View Full Version : Reasons to be single...

Ms.Relaxationstation
01-09-2005, 09:05 PM
:laughing_

Cooking my own meals would be an adventure, not a punishment.

I wouldn't have to explain why I'm wearing "that" shirt with "those" pants.

I could leave the toilet seat in any position I damn well please.

I could actually tell the bartender, "If anyone calls, I'm here".

I'd be painting the town instead of the house.

When I get home after work, I don't have to start work again.

I could show my boyfriend where I live.

I'd be driving a miniskirt instead of a minivan.

The only weeds I'd be concerned with are the ones I'm rolling.

I would have saved $372,416.21 in groceries by now.

I'd get to see what my paycheck looks like.

I'd get to see what my credit cards look like.

You can see a different face when you wake up in the morning, every day of the week!

Bachelors don't have Mother-in-laws.

I wouldn't have to watch sub-titled French films.

I could use my own name at hotels.

I wouldn't have a driving instructor grading me every time I go somewhere.

When asked his opinion, a single guy can say "Hell yes, you're fat!".

oklacity75
01-09-2005, 10:30 PM
You know if you just shop around a little that are many guys that think like you and you could enjoy almost everyone of these things on your list.

floater
01-19-2005, 11:17 PM
You know if you just shop around a little that are many guys that think like you and you could enjoy almost everyone of these things on your list.

That's true, oklacity75. But marriage isn't for everyone. Those who recognize that early on are doing themselves and other people a big favor. And I fully believe one can be happy without being married, or partnered even. That's not my choice per se, but I respect people's choice to be unattached.

Underling
01-20-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm actually one of those people perfectly happy being alone. After what my ex put me through during our break-up (a six month ordeal last year), I don't have any intention of getting into another serious relationship for a very very long time, if ever.

I'm content to sit at home readig, writing and watching whatever the hell I feel like watching on TV.

mranderson
02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Actually, I find no real "reason" to be single. When you are single, there is no one to enjoy the rest of your life with, no one to comfort you in time of grief, no one to share the joy when you win the lottery or other happy times.

Yes, you have friends and family, but it is not the same.

Ms.Relaxationstation
02-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I'll agree with MR A. on this one....I hate being single, don't like it, think it stinks.etc. However; I CAN be single just don't want to be the rest of my life. :surrender

Ssath
02-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Ms.R, you just summed up how I feel about being single in a much more succinct manner than I could (or would) have.