View Full Version : Tyson Chandler and his lil piggie

ericbrowning
02-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Looks like the deal is off cause of a bad toe.

Talk about a raw deal for Wilcox and Smith.....I am just imagining them walking back into the locker room to be re-issued their stuff.

Can't really see them being super high on personal confidence at the mo.

Eric

OKCMallen
02-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Hopefully they'll understand it's a business. I mean, they already knew they were being traded not because they were good, but because their contracts were expiring...

mcgrawsdad
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Wilcox has the potential to be a very good player.

osupokesno1
02-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Wilcox has the potential to be a very good player.
Wilcox has been in the NBA for six years. His potential is about to run out.

metro
02-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Looks like the deal is off cause of a bad toe.

Talk about a raw deal for Wilcox and Smith.....I am just imagining them walking back into the locker room to be re-issued their stuff.

Can't really see them being super high on personal confidence at the mo.

Eric

You need to get a deal with the Thunder doing p/t so you can get us some free courtside tickets.

nik4411
02-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I think this was a bad move. I can't believe the doctor failed him b/c of his turf toe. Maybe they know more than we do and that there is more to it. Maybe that is why the hornets were really looking to ship him off for those two guys.
But it seems like he wouldn't have even needed to play. They could have brought him in, rested him, get him 100% healthy and ready for next season.

okclee
02-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Deion Sanders had to retire because of turf toe, it ended his career.

TaoMaas
02-24-2009, 09:56 AM
I can't believe the doctor failed him b/c of his turf toe. Maybe they know more than we do and that there is more to it. Maybe that is why the hornets were really looking to ship him off for those two guys.

Did you see his highlights last night? He looked pretty darned healthy to me! However, like you said, there must be more to this story. Plus, it could be that he's not too happy about the trade falling through so he set out last night to prove he could still play.

nik4411
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Yea he did look pretty good! 15 and 10. Oh well, what can you do. He had came out after the trade and said he was happy to go back to OKC, if he meant it or not who knows, but he would have been a great centerpiece in the middle for this young team.

SouthsideSooner
02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
From the Cleveland Plain Dealer...

Information missing: There are still plenty of people in the NBA who can't quite figure out why the Thunder decided to pull out of their deal to get Tyson Chandler from the Hornets, which was seen by many as a steal.

Supposedly it was because of his toe, which he needed surgery on two years ago when the Hornets were in Oklahoma City. In fact, the same doctor who did that procedure for the Hornets when they were in Oklahoma raised the red flag for the current hometown Thunder. But there are some that think it is something deeper that the Thunder aren't talking about as a courtesy to the Hornets and Chandler.

One league insider said the word going throughout the league is that Chandler hasn't been able to truly practice in a year due to various foot and ankle issues. There is also some belief that his success offensively is largely tied to Chris Paul and his ability to run a devastating pick-and-roll when both are healthy.

No matter what, this is probably a drama that will have some more chapters.

NBA Insider: Economy may bankrupt some teams' hopes for 2010 free-agent bonanza - Cleveland Cavaliers Basketball NBA News - cleveland.com (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/nba_insider_economy_may_bankru.html)

CaptDave
02-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Something stinks about the way this trade was voided.......Tyson looked pretty good last night.

Is it possible the Thunder is really incompetant? (I don't think so)

I would not be surprised at all if George Shinn came begging to Bennett for a "do over" after the reaction of the Hornets players.

I cannot fathom why the Thunder would let one of the great coups in trades escape them.....nothing about it makes sense. I just don't buy the boo boo on the toe story - plenty of athletes have recovered from these injuries - especally athletes as young as Tyson.

Crap - they would have been a lot of fun to watch.....