View Full Version : Can't watch Thunder Games on FSN with ATT U-verse TV?

JerzeeGrlinOKC
02-07-2009, 10:25 AM
We just got ATT U-verse TV a couple days ago and were really disappointed to learn that FSN Oklahoma is NOT available on their lineup! We get two Dallas FSNs, Houston, San Antonio, and national...we get like 10 FSN channels and nothing for Oklahoma! :doh:

Does anybody else have ATT U-verse and have discovered this?

We called ATT and they have no plans to include it, guess it was too small of a market for them to subscribe to. Well, folks, if you're going to bother offering service to Oklahoma, cater to the local community for Pete's sake. They said we could "put in a request" but who the heck knows where that will go.

Just a warning for you Thunder fans who might be interested in ATT U-verse...you might want to reconsider or wait!

Thunder1
02-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Game program states FSOklahoma as channel 753 on ATT U-Verse. You not receiving it? Because as soon as they offer it way out here I was going to switch. Currently Dish only turns on FSOklahoma for Thunder games and I want it all the time.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
02-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Game program states FSOklahoma as channel 753 on ATT U-Verse. You not receiving it? Because as soon as they offer it way out here I was going to switch. Currently Dish only turns on FSOklahoma for Thunder games and I want it all the time.

Thanks Thunder1. On our lineup 753 is FSN Southwest-Dallas. We called them to ask if we weren't just crazy and that they really did offer FSOklahoma and we just couldn't find it, but they replied that it was not on their program listing, and I'm assuming that FSN Southwest-Dallas will not play them.

Where did you read this game program? I am having trouble finding it. Thanks.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh I am so very very confused. I see there is another similar thread which people are saying that FSSW (which is based out of Dallas) is FSOklahoma?...perhaps "FSSW Dallas" on ATT will play the Thunder games? I guess I'll have to wait until the next game to find out. Thanks for the tip, Thunder1.

:confused:

Jon27
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh I am so very very confused. I see there is another similar thread which people are saying that FSSW (which is based out of Dallas) is FSOklahoma?...perhaps "FSSW Dallas" on ATT will play the Thunder games? I guess I'll have to wait until the next game to find out. Thanks for the tip, Thunder1.

:confused:

Jerzee, otherwise, how do you like U-verse? I have been looking into it. It's not available in my area yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. Do you have any comparison to make with Cox and U-verse? Is it true that the TV signals are wireless through your house?

JerzeeGrlinOKC
02-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Jerzee, otherwise, how do you like U-verse? I have been looking into it. It's not available in my area yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. Do you have any comparison to make with Cox and U-verse? Is it true that the TV signals are wireless through your house?

Its OK I guess. The HD signals are pretty good. But I don't have anything to compare it with, really. It certainly is cheaper than Cox, its really the only reason we selected it (although we're considering switching if we can't get the Thunder games). TV signals are not wireless, though, its TV over IP (the receiver gets TV signals over IP instead of cable, its just a different technology). I think from a TV quality/service standpoint Cox would be similar to AT&T.

terryl
02-07-2009, 04:28 PM
The Thunder games come on 754 on U-verse. The Air Thunder program and pregame are shown as well but that is about it for this channel.

Thunder1
02-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks Thunder1. On our lineup 753 is FSN Southwest-Dallas. We called them to ask if we weren't just crazy and that they really did offer FSOklahoma and we just couldn't find it, but they replied that it was not on their program listing, and I'm assuming that FSN Southwest-Dallas will not play them.

Where did you read this game program? I am having trouble finding it. Thanks.

I think your post on 753 being it is right. Let us know tomorrow night. When you posted I had left last nights game program here on my desk and opened it to the schedule-at the bottom it list all the channels from all the providers.

JerzeeGrlinOKC
02-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I think your post on 753 being it is right. Let us know tomorrow night. When you posted I had left last nights game program here on my desk and opened it to the schedule-at the bottom it list all the channels from all the providers.

Ah I found something too... http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/tunein_081031.pdf Well, looking at it now on the screen, it says "This game is blacked out in your area" and I don't know what would be playing tonight, but that's not a bad sign I guess.

I would tell ya about tomorrow but we're going to the game! Plus tomorrow's game is on KSBI I do believe. I'll report back about Tuesday's game...

Thanks again!

jhouch
02-08-2009, 02:18 PM
U-Verse is great. We have had it for about 1 year. Better quality than Cox. I have been able to watch Thunder games on 754. Hope that helps!

JerzeeGrlinOKC
02-09-2009, 04:48 PM
U-Verse is great. We have had it for about 1 year. Better quality than Cox. I have been able to watch Thunder games on 754. Hope that helps!

Thanks terryl, jhouch, and yeah I heard from coworkers today that its either 753, 754 or 1753 (HD). Got upset for nothing I guess. Well, AT&T sure didn't make it easy to find out. I think we were thrown off by customer service, who just didn't have a clue, and the fact that its officially a Dallas station, plus I saw Mavericks ads yesterday...

:ou

But, can't wait to see the game in HD!