View Full Version : Best Customer Service in OKC

Alice
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I am working on a project with one of the groups I work with here in the city and was wondering if I could get feedback on the places you feel have the best customer service in Oklahoma City. Also why do you think these places have great customer service?

Anything will help!

Thanks-

Alice

hipsterdoofus
02-04-2009, 02:02 PM
You should do one on worst customer service and just choose who is leftover :-)

sgray
02-04-2009, 05:57 PM
hipster is right. Where do you visit nowadays where employees don't think it is a privilege for you to visit their place of business and that they are entitled to a fat tip before they even do any work?

I have some great stories, but the thread asks for best customer service stories, so I'll hold off. =(

Bostonfan
02-04-2009, 06:07 PM
I may be in the minority here, not real sure, but I would say the Sears in Heritage Park mall. I've never, ever had a bad experience when it comes to customer service.

hipsterdoofus
02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Now that I've moved, I don't do tons of repeat business in OKC proper...otherwise I'd probably have some stories. I will put a plug in for one of my favorite restaurants - San Marcos on May & I-44 - always had great experiences there and the food can't be beat and is better priced that just about anywhere else.

Alice
02-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I agree with San Marcos it has been a family favorite for us for over 5 years. Great staff, great food, great prices.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-05-2009, 02:28 AM
It's not a place that a lot of people visit...But Brian's ATV on S. Western is the best place in town to buy motorcycle and ATV parts. Ask anybody that buys bike/atv parts about Ajax Kawasaki or any of the other motorcycle dealerships in town and you'll get a 5 minute diatribe on how horrible they are at customer service. It's epically bad pretty much across the board unless you're one of their buddies or they're used to you spending $400 a week in there. Their markup is unequaled in retail as far as I know. I can buy a part at Oklahoma Honda for $400 or order it online for $150.

Brian's ATV...Every.single.time I've been in that place I've been treated like they sponsored me. That's buying $30 brake pads or buying $2,000 in suspension parts. Nice folks all around. When I've had to order parts, they've gotten it perfect every time and called me the moment the part arrived.

Can I get some of the stuff cheaper online? Sure. But not by a lot (and they DO have to make a little money off of me, I'm fine with that) and not if I need it that day.

Walk into Ajax and ask a question about something you're thinking about buying that costs a couple of thousand bucks....Those dudes will shrug at you. Seriously. Walk into Brian's and ask a question about a $10 used tire and they'll talk to you for 15 minutes about tires without trying to sell you a $200 tire.

Martin
02-05-2009, 05:12 AM
^
i'll second brian's atv. i don't have reason to go there myself, but my brother swears by them for exactly the reasons you've outlined.

-M

Stinger
02-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Edna's. I can go in there on a Friday afternoon and by the time I reach my barstool, a fresh Lunchbox is waiting on me.

bombermwc
02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I'll second the Sears in Heritage. I did have a bad experience with an electronics guy there once, but after emailing Sears Corporate, they took care of it.

shane453
02-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Cattlemen's and Chick-fil-a (at least, the one here in Norman) are standouts in my opinion. The servers always seem very sincere and accommodating.

OKCMallen
02-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Waitstaff at the Iron Starr.

danielf1935
02-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Best Buy in Norman (Geek Squad computer repair), I recently had my laptop in for hard drive replacement, during replacment they somehow caused additional damage, they repaired all damage at no cost to me, even no charge on hard drive replacement. 7-8 days after I picked up mu laptop, I received a letter from Besy Buy, apoligizing for problems and a gift card for $25.00.

Lauri101
02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Target in Midwest City, especially the pharmacy staff! There's not a bad one in the bunch.

The checkers are also excellent - no fooling around, scan 'em, bag 'em and you're out.

One of the stockers also went above and beyond when he saw I was looking for some cat food that had been on sale. He checked the stock and went to get me one off the truck.

About my only beef in the whole store has been with Starbucks, but I figured it was a sign I didn't need the $5 fat-latte-cream-frap-whatever.

GWB
02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Target in Midwest City, especially the pharmacy staff! There's not a bad one in the bunch.

The checkers are also excellent - no fooling around, scan 'em, bag 'em and you're out.

One of the stockers also went above and beyond when he saw I was looking for some cat food that had been on sale. He checked the stock and went to get me one off the truck.

