Texas Roadhouse" with another name before "Texas Roadhouse". They sued them for using that in their name which many of them have been doing long before the steak chain ever existed. It was argued that it is a generic term down here, and therefore their trademark of it should be invalid....but then I don't think anyone should be able to trademark such generic terms as those. I don't think anyone is going to confuse a big-box mall steak joint on the interstate for a dive bar on a two lane ranch road in the middle of nowhere.

AlterNet.org - The Genuine Texas Roadhouse (http://www.alternet.org/columnists/story/19847/the_genuine_texas_roadhouse/)

kmf563
02-25-2009, 07:26 AM
bleck. That's all I have to say. Bleck.

metro
02-26-2009, 07:49 AM
same here kmf, not too impressed.

trousers
02-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Ate there once with my wife. We tried to go the entire meal speaking only using quotes from the movie Roadhouse. By far the best thing about the meal.

kmf563
02-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Ate there once with my wife. We tried to go the entire meal speaking only using quotes from the movie Roadhouse. By far the best thing about the meal.

Not only does that sound like it would make the experience there better...but how adorable! I love hearing little things married couples do that are simple yet memorable and fun. Good for you guys.

bravofriendly
02-27-2009, 07:19 AM
The main thing I like about them is their baked sweet potatoes.
However I don't like them as well as I did a few years ago. I have gotten some tough steak the past couple of visits.

We have had the same experience for the past couple years. You just can't argue with a gift certificate though, so we keep going back whenever one comes round our way. I guess I'll try something besides steak next time.

CarltonsKeeper
02-27-2009, 02:04 PM
I've really tried to like their steaks, BUT - I order them Medium Well and no matter what, they come back rare? Have you had this experience with them?

Bunty
04-01-2014, 12:23 AM

There has been a Texas Roadhouse in Stillwater for several years. It's stays so busy that I bet the owner of it is a millionaire by now. Better get there by 6 pm, if you don't want to wait for a table. I don't find the country music too loud.

trousers
04-01-2014, 08:22 AM
There has been a Texas Roadhouse in Stillwater for several years. It's stays so busy that I bet the owner of it is a millionaire by now. Better get there by 6 pm, if you don't want to wait for a table. I don't find the country music too loud.

It sounds like its a lot of peoples regular Saturday night thing.

Garin
04-06-2014, 07:44 PM

The one out by crossroads is the same way.

MWCGuy
04-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Personally, I like Santa Fe Cattle Company in Midwest City a tad better. Texas Roadhouse is pretty darn good. We usually frequent the one on I-40 and MacArthur and it too has a line out the door on most days.

SoonerDave
04-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Personally, I like Santa Fe Cattle Company in Midwest City a tad better. Texas Roadhouse is pretty darn good. We usually frequent the one on I-40 and MacArthur and it too has a line out the door on most days.

We gave up on Santa Fe in MWC when, after multiple trips, we realized the service was getting worse, and the wait times were getting longer. Maybe we should try again, but with TRH not far down the road, not sure I'd bother. We're big Texas RH fans, despite the noisy environs :)

I prefer a steak a bit more done than most folks, and they've always managed to get it just the way I like it without turning it into a piece of shoeleather. That's worth big marks in my book!

mburlison
08-26-2014, 09:30 PM

Yeah... I mean it's (well, used to be) kind of a novelty, but I agree - can tend to cover a lot of what should be cleaned up I'm thinking...