View Full Version : Downtown Apartment Rents Montgomery, Park Harvey

MikeOKC
02-04-2009, 01:22 AM
I used the search function, but have found very little regarding specifics of current downtown apartment rates. I am especially interested in The Montgomery and The Park Harvey. The others seem a little suburban but maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions and consider.

Can anyone help with honest rate information? If you live in TM or PH do you have any thoughts?

Doug Loudenback
02-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Mike, I wouldn't know if what is said in Park Harvey Apartments Oklahoma City , OK 73102 Free Apartment Locating Service Offerred by Apartment Selector includes reviews, ratings, floorplans, rates, picutres and more! (http://www.aptselector.com/lookup/lookup-sng.phtml?%20bldgnumber=37827&agentnum=37&showref=no&logo=aptlogo.gif&images=ok) is accurate, but it shows that the Park Harvey rates are:

Efficiency:$582
One bedroom: $903
Two bedroom:$1,133

This one, Park Harvey Apartments for Rent | Rent Park Harvey, 200 North Harvey, Oklahoma City, OK with ApartmentSearch by CORT (http://my.apartmentsearch.com/db/app.pl?db=myss2&action=search&format=detail&aptid=187628&complex=Park%20Harvey) , shows similar but slightly different numbers, depending on the number of square feet:

Studio: $565 - $830
1 bedroom: $850 - $1,045
2 bedroom: $980 - $1,235

The same site's figures for the Montgomery at The Montgomery Apartments for Rent | Rent The Montgomery, 500 West Main, Oklahoma City, OK with ApartmentSearch by CORT (http://my.apartmentsearch.com/db/app.pl?db=myss2&action=search&format=detail&aptid=187629&complex=The%20Montgomery) are $950 to $2,200.

If I'm not mistaken, one of our members, JBrown84, either did or does live in Park Harvey and I'm pretty sure that he has made comments here about that. The "search" feature should turn up what he said. One thread is here: http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/10122-park-harvey-update.html

taylor83
02-04-2009, 06:29 AM
The rent for my one bedroom, 948 sq. ft. apartment at The Montgomery is $1050/month. On top of this is a flat-rate utility fee of $150/month and the monthly parking fee for the attached, city-owned garage is $59. I did hear however that new tenants are paying a bit more for rent and utilities. Hope that helps.

jmlight
02-04-2009, 11:33 AM
I live in the Park Harvey and the rates go up depending upon what floor you live on. They have a flat utility rate as well but I'm not sure what that is as it was included in the rent quote I was given at the end of my first year.

When I moved in last year the utility rate was $65.00.

I do believe the studio floorplan starts around $600 on the lower floors, but I'm not sure about the larger units.

MikeOKC
02-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Thank you Doug for that information. Great site for apartment info, bookmarked!

Taylor83, Thank you for the reponse as a tenant at The Montgomery. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

taylor83
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
I really love living at The Montgomery. The staff is so courteous and accommodating. My favorite thing about living there is that there's always someone working downstairs and that they will walk your dog for you anytime you need them to. Also they have guest suites. So your family and friends can stay in a fully furnished apartment for $75/night.

And I talked to them today and it looks like just the utilities will be going up a bit, like $10 or $20 more/month, not the rent.

MikeOKC
02-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I've still heard nothing but good things about The Montgomery. Jbrown84, can you tell me about your experiences at Park Harvey?

jmlight
02-07-2009, 02:02 PM
I've still heard nothing but good things about The Montgomery. Jbrown84, can you tell me about your experiences at Park Harvey?

Sorry to jump in, MikeOKC. I heard one of management telling a caller at the Park Harvey say that they also managed The Montgomery, so as far as that goes, they're probably similar.

My experience in the Park Harvey has been mostly good. I've only had one noise problem, and that was quickly taken care of (one of the managers lives in the building and encouraged me to knock on her door at any hour should there be a problem).

It's a young crowd at PH, so the atmosphere took some getting used to for me, but it's in a great location and the views (at least looking west) are wonderful. I've just signed a new lease.

jbrown84
02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Studio: $565 - $830
1 bedroom: $850 - $1,045
2 bedroom: $980 - $1,235

Those rates look pretty accurate, with the higher price range for the higher floors.

I enjoyed living there and wish I could have stayed, but I was unemployed at the time my lease came up. As jmlight said, it is a young crowd for the most part, and with the laundry room & clubhouse on the 2nd floor, it almost has a dorm feel. I liked having the flat fee for utilities, and I didn't pay parking. Everybody just parked on the street. If you have a M-F 9 to 5 job, this works perfectly. Otherwise you will need to pay for parking which is $50 a month I believe for the Galleria garage. The management there is GREAT. Despite the many tenants, Ashley, the GM knew my name and even what floor I lived on. She held the elevator door for me on a couple occasions and already had my floor pushed when I got there.

Not having a washer/dryer was a bit of an inconvenience, but not a big deal for me. The main drawback is the old elevators, which they seemed to be constantly working on. There was even a time that all the elevators froze when a fire alarm went off in the basement. The stairs are strictly for emergency use, so we were stuck in the lobby because the stairwell doors are locked on all the floors except the first, of course.