About my only beef in the whole store has been with Starbucks, but I figured it was a sign I didn't need the $5 fat-latte-cream-frap-whatever.

I agree with you about the pharmacists at Target. In fact, I just came from there. They are all friendly, helpful and give excellent service--fast too!

I stopped going to Starbucks in Target, the service is horrible. When I'm up for a cappuccino or iced carmel macchiato I go to the stand alone Starbucks in the same shopping center. They are always nice and have my order memorized when I order.

Karried
02-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Jimmy's Eggs on N. May.. all of the waitstaff are friendly... great breakfasts, great prices and always a great experience.

mcgrawsdad
02-05-2009, 09:38 PM
The waitstaff at Irma's Classen location...always friendly, always quick...exceptional.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-06-2009, 12:24 AM
I like this thread. Gives me hope! This forum focuses too much on negative stuff too often.

I went to Jersey Mike's today and was reminded about the friendliness that goes on behind the counter there, even during severely busy times. This is at the 240 location.

Protip: If you drop a dollar in the tip jar, the cashier will ring a bell and the whole staff whoops it up for about 2.2 seconds...Giving you a warm fuzzy.

Thunder
02-06-2009, 07:18 AM
The Pharmacists are very nice at that Target store. I may be bias since I used to work there, but what really is special is how they remembered and reminded me about prescription refill.

Most of the workers there are great, myself included. Most of us carry the PDA handy, which is a plus (Walmart associates lack this feature). The PDA is used to pull up pricings and locate items.

I think the Starbucks in that store is actually owned by Target with naming rights. Target employees can get the 10% discount there with the Target discount card. The staff in Starbucks are staff with Target. Cashiers between Target and Starbucks take turn (rotations).

CuatrodeMayo
02-06-2009, 08:08 AM
When I lived in Stillwater, Chick-fil-A had the best chain-store customer service in town.

TaoMaas
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM
I am working on a project with one of the groups I work with here in the city and was wondering if I could get feedback on the places you feel have the best customer service in Oklahoma City. Also why do you think these places have great customer service?

Anything will help!

Thanks-

Alice

If you're going strictly on customer service (and not overall prices) Crest Foods kicks the dog-crap out of Wal Mart, day in and day out.

bombermwc
02-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Crest Really? OK, I'm a home grown MWCian...migrated to OKC. I still do my grocery shopping at Crest because who can beat them on price??? But the cashiers always seem slow and the baggers are even slower. I remember when I was little that the baggers would ALWAYS be done before you got your receipt. But now I always have to wait on the baggers, and they usually banter back and fourth with the cashiers about random crap instead of bagging.

TaoMaas
02-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Crest Really? OK, I'm a home grown MWCian...migrated to OKC. I still do my grocery shopping at Crest because who can beat them on price??? But the cashiers always seem slow and the baggers are even slower. I remember when I was little that the baggers would ALWAYS be done before you got your receipt. But now I always have to wait on the baggers, and they usually banter back and fourth with the cashiers about random crap instead of bagging.

Hmmm...it's still my experience that the baggers are done before I get my receipt at Crest. While, at Wal Mart, I AM the bagger, so I've got nobody to blame but myself. lol

soonerguru
02-06-2009, 07:55 PM
The service department at Hudiburg Nissan is first class all the way.

Jon27
02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
I think the New Balance store in Edmond on 15th & Bryant has some wonderful customer service!! My wife and I have been getting our shoes there for the past few years, and love it! They are trying to sell you shoes, but they are not pushy. They are really helpful, and want to give you things that fit your feet right no matter the price! I just can't say enough about the experiences we've had there when Best Customer Service comes into mind.

ImTheDude
02-07-2009, 04:03 AM
I think the New Balance store in Edmond on 15th & Bryant has some wonderful customer service!! My wife and I have been getting our shoes there for the past few years, and love it! They are trying to sell you shoes, but they are not pushy. They are really helpful, and want to give you things that fit your feet right no matter the price! I just can't say enough about the experiences we've had there when Best Customer Service comes into mind.
That describes The Runner on May as well. I will never buy my running shoes anywhere else.

O'Connors Lawn & Garden, its family owned and they always treat you great.

Jon27
02-07-2009, 08:42 AM
That describes The Runner on May as well. I will never buy my running shoes anywhere else.

