View Full Version : Anybody ever heard of a project called "The Heights?"

warreng88
01-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I was looking through the blogs on the Journal Record and I came across this:

More downtown housing

April 30th, 2008 · No Comments
It looks like the number of downtown Oklahoma City housing projects is about to increase. While perusing Loopnet today, I ran across a very interesting listing for a new downtown housing project called The Heights.

Located at 607 NW 7th St., the 21-unit project will be located adjacent to St. Anthony Hospital and will consist of for-sale condos. Unit sizes will range from 900 to 1,700 square feet. The listing on Loopnet’s website also features such details as renderings and floor plans.

What is interesting about this listing is that it is a solicitation for investors. According to the listing, the developers are seeking a minimum of $100,000 up to $1.5 million dollars from potential investors. Typically, Loopnet is a vehicle for commercial brokers to list their “for sale” or “for rent” properties. This appears to a rare occasion where the developers are utilizing the site to raise investment capital.

This location for this project is ideal. With St. Anthony hospital reinvesting millions into developing a new campus, there is a tremendous need for upscale housing to support not only the hospital, but the other improvements being made in the area. If this project proves successful, this area could be ripe for future upscale living projects.

More downtown housing (http://blogs.journalrecord.com/persquarefoot/2008/04/30/more-downtown-housing/#more-14)

metro
01-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Yep:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/12684-more-new-housing-planned-downtown.html

And the project is pretty much dead and the land is for sale.

Steve
01-28-2009, 11:01 AM
My understanding is the developer ran into some health issues.

trison
01-28-2009, 11:19 AM
The project was to be at the north west corner of 7th and Dewey. This project ran into a lot of opposition and appears to have been shelved for the time being. I think there are alot of housing opportunities on 7th west of Walker.