View Full Version : Last Night basketball game

NativeOkie
01-26-2009, 11:57 PM
I have not watched or attended a Bedlam game in many years.
A few things I noticed:

I was surprised by how the osu players crossed the line in fair play on a couple of occasions.

The student section was loud as it should be, however the gun symbol with the fingers is known to be from Texas Tech.

Nice crowd for an Icy night.

Overall It was great to see Oklahoma's University in action.

OKCisOK4me
01-27-2009, 12:25 AM
I have not watched or attended a Bedlam game in many years.
A few things I noticed:

I was surprised by how the osu players crossed the line in fair play on a couple of occasions.

The student section was loud as it should be, however the gun symbol with the fingers is known to be from Texas Tech.

Nice crowd for an Icy night.

Overall It was great to see Oklahoma's University in action.

KNOWN...being the key word? OSU has been doing the gun symbol since before I was a student there 12 years ago. Since my sister was a student there over 17 years ago. Apparently we just don't get enough credit for our 'pistols firing' as Dave Hunziker always says on the air.

Yeah, I guess it was a good win for the dirt burglars being they had 23 turnovers.

so1rfan
01-27-2009, 07:30 AM
I have to give kudos to Travis Ford for putting Kirkland on the bench after he smacked Griffin on the head. Most coaches have a win at all costs mentality and he chose to send Kirkland a message that kind of behavior would not be tolerated.

The message evidently was immediately forgotton by Kirkland as soon as he got back on the floor.

Luke
01-27-2009, 07:47 AM
I think it's kind of appropriate the osu fans make "L" hand shapes.

;)

CuatrodeMayo
01-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Here we go...

Luke
01-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Here we go...

Oh, it's all fun and games.

Until you get threatening Private Messages from the opposition. Then it's just fun. Pokes are so easy to mess with.

;)

danielf1935
01-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Your so right about OSU being easy to pick on, but with OU winning almost everytime they play, it's not as much fun.

Luke
01-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Your so right about OSU being easy to pick on, but with OU winning almost everytime they play, it's not as much fun.

Oh, that makes it even MORE fun!

:D

OKCisOK4me
01-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I think it's kind of appropriate the osu fans make "L" hand shapes.

;)

Just as you do when you spell your name?

Oh, it's all fun and games.

Until you get threatening Private Messages from the opposition. Then it's just fun. Pokes are so easy to mess with.

;)

Lol....yeah, I know what you mean. Cause Pokes can come on your board all the time and get away with that kind of stuff. A goon comes to a poke board and says something and we let it slide. But a POKE goes to your boards and says the same premature shiiiat & we get locked out of your sites. So WHO can't take the jokes? Talk about lame flames...

Luke
01-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Lol....yeah, I know what you mean. Cause Pokes can come on your board all the time and get away with that kind of stuff.

I don't have a board.

OKCisOK4me
01-27-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't have a board.

U know what I'm getting at dawg. By the way, I never got a reply from you. I guess that's cause you realized you made a mistake or that you're just too perfect (as all uo fans are) for it. If I'm unanswerable then I'm cool with that.

Luke
01-27-2009, 10:59 AM
By the way, I never got a reply from you.

I typically don't make hand shapes when I spell my name. I just say the letters.

Unless the person is Deaf, then I will spell it. In which case I don't hold the letter "L" above my head and shake it. I hold it about chest level and sign it.

NativeOkie
01-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Okay,
I want to know if this is true.
A buddy of mine in Okc told me on the phone there are shirts out there being sold that say "Beaches" wear red.
Then there is a shirt that says fat chicks wear orange. with were number two, on the back in ref. to the state having the 2nd highest Obesity rate
Is it true?

OKCisOK4me
01-27-2009, 11:59 AM
I typically don't make hand shapes when I spell my name. I just say the letters.

Unless the person is Deaf, then I will spell it. In which case I don't hold the letter "L" above my head and shake it. I hold it about chest level and sign it.

Oooooo...gangsta

OKCisOK4me
01-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Okay,
I want to know if this is true.
A buddy of mine in Okc told me on the phone there are shirts out there being sold that say "Beaches" wear red.
Then there is a shirt that says fat chicks wear orange. with were number two, on the back in ref. to the state having the 2nd highest Obesity rate
Is it true?

OKC is the 2nd fattest city in the US according to Men's Health Magazine. Granted there are all kinds of polls out there but we're always rated pretty high in any of them. We aren't known for our walking trails or our plethora of sidewalks, lol.

Luke
01-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Oooooo...gangsta

If you only knew.

NativeOkie
01-27-2009, 04:47 PM
The question is the fat ranking of the state I buy that,
Are there really shirts slamming the girls of The University and the girls of osu?
Has anyone seen one?

OKCisOK4me
01-27-2009, 09:22 PM
The question is the fat ranking of the state I buy that,
Are there really shirts slamming the girls of The University and the girls of osu?
Has anyone seen one?

Negative Ghostrider

Thunder
01-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Oooooo...gangsta

Luke is right. As he is an interpreter and with professionalism, there is a square box at chest level that most signs are done within. It is not gangsta, unless he make it such. It all depends on the expression and motion.

There are classes at OSU-OKC (I think thats the location) you can venture into a culture adventure.

danielf1935
01-28-2009, 06:18 AM
It's worth the drive from Norman to Stillwater, no matter how bad the roads are, to watch the Sooner's beat the Cowboy's------Again

CuatrodeMayo
01-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Typical.