View Full Version : The New I-40 (Construction Updates)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

OKCisOK4me
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Are there other people out there like me who like to drive down (or up, or over) every few months and check out the construction of the new Crosstown? Or am I alone on this one?

I looked through the current 11 pages of this forum and could not find a single thread pertaining to the ongoing construction of this project.

So if interested, please respond. I went on Saturday to check it out & I was going to go on Sunday and take some pics to hopefully post for those who do care, but I didn't. Anyway, if any of you have taken the time to notice the bridge and bridge piers being constructed over Agnew Avenue, my question to you is, the main bridge...is that all of it? Only because they say that this is going to be a 10 lane project and that sure doesn't look like 10 lanes. There is the little eastbound bridge on the south end of that project that will connect into the future boulevard but I was wondering if they are going to build another bridge (hence, they are currently adding on to the north end of the bridge over May Avenue to either make additional running lanes for the I-44 northbound exit or they are scooting the current I-40 over to be able to make room for tying in the new Crosstown in with the current Crosstown).

If anything, my thinking is that it is going to end up being 8 lanes over Agnew and the additional lanes for the rest of the new Crosstown will be entrance and exit lanes to and from just east of Agnew.

Also, has anyone else noticed how high the Pennsylvania bridge is and how far it's going to have to come down to meet up with Reno Avenue?! It's going to be a 45 degree incline to have to make up for the short distance between the two. Poor planning?! The only reason I can come up with for why they built that so high is because the rail line will have to pass underneath Penn on its own grade separate from the new highway. So it will be interesting to see if Penn will have direct access with Reno.

That is all for now.

sgray
01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I too am guilty of taking detours to see whats up over there. I have not gone up close though, so if you get pics, I'd be glad to see them.

If what you're saying is true about the steep incline, that would suck in the winter time. Isn't there a law that restricts how steep the interstate can be at any one point?

CCOKC
01-19-2009, 04:44 PM
I only have noticed the progress as I drive on the existing I-40 but have not taken much time to see the progress from other angles. Somebody here posted the link to the web-site that has the aerial pictures of the progress. Pretty interesting to see it from the sky. I also went to Little Flower a few months back to see how close the new I-40 will come to this historic church. This was back when the rail people wanted the project to move to accomodate the existing rail lines.
The view from Pennsylvania looking south is pretty interesting as well. Your right about how tall the bridge is there.

betts
01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
I've driven by fairly regularly in the past, but not at all in the last few months. I have noticed, coming back from the airport, that a lot of progress has been made, but haven't made the time to check it out up close.

sgray
01-19-2009, 05:58 PM
You got me interested. I drove around there again tonight. Didn't they say that the new crosstown wasn't due to open until 2012? Cause it sure looks to me like they are moving very quickly. I can't imagine at the speed they are going that it will take that long.

OKCnBA
01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Would love to see some pics. Having been transplanted to the Tulsa area 3 years ago I don't get to follow OKC construction projects the way I used to. Thanks in advance!

OKCisOK4me
01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Somebody here posted the link to the web-site that has the aerial pictures of the progress. Pretty interesting to see it from the sky.

I would like to see that link. I've never seen these aerial pictures at all. I once emailed the peeps at okdot to see if they'd put up a live cam anywhere for round the clock photo updates of the construction and they said they had plans to but that was well over a year ago. They're such losers, lol.

mburlison
01-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Somewhere there is a good link to the ODOT overlays over the current route etc... showing the current and future highways and boulevard plans.

Bobby821
01-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Anyone know when they are going to open the Shields bridge again??? Been close to or a little over a yr now that it has been closed.

OKCnBA
01-19-2009, 08:47 PM
...Somebody here posted the link to the web-site that has the aerial pictures of the progress.

Anyone know the link?

LordGerald
01-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Are there other people out there like me who like to drive down (or up, or over) every few months and check out the construction of the new Crosstown? Or am I alone on this one?

I looked through the current 11 pages of this forum and could not find a single thread pertaining to the ongoing construction of this project.

