View Full Version : 3 Team Deal On Hold

the_Mont
01-12-2009, 02:34 PM
From the DOK (http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-earl-watson-3-team-trade-on-hold/article/3337272?custom_click=headlines_widget):

With Charlotte rookie point guard D.J. Augustin having aggravated an abdominal injury that could sideline him up to two weeks, a potential three-team trade between Charlotte, Dallas and Oklahoma City has been tabeled.

Veteran point guard Earl Watson, the Thunder player mentioned in the potential three-team deal, remains with the Thunder, which plays tonight at New Jersey.

In a deal that was being discussed, Oklahoma City was going to receive a future second-round draft pick and veteran guard Jerry Stackhouse from Dallas, which needed to clear cap space to make the deal.

In the trade proposal, Charlotte would deal point guard Raymond Felton and center Nazr Mohammed to Dallas. Charlotte would receive center DeSagana Diop from Dallas and Watson from the Thunder.

According to sources, Dallas and Charlotte have been discussing a potential trade for weeks. Oklahoma City joined the discussions earlier this month to help the Mavericks, who are dealing with salary cap issues.

Stackhouse, 34, owns a career 18.6 point average but hasn’t averaged more than 13.0 points the past three seasons. He’s appeared in only eight games this season for Dallas, averaging 5.3 points. Stackhouse’s salary is $7 million this season, $7.25 million in 2009-10.

Augustin is viewed as the Bobcats’ point guard of the future, making Felton expendable. If the Mavericks acquired Felton, the North Carolina product would backup up Jason Kidd, whose contract expires after the season.

Also, any of you guys on OKC Thunder Fans give me the scoop, as of last week I can't access that site from work! I'm goin' nuts here!

jbrown84
01-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Not an expert here. What does the loss of Watson mean to us?

wsucougz
01-13-2009, 09:50 AM
I guess it means Kyle Weaver and Chucky Atkins are the backup point guards for now and OKC doesn't have to pay $6.2 million a year for Watson. We have 5 first round picks over the next 2 years so I imagine we might take another PG with one of those, or trade for an affordable backup.

jbrown84
01-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Okay so Watson is expensive. I didn't know that.