View Full Version : Great heat/air guy

MadMonk
01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Yesterday, just as the ice was beginning to accumulate, our heater decided to quit working. I fiddled with it as much as my limited experience with these things allowed and decided that it was beyond my abilities of replacing the igniter or flame sensor so it was time to call in a pro.

I spent nearly an hour on the phone with various contractors, checking prices for visits and diagnostics and decided to go with a guy my mother-in-law recommended - Doug Larimer with Air Design.

By the time we got in touch with Doug, it was getting late so we decided to camp out in our living room with the fireplace and wait until the morning rather than pay the higher rates of an emergency call. The kids enjoyed it, but my poor back didn't. :)

Doug came out first thing this morning and replaced a faulty gas valve and got our heat back on in no time for a very reasonable price - just under $250 total. You couldn't ask for a nicer guy to deal with. I highly recommend him.

Air Design - Doug Larimer
405-373-1655

I would also like to put the word out about Edco. This guy wanted $130 just for a visit and additional $85 or so for diagnostics - over $200 without even fixing anything (nearly everyone else was quoting between $70-80 for a visit). He said it was because of the weather, but when I asked him if I waited until the roads cleared would it be cheaper. No surprise, he said no. Don't call EDCO unless you want to pay too much.