So if interested, please respond. I went on Saturday to check it out & I was going to go on Sunday and take some pics to hopefully post for those who do care, but I didn't. Anyway, if any of you have taken the time to notice the bridge and bridge piers being constructed over Agnew Avenue, my question to you is, the main bridge...is that all of it? Only because they say that this is going to be a 10 lane project and that sure doesn't look like 10 lanes. There is the little eastbound bridge on the south end of that project that will connect into the future boulevard but I was wondering if they are going to build another bridge (hence, they are currently adding on to the north end of the bridge over May Avenue to either make additional running lanes for the I-44 northbound exit or they are scooting the current I-40 over to be able to make room for tying in the new Crosstown in with the current Crosstown).

If anything, my thinking is that it is going to end up being 8 lanes over Agnew and the additional lanes for the rest of the new Crosstown will be entrance and exit lanes to and from just east of Agnew.

Also, has anyone else noticed how high the Pennsylvania bridge is and how far it's going to have to come down to meet up with Reno Avenue?! It's going to be a 45 degree incline to have to make up for the short distance between the two. Poor planning?! The only reason I can come up with for why they built that so high is because the rail line will have to pass underneath Penn on its own grade separate from the new highway. So it will be interesting to see if Penn will have direct access with Reno.

That is all for now.

Here's a link: 40 Forward: Oklahoma's I-40 Crosstown Expressway (http://www.40forward.com/)

metro
01-20-2009, 07:36 AM
OKCisOK4me, I think you're the only one that checks out the progress of the new I-40.

SouthsideSooner
01-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the link, LordGerald. I wasn't aware of that site. There are a lot of excellent pics that show the progress of this project. The broad views also show that on a grand scale, they are still just getting started.

It would be nice if some of the public works stimulous dollars coming out of Washington would go to accelerate the time line of this project. This project is about as "shovel ready" as it gets.

jbrown84
01-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Only because they say that this is going to be a 10 lane project and that sure doesn't look like 10 lanes.

I've been thinking the same thing.

Cause it sure looks to me like they are moving very quickly. I can't imagine at the speed they are going that it will take that long.

Been thinking this as well.

I've only really been paying attention to what can be seen from the current I-40, but have been meaning to drive down and get a better look.

The other thing that has been puzzling me is how the new bridge near Bass Pro fits into this. My best guess it it's the bridge for Lincoln/Byers to cross over the new 40, but it's at an odd angle for that.

Martin
01-20-2009, 09:34 AM
^
my thinking is that it's supposed to be part of a cloverleaf that goes from the boulevard that will be created out of the existing i-40 that feeds into the eastbound side of the new i-40.

-M

warreng88
01-20-2009, 09:57 AM
^
my thinking is that it's supposed to be part of a cloverleaf that goes from the boulevard that will be created out of the existing i-40 that feeds into the eastbound side of the new i-40.

-M

Exactly. Here is a link to the renderings and you can tell that the part you speak of is going to go over the new I-40 from the boulevard and go eastbound.

http://okc.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=okc&cdn=citiestowns&tm=7&gps=297_369_1020_599&f=00&su=p554.12.336.ip_&tt=11&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsmedia/i40-okc/maps/Corridor-Aerial050630b.pdf

jbrown84
01-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Why such a wide bridge for an on-ramp?

Insider
01-20-2009, 10:38 AM
You got me interested. I drove around there again tonight. Didn't they say that the new crosstown wasn't due to open until 2012? Cause it sure looks to me like they are moving very quickly. I can't imagine at the speed they are going that it will take that long.

The entire project is supposed to be completed in 2012. They are supposed to open the new highway and begin work on the new boulevard in mid 2010 (I think).

Also, Shields is supposed to be open by midyear.

Martin
01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
why such a wide bridge for an on-ramp?

dunno... maybe some lanes will go to eastbound i-40 and others will empty onto byers?

also, shields is supposed to be open by midyear.

they need to get more north/south streets opened pronto... right now, i believe penn, exchange, western and shields are all closed.

-M

jbrown84
01-20-2009, 11:16 AM
dunno... maybe some lanes will go to eastbound i-40 and others will empty onto byers?

