View Full Version : Nets - 1-27-09

bombermwc
01-27-2009, 07:36 AM
So here's something to debate a little bit. Do you consider the game last night to be an example of just not playing all 4 quarters, or the more unexperienced players just not "getting it" yet.

So we are up what 30 points towards the 4th quarter....30! Over the 4th quarter, we give the unexperienced folks a chance at play time and they subsequently drop the lead to 10 before we have to bring in folks like Durant again to save the day in the last 2 minutes.

But my problem is with the unexperinced guys. Not only did they flat out suck, but they royally showed they aren't ready. How many buckets do we have to miss with these guys? They get all flashy thinking they are some top tier player, then they miss. They completely lack the fundamentals of the game and can't even sink free throws. They won't get any better without some play time, but COME ON....you lose a 30 point lead and you have to ask, "what the crap?"

warreng88
01-27-2009, 10:00 AM
I think we need to weed in a couple of unexperienced players with more experienced players when we get toward the end of the game and feel comfortable in our lead. Throw in Atkins and Sene with Durant, Green and Mason. Keep them rotating with our better players that will in turn make them better.

Midtowner
01-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Isn't this why the good Lord invented the D-League?

Easy180
01-27-2009, 07:26 PM
It just showed how pathetically thin our roster is...To have to bring Durant back in that game was absolutely ridiculous

wsucougz
01-27-2009, 09:26 PM
It just showed how pathetically thin our roster is...To have to bring Durant back in that game was absolutely ridiculous

Bingo. Not too deep.

The decision to hoist up three after three was also mind boggling.

bombermwc
01-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Right, it's one thing to dunk or go for 3's if you're good and you make them....but when you suck and you can't even make a regular lay-up, not only do I ask "why are you in the NBA", but "why are you being stupid"? It's like a football team running up the middle every play for a whole quarter!