View Full Version : Joe's Famous Pizza

Edmond Earl
02-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Drove by the old Lottinvilles location today and saw new signs for Joe's Famous Pizza. Is anyone familiar with it.

oneforone
02-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Probably another pizza place like the Pizza House.

John
02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Any chance you saw it wrong and that it might actually be Jo's Famous Pizza? Like in Purcell?

OkieHornet
02-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Any chance you saw it wrong and that it might actually be Jo's Famous Pizza? Like in Purcell?

it is Jo's. the sign mentions Purcell.

grantgeneral78
02-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Drove by the old Lottinvilles location today and saw new signs for Joe's Famous Pizza. Is anyone familiar with it.

Man Jo`s hes the best pizza they are massive! where is Lottinville? I will have to visit it when it opens.

Generals64
02-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Man Jo`s hes the best pizza they are massive! where is Lottinville? I will have to visit it when it opens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Pizza in Oklahoma can top Jo's in Purcell. They Serve:.............Pizza...Not Salad, Not Sandwiches they SERVE PIZZA:....an experience within itself...Oh, you can get tea, Coffee or Soft drinks.....Try this one it's south of Purcell town on old 77....

jdbells
02-23-2009, 02:54 PM
They are the same people as in Purcell. They officially open today. We were invited to a "run through" last week and it was awesome! Gotta try the rollers which are a great appetizer. Went by there today and they were packed already.

jdbells
02-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh, Jo's Famous Pizza is located in the old Lottinville's on Kelly between 15th & Edmond Road.

Richard at Remax
02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
do they still serve it on the cardboard sheets?

jdbells
02-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Sure did, and cardboard circles for plates. The kiddos loved it.

grantgeneral78
02-24-2009, 04:33 AM
-That is great they opened up another up north it will do very well I will have to go by and get a big ole pizza.

fab4fan
02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Jo's Famous Pizza in Edmond is only the second store to open since the original in Purcell opened in 1962.

Try the Canadian Bacon pizza. There is nothing like it. Salads have been added to the menu in Edmond and will soon be added to Purcell's location.

They also cater. There at 900 S Kelly, south of 15th on Kelly in the old Lottinvilles log cabin. Their phone is 340-7070.

OKCitizen
03-02-2009, 07:04 AM
The taco pizza is awesome!

traemac
03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
do they sell pizza by the slice at lunch?

fuzzytoad
03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
do they deliver?

Lord Helmet
03-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I think I might check this out one evening this week.

acpaxton1
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
My wife and I called in a large pepperoni on Friday night and we were both very disappointed. We'll probably give it another shot, but it will have to be much much better for us to eat there a third time.

Generals64
03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
My wife and I called in a large pepperoni on Friday night and we were both very disappointed. We'll probably give it another shot, but it will have to be much much better for us to eat there a third time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
================================================== ==========
Have NEVER>>>>>been disappointed with Jo's in Purcell...We always get the "loaded" combination.....and gorge ourselves.....

Generals64
03-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Hey, get it right....it's jo's famous pizza....not joe's pizza...jo is a lady....she started it all in purcell, oklahoma...worth the drive and she is there most of the time....

Prunepicker
03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey, get it right... it's Jo's famous pizza... not Joe's pizza... Jo is a lady... she
started it all in Purcell, Oklahoma... worth the drive and she is there most of
the time...

Prunette and I have been invited by, duh I have no clue, but his initials are
Gen64, - to go to Jo's - a woman's name- for pizza.

Funny thing, I like pizza even if it's bad. However, somebody has offered to
take us and if Prunette approves we'll be going.

Pepperoni rules. I don't care for plant life on my pizza. Maybe it's because
I'm a meat eating carnivore.

Edmond Earl
03-03-2009, 04:59 PM
It's a little odd for a pizza place to not sell beer.