-M

Upon looking closely at the linked map, it looks like maybe that's the case, but it's not clear.

warreng88
01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
The entire project is supposed to be completed in 2012. They are supposed to open the new highway and begin work on the new boulevard in mid 2010 (I think).

When speaking about the idea of a new Central Park in the State of the City address:

"Keep in mind, the interstate should be relocated in 2012. The resulting boulevard that will be built along the current interstate alignment should be in place by 2014."

OKCisOK4me
01-20-2009, 12:28 PM
OKCisOK4me, I think you're the only one that checks out the progress of the new I-40.

Well, considering this is the most popular thread I've ever created, I'd have to disagree with ya ;-) And if you are right, that's okay with me!

LordGerald, thanks for that link. Guess I don't have to go take pics now--although they do need to update those videos. Notice in the railroad bridge video that Shields is still open. That's gotta be from two summers ago.

Also downtown OKC looks aesthetically pleasing to my eye in a grainy video that is choppy from a helicopter in the air!

OKCisOK4me
01-20-2009, 12:48 PM
I just sent them an email. Here it is:

To whom it may concern,

Just wondering if these videos will ever be updated. Shields Boulevard is still open in the second video and there are many other things I noticed in the other two videos but I'm sure you guys know that they are old. I know it costs money to do this and maybe you don't have it in place but it sure would be nice to get an update.

Also, how about a live cam? I emailed someone about this a few years back and they replied 'oh yeah, we're gonna do that. Just pay attention to the local media because we'll be announcing that here pretty quick...blah, blah, blah'. As you may guess, this has not happened yet--three years later. So anyway, just wondering if someone in your department can give a definitive answer on this one.

The project seems to be moving along pretty swiftly. Any chance that it is to be done before 2012? I want to drive on it before the end of the Mayan Longcount Calendar. ;-)

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Sincerely,
This Guy Here

Thunder
01-20-2009, 01:02 PM
I was wondering about that new bridge being built just to the SE of Bass Pro Shop. I thought to myself, that can't be the new I-40. Wasn't it suppose to be going the other way? Now I see it was mentioned here that it will be the new Blvd in place of the old I-40. I also noticed that the new I-40 won't be that long, because I saw the other end on the way to Yukon a few months back. I just hope that the new I-40 is further away enough from the river to give enough space for developments.

How do they plan to connect I-35, I-235, and I-44 to the new I-40?

Have they dropped the Robinson off-ramp project? It's closed and I figured it was because of the new I-40 project. It would be a waste of money to continue that project, only to have it demolished in a short time.

warreng88
01-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Np

warreng88
01-20-2009, 01:19 PM
How do they plan to connect I-35, I-235, and I-44 to the new I-40?

Have they dropped the Robinson off-ramp project? It's closed and I figured it was because of the new I-40 project. It would be a waste of money to continue that project, only to have it demolished in a short time.

Take a look at the link below:

About.com: http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsmedia/i40-okc/maps/Corridor-Aerial050630b.pdf (http://okc.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=okc&cdn=citiestowns&tm=7&gps=297_369_1020_599&f=00&su=p554.12.336.ip_&tt=11&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsmedia/i40-okc/maps/Corridor-Aerial050630b.pdf)

You can see all the connections yourself.

In regards to your second question, I believe the Robinson ramp is still on schedule. They are not scheduled to complete I-40 until 2012 so some sort of access to downtown is a high priority I would believe.

Thunder
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the map. I thought the new I-40 would cross the river at two points and be further south. That helps to see the map!

Gosh, that map makes the whole location look ugly and the river being brown. lol Is this a computer rendering or a real sky view picture?

zrfdude
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Is the Robinson ramp about to reopen? When I was down last night I noticed it looks pretty finished, and most of the detour signs on the interstate had been removed. I did check the Traffax report and it still says early spring for a completion date.

bombermwc
01-21-2009, 08:36 AM
2 months ahead of schedule. When does that ever happen? I guess the good weather has really helped them out.

