View Full Version : Need a good dentist

BellaMommy
01-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Can anybody recommend a dentist in Norman? Major things I'm looking for are:
gentle
friendly staff
reasonable (doesn't try to talk you into a bunch of unnecesary procedures!)
very thorough (don't want to have just a "partial" root canal fixed again :(
My last dentist before I moved to Norman was a female, but I would go to anybody that was good.
Thanks!

rjstone208
01-18-2009, 09:41 AM
I've been going to Dr. Larry Lavelett on the east side of Norman for about ten years now. Very friendly staff and very gentle. I'm very allergic to pain. Not pushy about additional procedures. Gently reminds me during my semi-annual cleanings that I should have my temporary filling replaced with a crown. Even gives you music to listen to during procedures. Last one to replace an old crown which broke after about 15 years (probably shoulda listened to him) I fell asleep.

Ray

redcup
01-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Dr. Belz near Between N. May and Drexel. I have been going to him for over 25 years. Reasonable, not pushy and good with pain management. Until I started going to him, I hated dentists.

nik4411
01-19-2009, 10:06 PM
I forget the name of the place, but I once went to a family dentist type place last year right off Lindsey sort of around advantage audio and bethel, it was a nice place, the nurses that attended to me were cute and the dentist was extremely sexy, she was also very gentle. I enjoyed my time there.

micahalcorn
01-20-2009, 08:34 AM
I recommend Zachary Moffitt on Berry just south of Main. He is a great young family man and a friend.

BellaMommy
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions, I really appreciate it!

venture
01-22-2009, 02:20 AM
I can vouch for Dr. Lavelett, definitely a great group there.

Centerback
01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I forget the name of the place, but I once went to a family dentist type place last year right off Lindsey sort of around advantage audio and bethel, it was a nice place, the nurses that attended to me were cute and the dentist was extremely sexy, she was also very gentle. I enjoyed my time there.

I can't imagine that I would enjoy my visit to the dentist if he had NURSES on site. A sure sign of impending doom!

nik4411
01-28-2009, 11:17 AM
HAHA. Yea, I guess i meant the assistants.

mattjank
01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Can't beat Dr. Blum on 24th SW, just south of Boyd. Great staff, and doesn't push unnecessary procedures.