View Full Version : Whole Foods

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

metro
03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
The coolest thing I've seen (this was in Spain) was underground parking beneath the grocery store with extra wide escalators for shopping carts. In OKC I would be happy if the main entrance was on the street for those walking/biking to the store and those parking on the street, and then a secondary entrance at the back to either a surface lot or better a garage that is shared w/ other businesses and shielded from view.

These are all over the U.S. too, just not too common around this part of the country. Seen them on both coasts and as the above poster pointed out, Austin has them as well.

Chicken In The Rough
03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Multi-story grocery stores that I've been to have extra wide escalators specially designed to accomodate shopping carts. The carts having locking wheel that prevent them from rolling down the escalator.

Also, I would estimate more than half the grocery shoppers arrive on foot or via public transit. They bring their own cart with them to get their groceries home.

OKC is not Manhattan, but folks will adapt.

southernskye
03-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Do they have to shop several times a week?
Some do. My daughter and her family live in Austin, they do not own a car. It's a choice they have made. When she needs to make a large grocery run she calls a cab when she is finished. For the in between trips she just takes her stuff home on the bus. You would be amazed at what you can get in a backpack and 2 reusable grocery bags.

To market to market By CARLA SAULTER (http://www.realchangenews.org/2006/2006_11_22/buschick.html)
The most common question I am asked about my car-free life (besides, of course, “Why?!”) is, “How do you shop for groceries?” This errand, time-consuming and inconvenient with a car, is perceived to be next to impossible without one. My goal this week is to show you that it is quite possible — and not even especially difficult.
If you read the first installment of this series, you know that proximity to useful services is key to a successful bus-based life. My house is two blocks from a mediocre chain grocery store, which I patronize to fulfill immediate needs such as missing recipe ingredients and severe cases of the munchies. For less pressing needs, I have other methods.

Method 1: Scheduled deliveries
I prefer locally grown, organic produce, but I don’t live close enough to a food co-op to make frequent trips feasible. Enter Pioneer Organics, an organic produce delivery service that brings fresh, seasonal, earth-friendly produce right to my door. Pioneer groups deliveries by location — neighborhoods are assigned a particular day of the week — to ensure that fuel and time are used efficiently. I receive my delivery every other Wednesday, and it provides enough produce to last the full two weeks. Of course, a bus chick can’t survive on produce alone.

Method 2: Effective planning
Like most people, I keep a running list of food items I need. Unlike most people, I don’t drive a car to the grocery store to buy them. Instead, I take advantage of opportunities that arise in the course of my regular travels. For example, if I’m waiting at a bus stop that’s near a bakery, I use the time to buy bread — or an enormous slice of chocolate cake. If I happen to be passing through Pike Place Market on a day I’m low on cheese, I’ll stop at Beechers (http://www.beechershandmadecheese.com/) to replenish the supply.

Method 3: Appropriate equipment
Every couple of months, I make the trek to my favorite co-op to stock up on bulk foods. Getting there on the bus isn’t too much trouble: two short rides or one short ride plus a short walk. Getting back, loaded down with umpteen pounds of fragile, cumbersome groceries, is a bit more of a challenge. For these occasions, I bring very sturdy reusable bags and my super-heavy-duty backpack. Many bus chicks also swear by the rolling wire grocery baskets. These handy contraptions (often unfairly associated with old ladies) allow you to buy freely, without regard to your personal carrying capacity.

If you’re not into lugging or pulling, you can ride the bus to the store and then call a cab to take you (and your load) home. Or, you can use Flexcar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexcar). That way, you won’t miss out on the time-honored tradition of trying to find parking in a crowded grocery-store parking lot.
Seattle Bus Chick (http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/buschick/archives/101813.asp)

tuck
03-12-2009, 06:17 AM
people need to realize that in downtown areas, especially ones that are growing like ours, walking is, gasp, NORMAL. we probably wouldn't be one of the fattest cities if more people started walking a bit more.

That design is awesome btw.

Agree...One of the main components of everything Urban/Downtown is walking. OKC residents aren't even close to getting it. I hear all the time that the walk from Red PrimeSteak to the Ford Center is too far. Are you kidding me, I walk it 2-3 times a month...takes me 15 minutes max.