OKCisOK4me
01-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Gosh, that map makes the whole location look ugly and the river being brown. lol Is this a computer rendering or a real sky view picture?

It's a satellite overlay from online services such as flashearth, terraserver, or google earth. They all use the same image--which was taken sometime during fall of 2007, I believe.

Thunder
01-21-2009, 04:02 PM
I see. Interesting view from that distance.

OKCisOK4me
01-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I just sent them an email. Here it is:

To whom it may concern,

Just wondering if these videos will ever be updated. Shields Boulevard is still open in the second video and there are many other things I noticed in the other two videos but I'm sure you guys know that they are old. I know it costs money to do this and maybe you don't have it in place but it sure would be nice to get an update.

Also, how about a live cam? I emailed someone about this a few years back and they replied 'oh yeah, we're gonna do that. Just pay attention to the local media because we'll be announcing that here pretty quick...blah, blah, blah'. As you may guess, this has not happened yet--three years later. So anyway, just wondering if someone in your department can give a definitive answer on this one.

The project seems to be moving along pretty swiftly. Any chance that it is to be done before 2012? I want to drive on it before the end of the Mayan Longcount Calendar. ;-)

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Sincerely,
This Guy Here

Quoting myself so that I can show you guys the reply I got:

Mr. (This Guy Here),
I agree that the videos are old - we have not collected new ones recently, but hope to soon. I believe I was likely the one that told you that we would have the live cam feed - we even worked this out with a camera mount approved on one of the buildings downtown that would give a view of the entire corridor. However, due to budget concerns, the idea was killed. We still have the agreement in place and I would like to do it, but with the current financial constraints, it is difficult to justify. We have not been updating the information on the website recently as we were informed that it did not meet with the ADA requirements. Once that effort is complete and we have updated everything, I would like to announce the website and have people utilize for traffic and closure information.

There is significant progress being made on numerous projects (nine let to bid - seven underway and two already complete, another nine to let before switching traffic). We are currently working on the schedule and hope to be able to beat the expiration of the Mayan calendar - - since I have worked on the Crosstown for nearly 9 years of my career, I did believe that the world centered on this project, but not to the extent that the world ended upon the completion of it.

If you have any other comments or ways/suggestions on how to improve the website, please let me know.

Thanks,
John B.

I love the fact that John B. had enough heart to be just as humorous about the Mayan Calendar!

Nermel
01-22-2009, 07:33 PM
It would be nice if ODOT made these maps available in a kml file for Google Earth users.

jbrown84
01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
The website doesn't meet ADA requirements?? What?

OKCisOK4me
01-23-2009, 08:08 PM
The website doesn't meet ADA requirements?? What?

Uh, yeah, I asked him about that and this is the reply I got:

"As for the ADA issue, yes, it is the Americans with Disabilities Act that we need to ensure we comply with. I never thought that it would have any bearing, but there are actually significant issues regarding readability/zoom capabilities and even potentially the need for audio transcripts on some pieces."

Interesting, right?

DelCamino
01-23-2009, 08:55 PM
I love the fact that John B. had enough heart to be just as humorous about the Mayan Calendar!

I've had the pleasure to be in several meetings with John B. He's a good, good guy. Easy going, a good, hard worker.

OKCisOK4me
01-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Got another email from John B. It's a PDF file and if I could figure out how to make the attachment a link on here I would. But anyway, the PDF is basically the same map you can download from ODOT's website and the one that's been linked previously, except this one has yellow highlights of the current projects.

It shows that the current bigger bridge going over Agnew is the eastbound lanes only. They haven't even started construction of the westbound bridge because it will go right where the on and off current eastbound ramps are right now.

LordGerald
01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Where's Tom and Marion? Been kind of quiet of late.

OKCisOK4me
01-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Where's Tom and Marion? Been kind of quiet of late.

They're waiting until they actually tear ground up around Union Station then they'll have a brief 'Save US' post before they both head down there to pitch a tent in front of a bulldozer.

