View Full Version : South Beach - IT WORKS!

Karried
08-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Okay, I know I'm shouting but I wanted to get your attention :cool:

I think we need two new forums, one for Health Issues and also for Travel.

Anyway, I'll post this Health related topic here maybe it will be moved to a new forum.

First off, I'm not selling anything & I'm not trying to convert anyone - just trying to help out a few people that might want to lose a few (how about 8-13) pounds in the next two weeks?

Diet buddies are fun!

I started at 141lbs 18 days ago and now I am down to 129lbs - I am not joking and I'm not stealing my kids food! Which is what I typically try to do when trying to diet!! :D

My husband lost 16 lbs - it is easier for men.

And, for the record, I hate to Diet, I hate the word Diet, the minute I hear it or try to do it - I'm instantly famished! Even if I'm not hungry I feel deprived and break out the violin and feel sorry for myself :( - that's why I like this way of eating.

I'm not hungry - in a nutshell, it is similar to Atkins, low carb and if you can get through the first two days, you will be amazed at the scale and how it starts to drop - it is so exciting! This may be the stimulus that will get you started and before you know it, you will be eating healthier.

I won't tell you to go buy the book (Sams has it for $15 if you want to), but you can look online and find tons of information about it and recipes, even the Food Channel site has tons of recipes.

I hope this post gets you excited and starts you on the path to better health !! (You should check with your doctor before starting any diet).

For two weeks only and then you will reintroduce some healthy carbs - see if you can make it for two weeks without bread, potatoes, sugar, alcohol (no beer) - eat protein, eggs, lean meats, vegetables and salads, eat until your full, snack on low fat mozzarella sticks and a handful of almonds, try to keep your carbs under 20 grams a day for two weeks, check your labels - you will be amazed at how many carbs are in the food you eat! Stay away from low-fat sweets, carbs replace the fat - your body will burn the carbs for fuel, not your bodyfat, which is what you want to happen.

I promise, if it worked for me, it can work for you - I plan on trying to eat like this for the rest of my life, I feel more energized, and the scale just keeps going down.
I have been walking sporadically for about 30 minutes at a time. Not everyday, if I did, I would probably lose more.

Nothing tastes as good as fitting into your clothes again! Good luck and I look forward to hearing your success stories!

PS, I'm going on a cruise out of Galveston next week (hence the diet!) and want to hear Travel experiences so maybe a new category will be introduced.

Patrick
08-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Hey Karried,

You might put this in the Announcements/Suggestions forum! That way the web admin will see it!