View Full Version : Friends of the Library Book sale this weekend

so1rfan
02-20-2009, 08:23 AM
It's time once again for the Friends of the Library Book Sale at the State Fairgrounds. I have been a volunteer for the past 8 or 9 yeards as a cashier for tonights madness.

More information here: MLS Friends Booksale (http://www.mlsfriends.org/booksale.html)

metro
02-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Great! Thanks for the reminder, I missed it last year. Love getting me some OKC history books. Doug, we might have to arm wrestle.....

Zoom Zoom
02-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Hmm...I've never heard of this. Are they new or used books?

jsibelius
02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
They're usually books that are weeded from the library collection or books that are donated to the library. They can be new, but most will be used. Many of them are very gently used. It's worth checking out - you never know what you might find!

CuatrodeMayo
02-25-2009, 09:39 PM
so1rfan: My buddy and I had table 7 friday night. Which one were you?

The rest of you: If you volunteer for certain time slots, you get to buy books at the pre-sale on Thursday.

tburn
02-26-2009, 08:11 AM
I went! First Timer!
My friend had passes for the pre-sale Friday.
UN-Believeable how many people were there - with suitcases, dollies, boxes etc. The final line to check out was soooo long.
They are very well organized and it moves efficiently.

Most hardbacks are $1, softcover .50

I look forward to this next year!

mcgrawsdad
02-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I have found some very interesting finds at the FOL sale. Tons of great books on Oklahoma History, Lincoln, all the time life series, and probably the two best, a first edition Madame Bovary (condition not too great, but still first edition), and a first edition Drawing of the Three (Stephen King Dark Tower Series) in near mint. How in the world those two books ever made it into the sale (instead of the auction) is beyond me, but I am glad they did...

so1rfan
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
so1rfan: My buddy and I had table 7 friday night. Which one were you?

The rest of you: If you volunteer for certain time slots, you get to buy books at the pre-sale on Thursday.

Let's just say that things didn't work out as we planned although we made every effort.