View Full Version : Skyline snapshot

okrednk
02-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know why the downtown okc skyline hasn't been updated since 3rd Quarter of 2008? I always enjoy seeing the projects compiled there and new updates posted as progress is made on these projects.

okclee
02-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Downtown Okc Inc. was without a President since about that same time, I think they go hand in hand. I would expect now that Downtown Okc inc has a new president we will see a new skyline report next quarter. I am just guessing as I have no real info.

mecarr
02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I asked Steve about it and apparently they had a staff shortage last year. He asked the new Downtown okc prez about it and she said there should be a new skyline snapshot up shortly. I sure hope so, because it was always the most valuable resource when it came to news on downtown projects.

Steve
02-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Actually I spoke to Kim Searls, not the new president. But yeah, Kim, who is a member of this site, said she'll be updating the snapshot. And yes, they've been down on staffing since the last president stepped down in August.

shane453
02-22-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm in the process of working on a similar project at rezoneOKC - Urban Infill and Development (http://rezoneokc.com). It's not going to be a substitute for the Skyline Snapshot, but it is a similar index of projects.

mecarr
04-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Actually I spoke to Kim Searls, not the new president. But yeah, Kim, who is a member of this site, said she'll be updating the snapshot. And yes, they've been down on staffing since the last president stepped down in August.

Snapshot still not updated. Last update was in mid 2008. I know they are probably playing catchup, but I'm looking forward to updates on all cool projects going on right now.

westsidesooner
04-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Snapshot still not updated. Last update was in mid 2008. I know they are probably playing catchup, but I'm looking forward to updates on all cool projects going on right now.

Me too....its one of my favorite sites for updates, or at least it use to be.

Pete
04-28-2009, 09:01 AM
That's a slick little project, Shane! I've contemplated doing something similar for this site.

Great start and look forward to you filling in the various areas of development.

sroberts24
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
a little off topic but the wikipedia site for Oklahoma is Tulsa dominated, most of the pictures and info evolves around Tulsa.... i think something should be done about this

circuitboard
04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
a little off topic but the wikipedia site for Oklahoma is Tulsa dominated, most of the pictures and info evolves around Tulsa.... i think something should be done about this

I agree. I can not wait for Devon to be complete, so we can change that picture that says "BOK tower tallest buiding in Oklahoma". Someone should put a picture of proposed Devon tower, and information about completion.

metro
04-28-2009, 03:48 PM
OKC Talk member ksearls does the skyline snapshot, perhaps she can provide us with an update.

ronronnie1
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I agree. I can not wait for Devon to be complete, so we can change that picture that says "BOK tower tallest buiding in Oklahoma". Someone should put a picture of proposed Devon tower, and information about completion.

Oh doG, I can not wait until Devon tower is completed! (or at least starts going up!) Our skyline will transform so dramatically it's almost surreal. I get so tired of seeing Liberty Tower all by itself and the rest of the talls clumped together almost timidly.

(yeah, I love skyscrapers.)