I am also not sure that the majority of OKC understand Whole Foods; it product selection, price point, etc...I'm all for Whole Foods or any other grocery store downtown or even close.

soonerguru
03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Julie,

People in New York often buy in small quantities, even daily. However, when I lived there all the markets like D'agostino's would offer delivery to your apartment. You can have literally anything delivered in NYC.

OKCMallen
03-18-2009, 08:25 AM
TULSA — One of the most deadly spiders in the world has been found in the produce section of a Tulsa grocery store.

An employee of Whole Foods Market found the Brazilian Wandering Spider Sunday in bananas from Honduras and managed to catch it in a container.
The spider was given to University of Tulsa Animal Facilities director Terry Childs who says this type of spider kills more people than any other.
Childs says a bite will kill a person in about 25 minutes and while there is an antidote he doesn't know of any in the Tulsa area.
Spiders often are found in imported produce, and a manager at Whole Foods says the store regularly checks its goods and that's how the spider was found.

BG918
03-18-2009, 02:51 PM
TULSA — One of the most deadly spiders in the world has been found in the produce section of a Tulsa grocery store.

An employee of Whole Foods Market found the Brazilian Wandering Spider Sunday in bananas from Honduras and managed to catch it in a container.
The spider was given to University of Tulsa Animal Facilities director Terry Childs who says this type of spider kills more people than any other.
Childs says a bite will kill a person in about 25 minutes and while there is an antidote he doesn't know of any in the Tulsa area.
Spiders often are found in imported produce, and a manager at Whole Foods says the store regularly checks its goods and that's how the spider was found.

Maybe it's good OKC doesn't have one! :LolLolLol

foodiefan
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Maybe it's good OKC doesn't have one! :LolLolLol

I'll take my chances!!

jstanthrnme
04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I don't know any details...but,
I just got a text message from a friend who works at Chesapeake, and appearantly they will be building a Whole Foods on their campus.

metro
04-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Sounds like someone is pulling a late April Fools joke....

tuck
04-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Interesting...I would say the info is about 70% accurate today.

foodiefan
04-29-2009, 11:18 AM
awwww, com'on, Metro. . .ya just gotta rain on the parade??!!

foodiefan
04-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Thank you tuck!!!!

metro
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Yes, thank you tuck! If you're thinking it's 70% then I'll take that chance as I stand behind your word.

jbrown84
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Maybe 70% accurate because they are building one somewhere near Western & 63rd, but not on their campus per se? That would make more sense.

jstanthrnme
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
I was thinking Classen Curve.

The text I recieved said "CHK is bldng a whole foods grocry stor here on campus"

phinzup
04-29-2009, 05:19 PM
It saddens me a little each time the Whole Foods topic pops up. I wish everyone would spend as much time supporting and promoting the already-existing businesses in OKC providing the same or similar goods and services. Bravo to those that mentioned Crescent, Native Roots, etc. It seems that most OKC folks are eager to bring in the latest national chain to the detriment of the locals who are already struggling to keep their doors open.

C'mon everyone. We've got to start thinking/shopping/acting more locally. Forget the chains. They only detract from our urban fabric.

There is nothing in Oklahoma that would compare to a Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Trader Joe's etc. I've been in the grocery business in this state for more than 40 years. Oklahoma's selection of stores sucks. Ever been to a Central Market? Show me a store here with a REAL deli...ha...

But Oklahoma with all its progression the past few years is still primarily a "meat and potatoes" state. Don't get me wrong......I love living here, but we are way behind in a lot of areas, and grocery stores and what they have to offer us are sorely lacking IMHO.....

Floyd
04-29-2009, 06:02 PM
There is nothing in Oklahoma that would compare to a Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Trader Joe's etc.

Tulsa Home | WholeFoodsMarket.com (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/tulsa/)

phinzup
04-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Tulsa Home | WholeFoodsMarket.com (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/tulsa/)

Hey Floyd, my bad. I meant to say "Oklahoma City", I have been to the one in Tulsa several times.