Spartan
01-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Uh, yeah, I asked him about that and this is the reply I got:

"As for the ADA issue, yes, it is the Americans with Disabilities Act that we need to ensure we comply with. I never thought that it would have any bearing, but there are actually significant issues regarding readability/zoom capabilities and even potentially the need for audio transcripts on some pieces."

Interesting, right?

That's bull$#@#. I hope my site isn't in ADA compliance.

That could be why there is ZERO anything available on Maps for Kids on the web. Which I think is a joke if they're getting like $500 million of our tax dollars.

southernskye
01-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Is Your Site ADA-Compliant ...or a Lawsuit-in-Waiting? (http://www.icdri.org/CynthiaW/is_%20yoursite_ada_compliant.htm)

jbrown84
01-29-2009, 03:03 PM
It shows that the current bigger bridge going over Agnew is the eastbound lanes only. They haven't even started construction of the westbound bridge because it will go right where the on and off current eastbound ramps are right now.

Oh that makes sense. But what about the Penn underpass, which also looks too narrow for 10 lanes or whatever it is supposed to be?

OKCisOK4me
01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh that makes sense. But what about the Penn underpass, which also looks too narrow for 10 lanes or whatever it is supposed to be?

I know what ya mean. I thought the Penn underpass looked way too narrow too, but then I was looking at the pictures on that 40forward.com & if you take a look at the size of a pickup truck sitting off to the side of the project and imagine it traveling underneath the bridge, it looks like there's plenty of room.

warreng88
02-08-2009, 01:18 PM
So I accidentally drove across the new I-40 yesterday. I was driving south down Lincoln toward the boathouse then I noticed the change of road from asphalt to concrete. Thought all my fellow stalkers of OKC projects would like to know.

LordGerald
02-08-2009, 02:14 PM
So I accidentally drove across the new I-40 yesterday. I was driving south down Lincoln toward the boathouse then I noticed the change of road from asphalt to concrete. Thought all my fellow stalkers of OKC projects would like to know.

I saw that, too. The new I-40 is being built using a method that minimizes the impact of construction on the average motorist and makes it safer for both the motorists and the workers. The beauty lies in that it's basically a new highway, not a re-construction of an existing one.

There will come a time when all traffic either going west or east (can't remember) will be diverted to the new I-40, and traffic flow will be relatively seamless when the gateway is opened up and the barriers are removed.

What it means, mostly, is that as soon as ODOT settles the STB case regarding Union Station, that cement will be poured in rapid fashion. This thing will be done before you know it.

SagtheArcher
06-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I saw on the Union Station thread that the STB ruled for the BNSF and ODOT. We all hope to see more construction moving forward!

metro
09-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Paving way for a new route in Oklahoma City | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/paving-way-for-a-new-route-in-oklahoma-city/article/3400065?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Paving way for a new route in Oklahoma City
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Published: September 11, 2009
Construction started this week on a grading project outside the old Union Station rail yard in downtown Oklahoma City, an Oklahoma Department of Transportation spokeswoman said...........

http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/683649/gallery_photo

betts
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
From the DOK:

The state Transportation Commission on Monday approved grading for the most expensive road project in state history — replacing a dilapidated section of Interstate 40 through downtown Oklahoma City. The elevated section of interstate is in such bad shape that holes frequently open in the road deck, sending chunks of concrete tumbling to the ground below. It is "fracture critical," meaning a failure of any number of elements would bring down the entire structure. State engineers say it is inspected frequently and is safe.

Commissioners approved a $22.5 million contract for the final phase of grading on the new $640 million Crosstown Expressway, a federally funded project. This phase is to be complete in about a year. Officials expect to begin paving near the end of 2010. The new highway will run 4 1 / 2miles along the Oklahoma River and is expected to be open to traffic in 2012. The existing road will be demolished, making way for a broad downtown boulevard city planners hope will revitalize the area. Built in 1965, the expressway carries 120,000 vehicles a day, almost 50,000 more than the planned capacity of 72,000. I-40 is a main east-west link through the United States.

