View Full Version : Energy Efficiency Tax Credits for 2009

southernskye
01-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Purchase of hybrid car or SUV: $250 to $3,150, depending on vehicle weight and fuel economy.
*Central air conditioner or heat pump: $300, only some Energy Star products qualify.
*Funace or boiler: $150, only some Energy Star products qualify.
*Windows: up to $200, all Energy Star windows qualify.
*Insulation and sealing: up to $500, must meet model building code as installed.
Ground source heat pump: up to $2,000, only Energy Star models qualify.
*There is a limit of $500 in tax credits for home improvements

In some areas of the country, consumers also will be eligible for utility or state rebates or state tax incentives for the same homes, vehicles, and equipment. See the DSIRE database of state incentives (http://www.dsireusa.org/) for more information on state and utility incentives.

The Tax Incentives Assistance Project (TIAP) (http://www.energytaxincentives.org/)

Insider
01-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Unfortunately, our great state of Oklahoma is WAY behind the curve on this one and offers no additional tax credits for individuals.

If you live in Edmond, you can get a credit from Edmond Electric for heat pumps...

hipsterdoofus
01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Unfortunately, our great state of Oklahoma is WAY behind the curve on this one and offers no additional tax credits for individuals.

If you live in Edmond, you can get a credit from Edmond Electric for heat pumps...

True, I think they have to be like a 15 seer though, which is kind of high.

08hybridok
01-31-2009, 10:57 PM
It also only applies if you upgrade, not build a new home with these features all ready built in.

soonerguru
02-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Does this mean the new A/C and heat pump I bought in 08 can be deducted off my 08 taxes? Or does this apply to 09 tax year?

Thunder1
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
GC'd my own house back in 06, these look to be about the same as then. I could not get 1 of them as they were only for business owners (builders) and they were very restrictive in what products qualified. I did'nt add any of the features to qualify for tax credits nor for the "green" movement I did it it to keep more "green" in my pocket.