BradR
03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I live in Purcell and went to Jo's twice, both times it was terrible and I will never go back. One of his former employees or something opened up Rodney's Pizza place right down the street and I haven't felt the urge to go there either.

Sad to say but Mazzio's or even Pizza Hut have had better pizza and I don't like either one of those restaurants either.

If you're in Purcell and want a place to eat, I'd recommend Bravos Mexican as I've had a lot better experience there.

hipsterdoofus
03-03-2009, 08:01 PM

Is it? I didn't know there was a standard....

Generals64
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM
No Beer at Jo's:.................I have eaten there Many many times and have NEVER had a bad experience. I too have a place in the Purcell area.....so, I have tried almost all of them....The Diner on the river is good home style cooking. Bravos is a nice Mexican place...but, it has been numerous names and changes....Rodney's is O.K. ...... Hey, try the Horse Sale for a burger on Saturday afternoon......

BradR
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
never heard of the horse sale...any info on that

my wife and i both like the diner but just wish it didn't close so early

Generals64
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
never heard of the horse sale...any info on that

my wife and i both like the diner but just wish it didn't close so early

there is an old Horse sale over by the City compound. This is every Saturday. They have an old "Greasey Spoon" hamburger spot...I mean that complimentary not as a slam. Nothing beats a good old fashion Burger.....Have you guys tried the Convenience store out by the prison east of Lexington....? Great Burgers...I have a small farm east of there about 3 miles....

Lord Helmet
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM

No beer? Ugh. I'll pick one up to go some time...but I doubt we'll dine in.

kevinpate
03-04-2009, 07:45 PM
> a little odd for a pizza place to not sell beer.

If memory serves, it's a matter of the owners walking their talk. Could be something else, but that's my recall of the one at Purcell.

Edmond Earl
03-05-2009, 06:14 PM

CiCis is the standard for pizza joints not selling beer. Enough said.

BradR
03-05-2009, 06:21 PM
I'd take CiCi's any day over Jo's Famous Pizza

Generals64
03-05-2009, 06:25 PM
You guys don't understand:....Jo doesn't serve beer in HER Restaurant....Nor is she open on SUNDAY...Her beliefs, Her place.....If you are foolish enough to compare Jo's to Cici's you would probably compare McDonald's to Johnnies as far as a real Hamburger.....Don't judge the place until you have been there. I've been to Cici's and once I got past the sticky booths from kids running everywhere I still didn't like the food.....Cardboard can be served only so many ways before it becomes cardboard again.....

BradR
03-05-2009, 06:26 PM
maybe i just got a bad batch of pizza and dry breadsticks *twice* from Jo's, but that's enough to make me not recommend them to anyone.

I'm sure they do have good food but I was unlucky enough to not get it so that's my opinion on it.

Generals64
03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
maybe i just got a bad batch of pizza and dry breadsticks *twice* from Jo's, but that's enough to make me not recommend them to anyone.

I'm sure they do have good food but I was unlucky enough to not get it so that's my opinion on it.
================================================== =========
The lady that owns the restaurant would have probably given you your MONEY BACK in a heart beat....I don't personally know her but, I have talked to her numerous times. I'm not a band wagon and will probably get some bad service and food this Saturday night. But I have eaten there numerous times, have taken numerous out of town visitors with me and my wife....and will stand up and "SHOUT" about the food there. If you really want a GREAT PIZZA to talk about go to Guido's....Know where it is???? Tontitown, Arkansas....You can't eat a complete SMALL Combo Pizza...I don't care how much you think you can eat of a pizza... But, this is about Jo's. Tell her your disappointment about your previous visits.....She'll take care of you.....

Prunepicker
03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
... If you really want a GREAT PIZZA to talk about go to Guido's... Know
where it is? Tontitown, Arkansas... You can't eat a complete SMALL Combo
Pizza... I don't care how much you think you can eat of a pizza...

