View Full Version : back in okc, so much has changed

americasfuture2k
02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
single guy, 25 and in the navy at tinker. i luckily got stationed at home. (im from edmond originally) from the short time i was gone, so much has changed.
and most of my friends arent around because they to left to go do the military thing or are too busy with work and school full time. so im left here alone most of the time on my free nights, and i would like to go out and meet new people.
i dont really know what to do around here to go meet people now. before the navy, all i did was hangout at home with friends i knew from highschool because i was too broke to go do things. now that i can go out and do things that arent too terribly expensive, i dont know what to do. :rolleyes:

but yea, sayin hi to all the locals. Hi.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-13-2009, 01:14 AM
lol...I'd have been PISSED if I'd have gotten stationed where I was from!

I joined to see the world...Which I did...In spades.

Then I moved back home and my whole family had moved to TX.

And...Is that a Fiero? I love those cars.

jsibelius
02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Some people trade assignments deliberately so they can be stationed closer to home. Not everyone joins so they can travel.

Welcome home. There are probably lots of single people stationed around Tinker in the same situation as you - single and in need of some company. A lot of them aren't likely to be as familiar with the area as you are. You could really fill a void for the newbies. One thing you could do is bring 'em over to the Jazz Lab to eat some good pizza and see one of the live bands that play there. If you like jazz, the UCO bands are very good. They play once I month, I think. If not, the regular live bands they bring in every weekend are worth checking out too. I understand there's a variety of musical genres.

americasfuture2k
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
eh, not too upset about it. atleast i know of all the good places and the bad places to stay away from. yes, that is a fiero. 87 GT i am restoring/modding. this summer i will finish up on the motor swap. and in a year or so, you will see and hear a 99 prowler yellow GT running around. maybe even pulled over, lol but i hope not.

there probably is, but im not too much into the military lifestyle. even though its something in common and to talk about, not really what i see as something to get to know the real person. the military molds you into their shape. changes you from what you were to what they want you to be. but there are a select few people i have met that are really great people and can share knowledge and share other interests. ive already met a couple of cuties that are big into photography. one is military (i work in the barracks she lives in) and the other is up in tulsa. ive seen the jazz lab, but never really heard anything about it. that pizza place your talking about is hideaway pizza. i worked there for a weekend, wasnt really my kind of job. ive done enough kitchen work in my lifetime. ill hafta look more into their events and shows.

americasfuture2k
02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
eh, not too upset about it. atleast i know of all the good places and the bad places to stay away from. yes, that is a fiero. 87 GT i am restoring/modding. this summer i will finish up on the motor swap. and in a year or so, you will see and hear a 99 prowler yellow GT running around. maybe even pulled over, lol but i hope not.

there probably is, but im not too much into the military lifestyle. even though its something in common and to talk about, not really what i see as something to get to know the real person. the military molds you into their shape. changes you from what you were to what they want you to be. but there are a select few people i have met that are really great people and can share knowledge and share other interests. ive already met a couple of cuties that are big into photography. one is military (i work in the barracks she lives in) and the other is up in tulsa. ive seen the jazz lab, but never really heard anything about it. that pizza place your talking about is hideaway pizza. i worked there for a weekend, wasnt really my kind of job. ive done enough kitchen work in my lifetime. ill hafta look more into their events and shows.