Where is that located on May?

Bostonfan
02-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Crest and Walmart have to be the worst at customer service. Tough to say one is worse than the other. Don't mean to offend anyone, but both seem to hire a bunch of losers who couldn't care less what the customer thinks..

CCOKC
02-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Where is that located on May?

It is in the Collanade Shopping Center just north of Britton Road.
I am wearing shoes I bought there right now and agree that they have great service.

GWB
02-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Crest and Walmart have to be the worst at customer service. Tough to say one is worse than the other. Don't mean to offend anyone, but both seem to hire a bunch of losers who couldn't care less what the customer thinks..

Wow, something a left-wing loony and right-wing nut can agree on! :tiphat:

FritterGirl
02-07-2009, 12:07 PM

Wow. Not sure which Crest you go to, but the one I frequent is always friendly. Not only do they have their cart guy greeting you, but they always have ample lanes open to serve the number of customers they have inside.

The check-out personnel are always friendly and greet you with a "find everything you need" (unlike many of the Wal-Mart hacks who can't even bother to grunt at you). The sackers are also always nice, asking you if you need help taking your bags to your car.

I've even seen management, on multiple occasions, pitch in and bag groceries when it was busy.

I'll never forget the day before the big ice storm in December 2007. Crest (and every other grocery store) was filled to the gills. Really you would have thought people were preparing to be stuck inside for weeks on end (as some eventually were). Crest had approximately 24 of their 25 lanes open, they had personnel out checking on lanes and directing traffic to make sure all lanes were running.

Overall, except for the fact I got there a bit late and they were running out on many items, I was amazed how quickly I got in and out of that store.

Wal-Mart may, on a good day, have about 4 or 5 lanes open total. It's one of the many reasons I refuse to shop there anymore.

Lauri101
02-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Eskridge Honda service department is outstanding!

I've even had the service reps tell me to NOT waste money on such and such service, as my mileage is low. The prices are competitive and the speed is incredible for oil changes and other routine maintenance.

amandagall5
02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree about Eskridge. We have taken 4 vehicles there over the past 13 years and have always had good service.

soonerguru
02-07-2009, 05:09 PM
re: Crest. I generally like the service at the store I frequent at NW 23rd and Meridian. They always have plenty of checkers and registers open. The wait for a line to check out is the fastest in OKC. It's not even worth comparing to Wal-Mart; they are very different experiences (except that Crest is often as cheap or cheaper). Finally, the Crest store I visit is always very clean.

Many of the staff there may not overwhelm you with witty repartee, but they are generally friendly and efficient.

Bostonfan
02-07-2009, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=FritterGirl;198551]Wow. Not sure which Crest you go to,

Both MWC stores.... I should say the one on Douglass isn't quite as bad as the old one. Just seems like everytime I go to Crest the workers are rude as hell and look like they came in right off the streets..... and heaven forbid they are asked a question about their product.

Crests' prices are so much cheaper it's hard to go to another grocery store and quite frankly there aren't really anymore in MWC anyway.

As for Walmart, the ONLY time I set foot in that hell hole is when they have something I want/need that Target doesn't have... What a POS that place is...

Bostonfan
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow, something a left-wing loony and right-wing nut can agree on! :tiphat:

We finally agree on something.... the end must be near.: lol

zrfdude
02-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Porch's School Supply...Being an art major I frequent their business and they are an awesome bunch of people. And their prices are usually cheaper than elsewhere.

sgray
02-07-2009, 10:54 PM

I have to agree with other posts. I don't care which angle you look at it, Crest NEVER has just one lane open that is overflowing into the department behind the registers. Granted some Wal-Marts are worse than others (ah hem ah hem Belle Isle ahhhh ah ahem) I have been going to Crest for close to ten years and I've always been impressed by how decent it is. Nothing is great, but crest aint bad at all. I dont doubt they have some issues, but compared to...Wal-Mart??? Having said that, you do have to watch their prices carefully--they can be excellent or pi** poor! (yesterday Coca-Cola two liters @ $1.38ea...OUCH!)

Tell me this--when have you EVER had a Wal-Mart employee catch coupons or deals on packaging and ring them up for you when you forgot to??? I've always been appreciative of that from Crest.

At Crest, the emps not only bag your stuff, but they put it into the cart. Wal-Mart doesn't do that.

