View Full Version : Amphitheatre

benman
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
has anyone heard anything about a new amphitheatre in okc? I know we have the zoo, but we really need something bigger like many other amphitheatres around the country.

danielf1935
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I remember reading about the possibility of a amphitheatre as part of the Oklahoma River/Core to Shore improvements, and I agree, it's needed and would be used.

donbroncho
01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
You all talking about something along the lines of the Hollywood Bowl. I agree, the best place would be by the river...could be quite scenic..

danielf1935
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
I've never been to the Hollywood Bowl, I have been to the Coors Amphitheater in Colorado and agree, a nice theater along the river would be nice. The Zoo amphitheater is nice, but very limited due to size, parking, etc;, if a new amphitheater were built, the Zoo could use their amphitheater for future zoo expansion.

Lord Helmet
01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
We do need a really good outdoor venue for concerts. The one in Dallas pretty cool. I wonder if the one at the Zoo could be renovated? I know they did some work on it a while back, but it still needs work.

so1rfan
01-30-2009, 06:56 PM
And doesn't have to shut down at 10pm.

kevinpate
01-31-2009, 04:25 AM
Why does the Zoo amp close at 10ish anyway? Too close to residential or for the sake of the critters?

so1rfan
01-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Why does the Zoo amp close at 10ish anyway? Too close to residential or for the sake of the critters?

Residential area noise ordinance I believe.

OkieHornet
02-02-2009, 08:10 AM
We do need a really good outdoor venue for concerts. The one in Dallas pretty cool. I wonder if the one at the Zoo could be renovated? I know they did some work on it a while back, but it still needs work.

you like Starplex/Smirnoff/Superpages.com Center? not a big fan myself... just another cookie cutter, run-of-the-mill outdoor/half-covered/seated amphitheater in my opinion... no character to it whatsoever... the Zoo's got it beat by a mile in that category... but the Zoo is also limited by its capacity and that's why you don't see the mega-tours coming through town in the summer...