Floyd
04-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah I didn't know if you knew it was there. It's an old Wild Oats they acquired in the merger--the only reason Tulsa has one right now and OKC doesn't. Will be nice when they build new stores in the state.

Luke
04-30-2009, 02:48 PM

Well, at Whole Foods OKC, our deadly spiders better be bigger than Tulsa's.

;)

kevinpate
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
and deadlier, and our telly heads will be brighter, have greater presence, and be a danged sight more enjoyable to invite into our living rooms.

Or something like that.

Decious
05-01-2009, 09:16 AM
I was thinking Classen Curve.

The text I recieved said "CHK is bldng a whole foods grocry stor here on campus"

So did you manage to drag any additional info out of your friend? We must acquire all of the knowledge that he/she has attained!

No waterboarding though.

atlanta159
05-10-2009, 06:40 PM
We go to Dallas at least once a month specifically to buy from Whole Foods and Central Market. OKC can sure be behind the times sometimes. I wish we could get a higher end market with more variety than what's currently available.

mecarr
05-10-2009, 09:41 PM
We go to Dallas at least once a month specifically to buy from Whole Foods and Central Market. OKC can sure be behind the times sometimes. I wish we could get a higher end market with more variety than what's currently available.

Why not just go to Tulsa and shop at the one there?

okcpulse
05-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Here we go again blaming OKC for being behind the times. When are you people going to realize that not all of this is OKC's fault. Right now on Whole Foods' message boards there are four active threads begging Whole Foods for an OKC location.

And yet, Whole Foods continues to ignore our plea. So go ahead, blame OKC for the f**king sky caving in. I am tired of watching you people badmouth Oklahoma City for a piss-ant American stereotype while the people of OKC wants the world for their city. Get a reality check.

oneforone
05-11-2009, 12:24 AM
I think it would be better for the people on these boards to lobby Homeland, Crest, Buy For Less or Reasor's to build a Whole Foods type store. Why should our hard earned money go to an out of state company?

progressiveboy
05-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Here we go again blaming OKC for being behind the times. When are you people going to realize that not all of this is OKC's fault. Right now on Whole Foods' message boards there are four active threads begging Whole Foods for an OKC location.

And yet, Whole Foods continues to ignore our plea. So go ahead, blame OKC for the f**king sky caving in. I am tired of watching you people badmouth Oklahoma City for a piss-ant American stereotype while the people of OKC wants the world for their city. Get a reality check. I think the frustration lies in the fact that OKC was on a decline for many years and was a stagnant, uninspiring city that did not have a good reputation not only regionally but nationally.The city has made alot of improvements and has started to care about their surroundings and are doing more to make the city more appealing and not so backwards. You can't blame some people for wanting progress for their city which includes great shopping, restaurants, and yes, even decent grocery stores. As to why WF doesn't locate a store in OKC could lie that perhaps the demographics just are not there? Would OKC support a WF or Central Market? Is the disposable income high enough for them to shop there? That remains to be seen.

kevinpate
05-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Seems to me if the demand is there, it would be possible for Wally World or WallYWorld GrubMarts to have at least a section that is WFish.

I suspect it's sorta of like Wally doesn't stock dobros and dulcimers. Sure there's an interest within the market, but not enough to viably chase after it.

metro
05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
progressiveboy, again, as the poster stated, OKC WANTS a WHOLE FOODS, Nordstrom, and upscale retail and grocery. The retailers have refused to come so far. We've done what we can to lobby for things we don't have. And YES, no question OKC could support a whole foods or a Central Market. As Central Market stated before, they have NO INTENTION of locating outside of Texas. Tulsa has no problem supporting a Whole Foods and their demographics are smaller than OKC. We could probably support several of them.

kevinpate, Walmart does have an upscale urban concept, Marketside Marketside (http://www.marketside.com/)

fuzzytoad
05-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Tulsa has no problem supporting a Whole Foods and their demographics are smaller than OKC. We could probably support several of them.

Hmm, I heard the Tulsa store isn't doing so hot, especially after the spider incident.

