View Full Version : Cajun restaurant

Bostonfan
01-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Anyone know anything about this? Moving in at the old LJS building on Air Depot.

Drake
01-19-2009, 12:53 AM
I believe its Royce's Kitchen. They were previously located in the Bowling Green Center before moving to 15th & Sooner.

I would descibe it more as southern cooking rather than cajun. But they did have some cajun meals on their menu. They might be going more towards a cajun theme with the new place.

Good food.

bombermwc
01-19-2009, 08:29 AM
For lack of a better term, was that the family "Soul Food" place in the am/pm shopping center???

I didn't get to eat there, but my wide said they had some goooood food.

Redskin 70
01-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes, they were at the am/pm and yes the food was just way to good. Sorry they didnt have better parking opportunity,:chef:

CuatrodeMayo
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I didn't get to eat there, but my wide said they had some goooood food.

Freudian slip?

lol.

Lauri101
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Freudian slip?

lol.

Or just a statement of how gooood the food was? :Smiley259

Anyone notice if they are open yet?

gmwise
01-19-2009, 06:47 PM
I went to Crawdaddyz on Classen, I wasn't impressed.
Anyone else had a better experience?

Bostonfan
01-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I believe its Royce's Kitchen. They were previously located in the Bowling Green Center before moving to 15th & Sooner.

I would descibe it more as southern cooking rather than cajun. But they did have some cajun meals on their menu. They might be going more towards a cajun theme with the new place.

Good food.

I wondered if it was Royce's kitchen. Went there one time (15 and sooner). Food was ok, people were friendly, but overall was not impressed. Very small amount of food for too much money...

EBAH
05-15-2009, 07:15 AM
I've eaten at this location at the old LJS and it was very tastey! Prices weren't bad, but quality depends heavily on what you order...

Thunder
05-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Horrible landscaping, no work done on the building, and empty parking lots. I don't think people will realize that this business is open until the owners do an extreme makeover on that place. It looks like a ghost town (building)...plain dead-looking.

spaceannie54
05-19-2009, 10:48 PM
What aboutthat one on Reno and Sooner?
Anyone know the name of that place?
It's just down South of the Chelinos.
I ate there a few times and I thought it was great!
Really good catfish!!

Becka
02-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I just went to the Southern Cajun Kitchen in the old LJS building on Air Depot. The food was great! Atmosphere is OK, it's got an old country diner vibe, nothing fancy but it's clean. The owner and staff are super friendly and treat you like your an old family friend. I had the crawfish etoufee served over rice with cajun sweet potatoes and mac-n-cheese for my sides. It was all phenominal. I even loved the sweet potatoes and I don't usually like them, but I was up for trying something different and I'm glad I did. Everything was homemade.

My mom got the jambalaya with a side salad. The jambalaya was a lot different than what I'm used to, but still very good. It was very tomatoey (my word) and didn't seem to have much meat in it. The flavor was good nonetheless.

The dessert is out of this world!! We got the buttered rum pound cake to share and there just aren't any words to describe how good it was. It is going to take a lot of self-control on my part not to go up there on a daily basis to get it.

I will definitely be going back.

disinfected
03-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I just went to the Southern Cajun Kitchen in the old LJS building on Air Depot. The food was great! Atmosphere is OK, it's got an old country diner vibe, nothing fancy but it's clean. The owner and staff are super friendly and treat you like your an old family friend. I had the crawfish etoufee served over rice with cajun sweet potatoes and mac-n-cheese for my sides. It was all phenominal. I even loved the sweet potatoes and I don't usually like them, but I was up for trying something different and I'm glad I did. Everything was homemade.

My mom got the jambalaya with a side salad. The jambalaya was a lot different than what I'm used to, but still very good. It was very tomatoey (my word) and didn't seem to have much meat in it. The flavor was good nonetheless.

The dessert is out of this world!! We got the buttered rum pound cake to share and there just aren't any words to describe how good it was. It is going to take a lot of self-control on my part not to go up there on a daily basis to get it.

I will definitely be going back.

It still has a Long John Silver's feel as far as in the inside goes. Food is good though. I might be back! Only thing that made me a little uneasy was some guy peddling hot sauce out of a bag in the parking lot.

ck76
05-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Yall, want some good fried chicken, check out the golden chick on RINO.

bombermwc
05-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Careful at the Chick though, they don't tell you when you order that you can get strips as part of a mix. They'll let you get home and discover it and then when you complain, they give you attitude (lady manager) and assume that because you look young, you must be 16, not 26. Then she'll tell you how she has to "make a profit and strips are more expensive". Basically, she was so rude, I decided to never go back.

cindycat
05-13-2010, 11:25 PM
We were in MWC two weeks ago and wanted to go to this Cajun restaurant. There a sign saying something like "Relocating". Anybody know what's up with this place?