View Full Version : contact fitting fee ?

Jesseda
01-26-2009, 11:15 AM
okay i was shocked when i went for my yearly eye exam, i have worn contact for about 8 years. i have insurance but it does not cover the contact fitting fee. The place i go to charges me $50.00 for a contact fitting fee, even though my eyes havent changed since last vist and its the same contacts just re-ordered. I was told I am paying double to much, is this true, does anybody else out there know how much a contact fitting fee cost, I fell like i have been ripped off.

okyeah
01-26-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't get charged a contact fitting fee. I used to, but that was before I switched optometrists. but yeah, $50 is pretty high....I think the guy I used to go to charged $35

PennyQuilts
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Did they have to schedule an appointment to check your eyes? If you haven't worn contacts in eight years, they couldn't just assume you wore the same shape and size, even if you vision hasn't changed. Contacts are all different and they have come out with a lot of new brands and types in the past few years. They probably have to refit to adjust for different brands.

I am not sure about the $50.00 fee, though. Haven't priced that.

kevinpate
01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Sounds a wee bit like the time I saw ADM 2,000 on a car sticker, and after not getting a clear answer, decided it stood for additional dealer markup or similar greed.