From what I understand, there was "raw food event" with Philip Hiserodt a couple weeks ago as a last-ditch effort to boost local support. Only 50 people showed up.

It seems like everytime we get something "upscale" here that a handful of people beg for, it always shuts down within a year.

soonerguru
05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Who cares if it's a Whole Foods? Trader Joe's or any of the others would do fine. Frankly, the Whole Foods in Tulsa is not as cool as the Wild Oats was, IMO.

Does anyone think the reason Whole Foods hasn't announced an OKC location yet has to do with the fact that their stock has been absolutely hammered and that their store's sales are down?

okcpulse
05-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Who cares if it's a Whole Foods? Trader Joe's or any of the others would do fine. Frankly, the Whole Foods in Tulsa is not as cool as the Wild Oats was, IMO.

Does anyone think the reason Whole Foods hasn't announced an OKC location yet has to do with the fact that their stock has been absolutely hammered and that their store's sales are down?

But they are still opening stores... in markets that are already saturated with locations.

Matt
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM

I thought it had to do with our backwards-ass liquor laws.

soonerguru
05-11-2009, 12:21 PM

I've been told they have stores in suburban NYC that do not allow wine sales.

amylynn5656
05-11-2009, 12:57 PM
It shouldn't have anything to do with liquor laws. In Colorado, a state that probably has more Whole Foods stores than I have fingers and toes, you can't purchase liquor or wine in them. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, it doesn't have to do with the liquor laws - its likely a combination of reasons, a few that pop into mind...limited local farmer support and demand for locally grown items (our Farmer's Market doesn't seem to attract a lot of vendors or visitors - which is a shame), a state-wide socio-economic status that doesn't comply with the price point of most Whole Foods items, a location that would actually work (Classen Curve is a nice idea...I think that one would actually work), and the fact that Whole Foods has become a victim of the recession (like many of us) and simply doesn't want to invest in a potentially risky market.

okcpulse
05-11-2009, 01:37 PM

I'm starting to think Oklahoma's laws are becoming a dumping ground of sorts.

soonerguru
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Well, we will get a new monument to the Ten Commandments.....

tburn
05-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Well, we will get a new monument to the Ten Commandments.....

ugh.

do any of the supporters of an OKC Whole Foods do their shopping at Akins?

They have a nice selection of organic and healthy stuff -- smallish produce and far too many supplements for my liking - but I like their dairy and dry foods and health & beauty options.

I can't find my fav Brown Cow yogurts anywhere but Akins!
and Sulfate-free hair products for you gals that use color!

amylynn5656
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Akins is great, but its no Whole Foods. No fresh meats or seafood. No prepared food, salad bar, flowers, etc.

I shop at Akin's regularly, and its great for someone whose focus is to eat organic foods, but what I appreciate about Whole Foods is the selection - something that Akin's is decidedly lacking. Also, I'm not sure where Akin's gets their produce, but I know Whole Foods places importance on eating not only organically, but locally and seasonally as well.

metro
05-14-2009, 08:13 AM
ugh.

do any of the supporters of an OKC Whole Foods do their shopping at Akins?

They have a nice selection of organic and healthy stuff -- smallish produce and far too many supplements for my liking - but I like their dairy and dry foods and health & beauty options.

I can't find my fav Brown Cow yogurts anywhere but Akins!
and Sulfate-free hair products for you gals that use color!

Yes, we do for some things. SuperTarget also carries most of the same organic products, and at much cheaper prices. I'd really prefer to support Akin's, but the selection is random and as you stated, wayyyyy too many supplements and not enough grocery/produce selection.

Dekoung
05-21-2009, 05:54 PM
FWIW, I was in the Tulsa Whole Foods today and two different employees told me that the regional director was there this morning and told them that Whole Foods is seriously looking for "the perfect location" but due to economy nothing would be built for about two more years. I did not think to ask if WF would go ahead and buy property if the "perfect location" were found. I assume so or they would not be looking now.

BTW, the Tulsa WF is doing very well contrary to the OP's comments. I was there about 9am since I had a meeting later and the place was already bustling with customers. One of the employees told me that the regional director said the Tulsa store was a top performer given its demographics etc.

