View Full Version : Gene Robinson's Prayer

southernskye
01-19-2009, 10:06 PM
kWWAnitUCw4

Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson delivered the invocation at Barack Obama's inauguration concert on Sunday.

Text of the prayer here (http://www.nhepiscopal.org/artman/publish/article_750.shtml).

For some odd reason video isn't showing up. you can find it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWWAnitUCw4&feature=channel_page)

Martin
01-20-2009, 06:10 AM
just put the movie id for youtube links, not the whole url... got it fixed for you.

i heard that there was some flack about hbo editing this part out of their presentation of the concert... strange that they would choose to do so.

-M

southernskye
01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Thank you. I've posted videos on here before with no problem, that one just didn't want to work.
There's already a huge fuss about them not including the prayer in their show.

plaidpixel
01-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for posting the video, I was wondering what he had said in his prayer, but I had forgotten to look it up myself...

I have to say, that as a gay Christian, I was very glad that Obama asked Gene Robinson to say a prayer. I would have honestly preferred the inauguration to be free of religious context, but since it wasn't, having both ends of the spectrum involved (Robinson and the very conservative Warren) seems like a good way to handle it.

I'm sure we can agree that this is nowhere near as good as the CLOSING benediction! Ha ha!

southernskye
01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I would have honestly preferred the inauguration to be free of religious context, but since it wasn't, having both ends of the spectrum involved (Robinson and the very conservative Warren) seems like a good way to handle it.

I'm sure we can agree that this is nowhere near as good as the CLOSING benediction! Ha ha!

I would have too. Warren was long winded. The benediction was great. Overall a good balance between the 3.

The Old Downtown Guy
02-13-2009, 11:02 AM
I think good choices were made all around by President Obama. Hopefully this moral diversity approach will work its way into his administration, will continue, and over time have a beneficial effect on governing.

Michael

Pray For World Peace . . . pass it on