Also Monday, Department of Transportation Director Gary Ridley discussed work his agency is doing to implement a 5 percent budget cut required by declining state revenues. The department reduced its summer temporary hire program from 110 workers to about 65 employees and then eliminated the work force in early August, Ridley said. "We tried to read the tea leaves early on," Ridley said.The agency also has delayed the purchase of new light vehicles such as pickup trucks, vans and cars.

"Normally we try to get 175,000 miles on those vehicles before we trade them in," Ridley said. "Now they're just going to have to run a little further." The agency also eliminated nearly all out-of-state travel, most overtime and left about 50 vacant positions unfilled, Ridley said.

"There may be some construction projects that we postpone if things get any worse," he said. The commission also approved an agreement with the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority that will allow Ridley to serve as director of both state agencies, replacing Phil Tomlinson, who retired as executive director of the OTA. The move is expected to save on salary costs for both agencies. Former Transportation Secretary Neil McCaleb held both positions under then-Gov. Frank Keating.

Read more: NewsOK (http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-transportation-commission-approves-final-grading-of-oklahoma-city-crosstown-expressway/article/3414087?custom_click=headlines_widget#ixzz0VkTZ6nX h)

bombermwc
11-03-2009, 07:27 AM
As long as the project gets done and doesnt crap out at the last minute. I'm glad to see they are trying to be proactive with the budget cuts. Serving in both positions is a nice way to cut some salary without cutting a person's job, but it does seem a little bit of a conflict. Hopefully the checks and balances keep that honest.

betts
12-21-2009, 04:28 PM
I went and looked at the area behind Union Station today. They've excavated at least 4 to 6 feet below grade in that immediate area and have taken out a bunch of the platforms and old rail. There is still one rail line present. I didn't have a camera, and don't usually, but they were hard at work. It was interesting to watch.

jbrown84
12-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Have they demolished the magnificent underpasses on Robinson and Walker yet?

Watson410
12-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Nope... I don't think anyways, I haven't been over there in a couple weeks. I'm kind of sad to see those go..

CCOKC
12-23-2009, 08:01 AM
I did exactly what Betts did last Saturday. I could still see some of the old platforms but the lines (save one) are definitely gone. The underpasses were still there.

OKCisOK4me
02-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I went to Union Station today and snapped some photos with my cell phone. Please pardon the 1.3 mp shots.

Looking Westbound. Notice the rather large pit where the highway will be sub level. The bridges are still there. I drove down both streets today.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/OkStateBBall78/SU1HMDAyMjkuanBn.jpg

What is left of the platforms behind Union Station.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/OkStateBBall78/SU1HMDAyMzAuanBn.jpg

Looking Eastbound. So foggy and dreary...
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/OkStateBBall78/SU1HMDAyMzEuanBn.jpg

Kerry
02-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, this should put an end to the Elmore campaign.

Thunder
02-05-2010, 02:47 AM
We're gonna have the highway next to a train track?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-05-2010, 03:06 AM

Yup.

And every Tuesday night there will be races. Heartland Express vs. Oklahoma City Corvette Club and other sundry automobiling organizations.

Kerry
02-05-2010, 06:05 AM

The highway will be depressed but the train track won't. So you won't know if you win unless you have a convertible.

OKCisOK4me
02-05-2010, 09:50 AM
The highway will be depressed but the train track won't. So you won't know if you win unless you have a convertible.

This is where the conundrum comes into play. Now, of course, when Union Station was the big dog daddy crossing all those tracks was basically impossible which is why they eventually placed those underpasses beneath the yard.

Now with the new Crosstown there the paths of Walker and Robinson will go over I-40 but will have an at grade crossing with Union Pacific's rail line (and possible future commuter line) which I hope will not cause congestion. But it probably will nonetheless.

jonno
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM

There will be several areas where I-40 and the RR are at the same grade/elevation but they won't be able to see each other due to retaining walls and ramps. In these areas the cross streets (Penn) will go over both. All retaining walls will have a surface treatment so they won't be plain (ugly) concrete.

In other areas, yes you'll be able to see trains from your car and vice versa. They will be on the North side of the highway. Is it I-44 in Tulsa where the train tracks are in the median?