A caveat is that I heard the same things a year or so ago and think it even may be posted on this thread somewhere but I'm too lazy to look.

Vines_&_Cattle
05-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Anyone try out the Oklahoma Food Cooperative (www.oklahomafood.coop)?

alan
05-25-2009, 12:34 PM
FWIW, I was in the Tulsa Whole Foods today and two different employees told me that the regional director was there this morning and told them that Whole Foods is seriously looking for "the perfect location" but due to economy nothing would be built for about two more years. I did not think to ask if WF would go ahead and buy property if the "perfect location" were found. I assume so or they would not be looking now.

i wish they'd buy the property at NW 150th & Western.

metro
08-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I heard from a reputable inside source that "promising news" is coming soon. I don't know what that means, but it's from a very reputable source, so hope that helps.

BDP
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Are they "promising" not to come here...

... just kidding ; )

krisb
08-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah, Steve Lackmeyer posted a conspicuous blurb at his blog over the weekend (which "self-destructed" the next day). It seemed to hint that Whole Foods may be coming to The Classen Curve...not sure about it, but it gives me hope!

stlokc
08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
I have been giving this some thought in light of Steve's recent column, why doesn't OKC have these high-end groceries, and I've started to wonder if it has to do with the geography of our city, and how the money is spread out. We all know there is plenty of money here, but the high-income neighborhoods are separated from one another to such a degree that there isn't a large enough number of high-end neighborhoods concentrated together. Where is the $? Heritage hills, Nichols Hills, Quail Creek/Val Verde/Gallardia, North Edmond, Deer Creek, far SW OKC, Norman. I think in other cities there are many more high-income areas crammed together so that the demographics look better on paper (number of high earners in a given 10 mile radius). How would OKC's demographics look to out of state chains if the Westmoore school district was superimposed on the Broadway Extension, if The Village and Britton were replaced with the west Norman neighborhoods, if Oak Tree, Faircloud were along 122nd and Memorial instead of 20 mind north? I think of KC, Dallas, even Tulsa and their money seems more clustered and maybe all those rooftops look more attractive? I don't want to come across as a snob, it's just a thought.

adaniel
08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I have been giving this some thought in light of Steve's recent column, why doesn't OKC have these high-end groceries, and I've started to wonder if it has to do with the geography of our city, and how the money is spread out. We all know there is plenty of money here, but the high-income neighborhoods are separated from one another to such a degree that there isn't a large enough number of high-end neighborhoods concentrated together. Where is the $? Heritage hills, Nichols Hills, Quail Creek/Val Verde/Gallardia, North Edmond, Deer Creek, far SW OKC, Norman. I think in other cities there are many more high-income areas crammed together so that the demographics look better on paper (number of high earners in a given 10 mile radius). How would OKC's demographics look to out of state chains if the Westmoore school district was superimposed on the Broadway Extension, if The Village and Britton were replaced with the west Norman neighborhoods, if Oak Tree, Faircloud were along 122nd and Memorial instead of 20 mind north? I think of KC, Dallas, even Tulsa and their money seems more clustered and maybe all those rooftops look more attractive? I don't want to come across as a snob, it's just a thought.

I don't think your being a snob at all. Its a very accurate oberservation. I stated in an earlier thread how demographics are often broken down by zip code, and in OKC even the zip codes with the wealthiest neighborhoods often have large pockets of poverty. Everything here is so scattered, even when compared to similar sized cities like Tulsa. I noticed this on my drive to work. On 122nd and MacAthur you have strings of very nice upscale neighborhoods as you go east, like Val Verde and Quail Creek, and then you get past May and BAM, you're surrounded by crumbling low income apartments, with no "transition zone" between the two. I think it has harmed OKC immensly when it comes to luring retailers.