Hey Tontitown is just outside of Springdale. Home of AQ Chicken. Maybe
we'll try the pizza but when we go through Springdale we stop at AQ. It's be
hard to give it up!

hipsterdoofus
03-05-2009, 09:16 PM
CiCis is the standard for pizza joints not selling beer. Enough said.

Or Mazzio's, Pizza Hut...etc...not saying those are the best pizza...just didn't know beer was a requirement if you were going to open a pizza place...

Prunepicker
03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Or Mazzio's, Pizza Hut... etc... not saying those are the best pizza...

Mazzio's has too much sauce. I don't care for a pizza that drips or spills.

hipsterdoofus
03-06-2009, 07:17 AM
But we are talking about quality of pizza here right? I'd assume if they have to serve beer to make it worth going there, then the pizza must not be able to stand on its own.

Lord Helmet
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Tried it this weekend. Great Pizza...but still not better than Hideaway.

Rover
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I thought the founder of Jo's in Purcell died and some other family members took it over. Rodney in Purcell is a nephew who was running Jo's (if I understand correctly) when Jo's was good. I've eaten at Rodney's and it is very good. In Purcell they will tell you that Jo's is no longer good. Rodney's is always packed.

OKCitizen
03-23-2009, 09:04 AM
I miss Pepperoni Station SO MUCH!!!

Generals64
03-23-2009, 09:16 AM
I thought the founder of Jo's in Purcell died and some other family members took it over. Rodney in Purcell is a nephew who was running Jo's (if I understand correctly) when Jo's was good. I've eaten at Rodney's and it is very good. In Purcell they will tell you that Jo's is no longer good. Rodney's is always packed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I ws at the wrong place last week. Jo's is and was great in Purcell. I can't find anyone that says it's no good any longer (that lives in Purcell).

Chefdavies
04-02-2009, 10:32 AM
speaking of pizzas who in edmond has the best pizza now? jo's? othellos? fazoles?

try to keep it away from the national chains and keep it in edmond

oneforone
04-02-2009, 12:07 PM
speaking of pizzas who in edmond has the best pizza now? jo's? othellos? fazoles?

Fazoli's is a fast food italian national chain.

kevinpate
04-02-2009, 01:42 PM
For that matter, your local chains are staffed, generally anyway, by your neighbors and their friends. that they are employed by a chain shouldn't be reason to ignore their opoortunity for happiness. If you don't like someone's food, or service, tell them why, but being a no chains snob isn't exactly neighborly for others in the community.

EdmondBrad
04-02-2009, 03:49 PM

I know it's a national chain but I really like Old Chicago.

Prunepicker
04-02-2009, 05:02 PM
For that matter, your local chains are staffed, generally anyway, by your
neighbors and their friends. that they are employed by a chain shouldn't be
reason to ignore their opportunity for happiness. If you don't like someone's
food, or service, tell them why, but being a no chains snob isn't exactly
neighborly for others in the community.

That's why some chain restaurants stink and others are great. That even
goes for Mc_____.

It all depends upon the people who are employed and how they do their job.

Personal note: Prunette and I can't stand to go to a "good" restaurant and
have the hostess say, "hi' guys!" Gimme a break. The other thing we can't
stand is, "how does everything taste?" If it didn't taste good you'd be
getting a message, and fast. ACCCCCCCCK!

I DON'T WANT PERKY AND BUBBLY, NOR DO I WANT TO BE YOUR
FRIEND! I WANT SERVICE AND FOR THE STAFF TO STAY OUT OF OUR
WAY!

C'mon, show some sense and act intelligent.

Oh for the days when you could go to Christopher's and the waiters and
waitresses were taught to be discreet and virtually unnoticeable.

kevinpate
04-03-2009, 07:06 AM
What Prune said. Some of my favorite wait staff over the years have been, in no particular order, Gopuram (dining enclave) The Mantle and Jamil's. Never smothered, never abandoned ... just good service.

hipsterdoofus
04-03-2009, 07:16 AM
I know to some its kind of a joke, but I'm extremely impressed with what Cici's has done the last few years. They used to be nasty little places with apathetic employees and now they are much nicer inside, and the employees seem to genuinely enjoy working there and helping customers. Not saying they have the best pizza by any stretch, but I'm impressed with the direction their customer service has gone.

