View Full Version : HDTV Tuner Card/WMC PC:

CuatrodeMayo
02-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Has anybody had any experience with PCI HD tuner cards and/or Windows Media Center for Vista? I have Vista PC I'm thinking about converting to a media center to connect to my 32" LCD. Thoughts?

08hybridok
02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I used an Avermedia 180(?) HD card in my wife's XP Media center. Now her & the kids have it gunked up with games it won't run MCE now, but when it was new it worked great. I'm thinking of stealing it to put in my Visa MCE machine.

I had it connected to a 62" DLP screen and it looked awesome, sometimes using the computer monitor & tv screen was a bit challenging get each screen size & setting so text was readable on both, but the pic was great.

Thunder
02-20-2009, 08:25 PM
I would love to have my computer connected to the 50" HDTV DLP TV. Is that possible?

08hybridok
02-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I would love to have my computer connected to the 50" HDTV DLP TV. Is that possible?

Depends on your TV card & TV. My older TV I had to use S video, My newer set has eiter VGA or DVI inputs (Can't recall as I use HD Tivo now). My Video cards had 2 outputs, I ran 1 to the monitor, the other to the TV and did a dual monitor setup with windows.