Luke
08-25-2009, 04:24 AM
How does Whole Foods prices compare with The Health Food Center (on 240) or Akin's prices?

okcpulse
08-25-2009, 07:07 AM
I don't think your being a snob at all. Its a very accurate oberservation. I stated in an earlier thread how demographics are often broken down by zip code, and in OKC even the zip codes with the wealthiest neighborhoods often have large pockets of poverty. Everything here is so scattered, even when compared to similar sized cities like Tulsa. I noticed this on my drive to work. On 122nd and MacAthur you have strings of very nice upscale neighborhoods as you go east, like Val Verde and Quail Creek, and then you get past May and BAM, you're surrounded by crumbling low income apartments, with no "transition zone" between the two. I think it has harmed OKC immensly when it comes to luring retailers.

I have to agree with you and stlokc. Even in Houston, all of the high income areas are crammed into a quadrant just west of downtown including the galleria, and in the sprawl zone just northwest of Houston, otherwise known as Bammel and Klein. The rest of Houston is ghetto.

But, I do want to point out an observation I've noticed over the last nine years in OKC, and it becomes more obvious now that I am an outsider looking in... a lot of these low-income sections that are scattered between high-income pockets are beginning to disappear. Take Nichols Hills for instance. Just west of Nichold Hills when you get back into OKC, people with money have been buying two lots with old small homes, knocking them down and then they build a large home on a consolidated lot. And in the Quail Springs region, the new developments are conjoining Val Verde, The Greens, Quail Creek and Gaillardia with Edmond. Soon, it will be one big giant high income area that will bode well for our retail market.

foodiefan
08-25-2009, 08:41 AM
How does Whole Foods prices compare with The Health Food Center (on 240) or Akin's prices?
I think it's more an issue of product and product variety. . .not so much price.

foodiefan
08-25-2009, 08:49 AM
'nother thought. . .put a WF/CM between a high income and on-the edge area. . .and see how/if the on-the-edge revitalizes. . .I'm bettin' on it!!

progressiveboy
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
'nother thought. . .put a WF/CM between a high income and on-the edge area. . .and see how/if the on-the-edge revitalizes. . .I'm bettin' on it!! Agree! When they built a WF on Lemmon Avenue in Dallas, it is surrounded by affluent Highland Park and the Oak Lawn area which parts of it are somewhat seedy, however, since that WF has been built, (Nice Store) it seems they have bulldozed swaths of old run down areas of Oak Lawn and have built upscale apartments condos, stores etc...

mugofbeer
08-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, one of my biggest financial regrets was not buying a condo in that area in the early 90's when I had my chance for < $50K. I could have sold it for tear-down for close to $500K.

Platemaker
08-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Sure Whole Foods is nice... but is it really bringing about peace and prosperity?

Who can really afford to shop at the Wal-Mart of organic foods anyway?

I just don't trust any company that is aggressively creating a monopoly... puts on a face of "saving the world" yet is devoted to profit... and that pays way lower wages than they can afford.

I think I'll shop at Eley's and plant a garden.

fuzzytoad
08-25-2009, 09:57 AM

1000% agree

I'm sick of hearing people whine about how there's no "organic" food for them to buy or that shopping for food at walmart is evil and beneath them..

plant a damn garden, buy a goat, some chickens and get over yourself

Luke
08-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Profit is required for businesses to... stay in business. Profit is not a bad thing.

mugofbeer
08-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Sure Whole Foods is nice... but is it really bringing about peace and prosperity?

Who can really afford to shop at the Wal-Mart of organic foods anyway?

I just don't trust any company that is aggressively creating a monopoly... puts on a face of "saving the world" yet is devoted to profit... and that pays way lower wages than they can afford.

To each his own. I think the main point is that OKC has no really nice groceries that offer something different. Some people prefer a nice, clean, uncrowded store that isn't full of screaming 4 year olds.

And for those of you that don't understand this, try finding really good seafood for sale at Eley's.

Platemaker
08-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Profit is required for businesses to... stay in business. Profit is not a bad thing.

We all know that you have this view, Luke.

You're right... but when a business makes it's business about "saving the earth", "doing the right thing", "champions of health, the environment, and sustainability" consumers expect this is priority of a company instead of simply making money on high-priced items in a low-wage environment.

I'ts a mega chain concept behind a socially-responsible face... swallowing competitors.