View Full Version : Walking with Dinosaurs at Ford Center.....

LandryTeam
01-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Tickets are $60 EACH....It's really sad that I can't afford to take my son to this deal. He REALLY would have liked it too....but $120 for 2 people to go? Wow....that's just too high for normal people to pay. My daughter and wife would have liked to go but my God...I would have taken out a bank loan just to get them in the door!

Just wanted to vent a bit!

Eddie Landry

TaoMaas
01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I hear ya, Eddie. It cracks me up that I was able to afford to go to more shows when I was a poor college student, living on an allowance, than I can now that I've been out in the workforce for a number of decades. Good thing I got all those concerts out of my system while I was younger, huh?

mecarr
01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Wow, so for two parents and 3 kids to go it would be $300? Ridiculous.

MadMonk
01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I thought about going to this, but then I looked over some of the videos of this on Youtube and it really didn't strike me as being worth the high price.

Jesseda
01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
count me out, I would rather buy a full season frontier city pass for 60.00.. I can not believe it cost $60.00 to go to this for kids!!! what next, are they going to start charging for sitting in santas lap? or do some places already do that?

Richard at Remax
01-14-2009, 01:46 PM
here are the prices.

Walking with Dinosaurs - the Arena Spectacular tickets Ford Center Oklahoma City, OK, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site. (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C00414EB498E477?artistid=1265328&majorcatid=10003&minorcatid=55)

not all are 60. there are $20 ones too so I don't know where this $60 or nothing came from.

LandryTeam
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Ya know...the $60 thing came from me....when I looked I guess I had choosen "best seats available" option. Sorry about that, good to see there are $20 seats.

Karried
01-14-2009, 02:04 PM
I was going to say... we have 4 tix for Sunday and I paid approx $25 for them.

Karried
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
www.dinosaurlive.com (http://www.dinosaurlive.com/)

“The BBC Series was a brilliant blend of special effects, escapism, excitement and information. Our show brings together all of that, plus something extra - it’s live! In this production, fifteen roaring,snarling “live” dinosaurs mesmerize the audience – and are as awe-inspiring as when they first walked on earth.” Pavlovic continued, “The dinosaurs are life-size, making the show so immense, it could only fit in arenas. It’s a $20 million arena spectacle of unprecedented size and quality, which captivates young and old alike. With Walking with Dinosaurs, we really believe we have created a new genre in entertainment and we hope to continue to bring new product to arenas for years to come ”

WALKING WITH DINOSAURS – The Arena Spectacular has sold out performances and broken records in arenas all over the America – generating $100 million in ticket sales to date. It has been seen on "The Today Show," Good Morning America," "Live with Regis and Kelly," and has been written about in Newsweek, The New York Times, the Christian Science Monitor and the Wall Street Journal. It was the subject of a Discovery Channel Really Big Things episode and a video clue category on Jeopardy.

Thunder
01-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I've seen about it on commercials and it looks like fun. Lately, pure concidence, I've been watching Jurassic Park several times. Now people on here saying this event is for kids and $60, guess this isn't for me. lol

Have a blast, Karrie!