View Full Version : Mediterranean Basics

flowergarden6818
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I love Mediterranean food and I know the basics, and I want to get some advice on who has the best:
Falafel, Hummus, yogurt sauce, and Kabobs.
I have been around to a few places and so far I vote Zorbas in to be the best and just to add to that they have the best Tomato Artichoke soup, yumm yumm.
I want some help in locating some new places that I have not yet been to, so that I can compare.

metro
02-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Mediterranean Deli would be a good stop for you. Just down the street (south) from Zorbas.

tburn
02-14-2009, 06:36 PM
CousCous Cafe
just south of NW 63rd & May - on the west side
they have great falafel & hummus

I have enjoyed everything I've tried on their menu

fromdust
02-15-2009, 12:43 PM
CousCous Cafe

couscous!! love the place. the owner is so freaking nice; that alone keeps me coming back.

OklahomaJames
04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Based on my research in the past few months beside Olive Branch having the best babaghannouj, Zorbas has the best hummus, falafel, kabobs and Flower you are right there soup, wow it is the best I have had.

bristolscene
04-05-2009, 04:10 PM
(Nunni's ?) Mediterranean Cafe on Memorial Avenue by Portland. It's great! I know the owners and ate there the first time a few weeks ago. Very good!

I love CousCous Cafe.

Also, it's nothing excellent or unique, but I'll eat anywhere that serves gyros. Gyro City is on NW Expressway near Rockwell or something like that.

NativeOkie
04-05-2009, 05:37 PM
As far as steak houses with Med flair try Eddie's (If memory is right) Great Hummus and Cabbage rolls. Was on N Meridian? Help anyone

rondvu
04-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Eddy's closed almost a year ago. :closed:

metro
04-06-2009, 07:53 AM
(Nunni's ?) Mediterranean Cafe on Memorial Avenue by Portland. It's great! I know the owners and ate there the first time a few weeks ago. Very good!

I love CousCous Cafe.

Also, it's nothing excellent or unique, but I'll eat anywhere that serves gyros. Gyro City is on NW Expressway near Rockwell or something like that.

NuNu's Cafe

HSC-Sooner
04-06-2009, 08:59 AM
CousCous Cafe

If you go to CousCous cafe, get the Moroccan tea and the lamb tajine! I can also second the owner as very hospitable.