View Full Version : Construction on 23rd and I-44

warreng88
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Noticed on my way home from work a couple of weeks ago that there was some construction going on at the NW corner of 23rd and I-44. Anyone know what is going on?

OKCisOK4me
01-29-2009, 02:42 PM
I know what you're talking about. Used to be some kind of Asian church or something but they're completely gutting the whole thing out and putting a new awning on the front of it. Who purchased it, I have no clue. I'm just glad they're sprucing the place up! Cause now that damn bum is off of that corner. I don't think he was a bum cause I saw him pull out his cell phone once. I think he just panhandles. No more, on that corner though!

krisb
01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I think it's going to be a new shopping center. The designs on the construction site sign looked pretty nice...much better than before.

Platemaker
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Do you know if they will keep any of the original red tiles that have been unearthed in the reconstruction?

jbrown84
01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
For years it was the local AAA offices, then it was (briefly) Vision Connection Church, a Korean congregation that now worships on the campus of Northwest Baptist Church at 23rd and Drexel.

The wood facade on the outside was sure ugly. At first I thought surely they were tearing it down for a gas station as there isn't one at that major intersection of I-44 & 23rd, but I guess they are reusing the building.

GQofOklahoma
01-29-2009, 07:04 PM
You know, I've been waiting for somebody to ask. My parents and I are the owners of Centennial Real Estate Investments and we are the ones responsible of the rehab of that building. It's going to be a mixed use shopping/office area.

We own GQ Fashions, which currently resides at NW 23rd and Meridian in the Windsor Hills Shopping Center, and we are opening our new location here. Its going to be much larger than before, we are going from 2500 to now over 7000 Sq Ft. The rest of the building is up for lease at this time and we have a few possible tenants showing interest.

Having been a long time reader and rare poster on OKC Talk, I'm so glad you guys have noticed. I think that it will definately be a boon to the area.

Andy Mahbubani
Centennial Real Estate Investments LLC

GQofOklahoma
01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Grand Crossing - http://property.loopnet.com/15687897 (http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/mainsite/Flash/Profile.aspx?LID=15687897)

metro
01-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Wow, the renderings are a dramatic improvement. Should hopefully clean up that intersection and breathe some new life into the area.

warreng88
01-30-2009, 09:00 AM
GQ, glad to see that you all are making the much needed improvements. Several weeks ago I saw a Skid Steer Loader (I had to look up the name so I didn't look like an idiot) coming and out of there with chunks of concrete and I thought the same thing jbrown did in regards to a gas station going up there.

If regards to the space being leased, is there a total of 10,000 sq ft and you all are taking up 7,000 leaving 3,000 sq ft leased or 7,000 for you and an additional 10,000?

DaveSkater
01-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Man I've been in your store GQ! Yes you definetely need more space. Way to go! I applaud your success in this tough time. I bought a full length leather duster from you guys some years ago that I still wear to date.

Will there be any other stores in there with you guys?

Nermel
02-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Allthough not directly related to the construction at 23rd & I-44.. I hope when 23rd is rebuilt or "enhanced" i believe is the way it is phrased in the bond election that they add a continious left turn lane from I-44 to Portland, instead of how it narrows then widens again immediatly.

GQofOklahoma
02-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Thank you again everybody with the well wishes and good lucks. We are currently on schedule to complete by the beginning of March. As to other tenants, we are currently in negotiations with at least three companies, two of them nationally known, to occupy at least part of all of the space. I would love to have local, small business tenants just like my parents clothing store, and if you guys have any suggestions or concerns, please let me know! OKCTalk is a forum I read daily, and you guys definitely have the best for Oklahoma City at heart, and we would love to hear about your comments and concerns. You can either post them here or email them to me at andymahbubani at gmail.com.

Andy Mahbubani
Centennial Real Estate Investments LLC

OKCisOK4me
02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Well, I'm sorry to hear you guys are moving from Windsor Hills. I work across the street in Windsor Park at the tux shop & people come to us all the time looking for suits & we tell them to jump across Meridian to see you guys. Now I'm gonna have to send them a whole mile and a half back to the east! :-(

sgray
02-03-2009, 10:59 PM
...add a continious left turn lane from I-44 to Portland, instead of how it narrows then widens again immediatly.

AMEN TO THAT! I wish that was more of a standard within city limits! That extra half lane (as I like to call it) is very helpful in most places and eliminates the constant stoppage of traffic.

GQofOklahoma
03-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Well, I'm sorry to hear you guys are moving from Windsor Hills. I work across the street in Windsor Park at the tux shop & people come to us all the time looking for suits & we tell them to jump across Meridian to see you guys. Now I'm gonna have to send them a whole mile and a half back to the east! :-(

Good news!! We are keeping the Windsor Hills location for a while. The landlord worked out a lease for us, so to keep all the old customers happy, we are keeping that location as well.

About the new location, we will be opening in about ten days pending all other inspections. We will keep our always low prices and have a much larger selection of suits. There will be many grand opening specials as well!!

The other part of the building hasn't been leased out yet, but we are still in negotiations with tenants.

GQofOklahoma
03-25-2009, 07:28 PM
We will be opening for business at our new location on Friday!! We have a full stock of Suits, Dress Shirts, Ties, Shoes, and Hats in every color imaginable! Both locations are currently open. Feel free to stop by and ask for me, Junior! OKCTalk Members will recieve a discount! :).