EdmondBrad
04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
That's why some chain restaurants stink and others are great. That even
goes for Mc_____.

It all depends upon the people who are employed and how they do their job.

Personal note: Prunette and I can't stand to go to a "good" restaurant and
have the hostess say, "hi' guys!" Gimme a break. The other thing we can't
stand is, "how does everything taste?" If it didn't taste good you'd be
getting a message, and fast. ACCCCCCCCK!

I DON'T WANT PERKY AND BUBBLY, NOR DO I WANT TO BE YOUR
FRIEND! I WANT SERVICE AND FOR THE STAFF TO STAY OUT OF OUR
WAY!

C'mon, show some sense and act intelligent.

Oh for the days when you could go to Christopher's and the waiters and
waitresses were taught to be discreet and virtually unnoticeable.

The thing I don't like is when a waiter/waitress squats down at the end of the table and puts their pad on the end of the table to take your order. My father doesn't like it when they say "no problem" instead of "you're welcome". I guess everyone has their pet peeves.

Prunepicker
04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
The thing I don't like is when a waiter/waitress squats down at the end of
the table and puts their pad on the end of the table to take your order. My
father doesn't like it when they say "no problem" instead of "you're welcome".
I guess everyone has their pet peeves.

No kidding! That squatting thing is wrong, unless you're eating at Molly
Murphy's.

That "no problem" thing bugs me, too. In fact, most of what bugs me starts
when we open to door. LOL

Hey, how about when they wipe up a mess on the floor then proceed to
clean the table with the same rag? ACCCCK!

Prunepicker
04-03-2009, 09:59 AM
:backtotop

How's the service at Jo's?

Lord Helmet
04-03-2009, 11:00 AM

I'd say Falcone's or Hideaway (on the original crust)

Jimmy's Big Toe
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
I love Falcone's but Jo's Taco pizza rocks!!!

Prunepicker
04-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I love Falcone's but Jo's Taco pizza rocks!!!

What exactly is a Taco Pizza? I've seen it on a couple of menus. Is it a
pizza with, duh, Mexican seasonings and other taco supplements?

I'm a Pepperoni man, myself!

kevinpate
04-04-2009, 04:37 AM
> What exactly is a Taco Pizza?

Depends where you get it I suppose. I've seen some that are a ted suace base, meat cheese, lettuce, kind of a giant flat taco. others are a bean sauce based then you're typical taco layers on top.

Not being a major taco fan, i never saw a reason to vastly change the basic concept of pizza, except to make breakfast pizzas for the opening crews back in the day (especially when workers were short and the openers were also the prior night's closers.)

metro
04-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Never had taco pizza? A must try and most places offer it.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-07-2009, 10:28 AM
speaking of pizzas who in edmond has the best pizza now? ...

To answer your question, it's still Hideaway. We tried Jo's a couple of weeks ago and really like it. The staff was good, not extraordinary, for a mid-afternoon. I would say that it's the 2nd best in Edmond.

Soonerinfiniti
04-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Does Joe's have any type of lunch buffet/specials?

metro
04-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Nope. Just whole pizzas.

To the poster above, the service is excellent. See the reviews of Jo's in the food section of this website.

hipsterdoofus
06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I went and ate at Jo's on Saturday.

I thought that the service was very good and the staff were some of the friendliest and most concerned that I've seen at any restaurant in a LONG time. I was very impressed.

As for the pizza, it was very a little different to me than any others I had had in town. Very heavy on the toppings and the crust is thin and good. I didn't think the price was either good or bad, probably average - but considering this place is just around the corner from me, I will most likely be visiting again.