View Full Version : Powerful Testimony -anti LC'ers watch

metro
01-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I know there are several anti LC'ers out there. But I couldn't help but sharing this video with you.

I Love My Church - Invasions on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/2753956)

TaoMaas
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Nice video (those guys do great work), but folks like the guy who is the subject of this piece worry me. He's obviously looking for SOMETHING in his life and I'm glad he's found a better channel for that, but I sometimes wonder if dramatic conversions like this aren't merely disguising bigger issues. When someone goes from gung-ho satanic worship to gung-ho Christianity, I tend to think that they've just traded one obsession for another, but they haven't truly been "healed", ya know?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Nice video (those guys do great work), but folks like the guy who is the subject of this piece worry me. He's obviously looking for SOMETHING in his life and I'm glad he's found a better channel for that, but I sometimes wonder if dramatic conversions like this aren't merely disguising bigger issues. When someone goes from gung-ho satanic worship to gung-ho Christianity, I tend to think that they've just traded one obsession for another, but they haven't truly been "healed", ya know?

X2

That dude was half a bubble off plumb.

angel27
01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Even if so, sounds like he's in much better hands..

oneforone
01-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Trading one for the other kind of defeats the purpose. Religion should not be a crutch or a cure all.

It should be the foundation in which you live your life. Religion is supposed to teach you to be respectful and more tolerant of the world around you.

Unfortunately, too many people apply religion as if they have been deputized by a higher power to enforce religious beliefs.

jbrown84
01-10-2009, 03:51 PM
What's an "anti LC'er"?

Midtowner
01-10-2009, 05:25 PM
What's an "anti LC'er"?

Group identities are stronger when they can create an 'us against the world' feeling. It sounds like this guy was emotionally in a very dark place. It sounds like his being able to identify with LifeChurch has helped him pull himself out of it, possibly out of depression, etc.

That said, I don't find the story to be very believable at all. The interactions between the characters were highly unlikely (e.g., the minister didn't straight away turn this man into the police when he announced his former intention to kill the pastor). I also think that Satanism is a convenient bogeyman for many religious folks. The Satanism described in the video is quite unlike an Satanist group I've ever heard of. They do tend to be a bit odd, but sacrifices and cutting and such? That sounds a bit like a medieval witch story.

GWB
01-10-2009, 06:12 PM
What's an "anti LC'er"?

There's a few people here who don't like Life Church for one reason or another and are quite vocal about it.

jbrown84
01-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah I know. I'm sure he considers me one of them. One of the things I don't like is the insistence on using terms like "LC'er".

I'm not anti-Life Church. I just have some issues with their approach.