Understand that I'm really hard to please, so for me to call any company even 'ok' takes a lot.

I also prefer the cleaner atmosphere of Target like some others, but their stock and selection can be somewhat limited.

Just me observations.

redcup
02-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I have never had a problem with the Target on N.May and 50th. They always seem helpful and the wait for help is short.

Karried
02-08-2009, 10:03 AM
The Crest on Santa Fe is always good...I haven't had an issue there.

I forgot to mention Reynold's Lincoln/Ford on Memorial and Western ( close to that intersection) ... they are really, really good... fast, efficient, nice, cordial, always a good experience.

OUJAG
02-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Rococo's. Really good food, too. The owner always comes to my table and asks how everything turned out, and even though it's not a "kid's place" per se, they are always kind to my daughters when we take them along. Tom and Jerrys on 23rd is similar in this regard as well.

Lawn and Garden: Horn Seed on Classen and NW Expressway. Has a neighborhood feel, and I had one guy talk to me about the right grass seed for my lawn for about 20 minutes! The opposite of my experience at Lowes.

jsibelius
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Or Elite Feet on Danforth in Edmond as well. I zipped in there one day with a specialty request and in a big hurry, no less (late to work). They had me out of there in 10 minutes wearing the perfect pair of shoes. And took the time to answer my weird questions and show me why I needed to lace them differently than I had been, to boot.

Wow. Not sure which Crest you go to, but the one I frequent is always friendly. Not only do they have their cart guy greeting you, but they always have ample lanes open to serve the number of customers they have inside.

The check-out personnel are always friendly and greet you with a "find everything you need" (unlike many of the Wal-Mart hacks who can't even bother to grunt at you). The sackers are also always nice, asking you if you need help taking your bags to your car.

I've even seen management, on multiple occasions, pitch in and bag groceries when it was busy.

I'll never forget the day before the big ice storm in December 2007. Crest (and every other grocery store) was filled to the gills. Really you would have thought people were preparing to be stuck inside for weeks on end (as some eventually were). Crest had approximately 24 of their 25 lanes open, they had personnel out checking on lanes and directing traffic to make sure all lanes were running.

Overall, except for the fact I got there a bit late and they were running out on many items, I was amazed how quickly I got in and out of that store.

The way you are treated by store clerks is very often a reflection of how they are treated by their management. If they're usually friendly, just guess why... If it's a fluke that you found a friendly one in a morass of grunts, guess... It may or may not be corporately-influenced, but it most certainly is coming from a direct supervisor or store manager.

Wal-Mart may, on a good day, have about 4 or 5 lanes open total. It's one of the many reasons I refuse to shop there anymore.

I avoid Wal-Mart often for this reason and shop Crest more often for this and for the reasons stated above. If you knock the total open lanes down to about 2 or 3, that's Target in Edmond. Between that and their insistence on stocking shelves during peak weekend shopping times (so they're always in the way), it's no wonder I almost never go there. The only thing that keeps me from never going there again is that they carry some items that no one else in town does. If that ever changes, I'm gone.

Crest in Edmond does a pretty good job most of the time. What I miss, of course, is having my groceries bagged and carried to my car. But if I ever want that again, I know where to find it.

I have one more set of kudos to hand out. I called CVS at 15th and Bryant in Edmond last night because of some lunacy going on with mail-order pharmacy I'm basically being forced to use. The pharmacist was amazingly helpful despite my telling him that I had taken some of my business to another pharmacy. That's not the first time the pharmacist there has been especially helpful to me, and this wasn't the same pharmacist as last time. I can't say all the employees there are so great - I've run into some duds, but maybe we all have our bad days? - but as a whole, I'm pretty loyal to this one because I have really good reason to be.

danielf1935
02-09-2009, 03:22 AM
I, like most on this thread by-pass Walmart whenever I can, however, living in Norman, our choices are limited (Homeland, Target, Walmart) unless you want to drive to Moore.

FYI--for those that may live on the S. side of OKC, they are going to build a new Crest store at SW 104th and May.

sxl
02-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Moore Imports on south shields.
Once when a friend of mine accidentally broke the wiper arm off of the car I went down there and they just gave me a replacement.
Also bought a small replacement window for $25 when the next best estimate i could find for the window was $90.

They sell used honda and acura parts.