View Full Version : Daycare Question

diesel
01-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Does anyone have a good daycare on the NW side around May and Memorial My gf has a 14 month old daughter and she needs to find a new daycare.. Of course saving money is part of the plan too hahaha... :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

ImTheDude
01-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Does anyone have a good daycare on the NW side around May and Memorial My gf has a 14 month old daughter and she needs to find a new daycare.. Of course saving money is part of the plan too hahaha... :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
I have some friends that use New Horizons on Western and Memorial and they are happy with it. I think they have another location around 150th and May.

TaoMaas
01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
You might try searching via the DHS database. Oklahoma Department of Human Services - Oklahoma Child Care Locator (http://204.87.68.21/childcarefind/) You can search by ratings, time of day, home or center, etc..., then just look for possibilities in your zip code. This is how we found someone to keep our daughter. We'd had her in some daycare centers, but she kept bringing home every bug that was going around, so we switched her to an individual's home who was only keeping a few kids. The price was about the same as the center, but the environment was a lot better.

redcup
01-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Special Care at NW 122/Western is a good one to check out. A little out of the area, but worth a check.

CG23
01-13-2009, 06:39 AM
I have two kids at New Horizons/The Depot on Western near Memorial as well. I have been happy with their care a the center.

Lord Helmet
01-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I have some friends that use New Horizons on Western and Memorial and they are happy with it. I think they have another location around 150th and May.

We've been sending our daughter to that location for over 4 years. Its not perfect, but as daycare centers go, I've never been happier.

danielf1935
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
It's a little out of your way, but the child care at Church of the Savior on NW 63rd, just west of MaCarthur is wonderful. My son went there for 4 years, awesome place with structured activities. The thing that really impressed me was that fact that with the exception of a couple of employees, the same ones were there all 4 years.

Karried
01-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Saw this on Craig's List:

Edmond In Home Childcare (Edmond/NW OKC)

Reply to: comm-989572093@craigslist.org (comm-989572093@craigslist.org?subject=Edmond%20In%20Hom e%20Childcare%20(Edmond/NW%20OKC)) [? (http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts)]
Date: 2009-01-12, 7:56AM CST

Hello,
I have 2 openings in my home daycare for ages 11 mths and older.I studied Early Childhood at UCO and I have taught preschool before. I do arts and crafts, free play, outside time, and a preschool cirrculum. My husband is a Edmond high school teacher and coach. My daycare kids are part of our family. I currently have 5 children enrolled but one is only 2 days a week. I am also DHS licensed, with a food program and have insurance on the daycare.If this sounds like a place you want your child please contact me. References are avaiable upon request and I have been in business for 3 years but have over 11 years of experience in the childcare field.
Thank You

*of course, as always, ask for references and do your research

NikonNurse
01-15-2009, 07:31 PM
La petite at 122 and macarthur...son was there for 4 years...