View Full Version : Steve and Barry's at Crossroads

Patrick
01-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I have yet to go to this new store at Crossroads. For those that may not get down to Crossroads much, it's a newer anchor store, filling the old Wards space at the mall. Anyone have an update on it?

HOT ROD
01-08-2005, 12:36 PM
That should be a boon for Crossroads. Hopefully with the new influx of business, they can remodel and update the mall!

metro
01-08-2005, 01:24 PM
yes, but has anyone been to this retailer and can summarize what they offer and how the place looks?

Midtowner
01-08-2005, 03:54 PM
What type of store is Dave & Berry's?

Ms.Relaxationstation
01-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I went into Steve & Barry's last weekend, it is basically a ONE PRICE CLOTHING STORE ($9.98) comprised of mostly athletic wear and sports t-shirts. The place looks very inviting with alot of sports teams shirts and sweatshirts. They have some cute OU t-shirts but the quality is less than desirable. My daughter bought a t-shirt which shrank up small enough to fit her Barbie after one washing. This may not apply to every piece of clothing in the store. But use caution when washing their t-shirts.

Patrick
01-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Hmmm....this lowprice clothing store should fit nicely into Crossroads. I'll have to stop by sometime and see it for myself.

metro
01-09-2005, 09:59 PM
sounds like were not missing anything, maybe this will solve the problem of the gangbangers of hanging in the mall now they have a place to get their gear

mranderson
01-10-2005, 05:21 AM
sounds like were not missing anything, maybe this will solve the problem of the gangbangers of hanging in the mall now they have a place to get their gear
Actually, they do their shoplifting at higher end stores. Now. Only if they knew what a belt was used for...

mranderson
01-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I went to Steve and Barry's today. Frankly I was not impressed much. A lot of wasted space and the selection of colors for the clothing was thin. They could have done a much better job of remodeling that space.

Will I shop there? Jury is out on that one.

Sooner&RiceGrad
01-15-2005, 07:19 PM
That sentence must not look too bright...

Patrick
01-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey mranderson...I also went to Steve and Barry's today (Saturday)....we went to the bridal fair at Crossroads so I decided to stop in Steve and Barry's. Anyways, you're right, they have wasted a lot of space there. In fact, they're not even using all of the old Wards space. On the first floor, towards the north, you can look over the clothing wracks and see the open space. If they weren't going to use the entire space, they should've moved elsewhere in the mall.

Also, there's a ton of space between the wracks. It's all wasted space in my opinion.
They're clothing is priced right ($9.98) but it's poor quality. I probably won't shop there.

Sooner&RiceGrad
01-16-2005, 01:05 AM
I was there this week, great sportswear department... one catch. They have all the OSU clothing you could dream of, and even some USC... no OU whatsoever!

Patrick
01-16-2005, 01:17 AM
I was there this week, great sportswear department... one catch. They have all the OSU clothing you could dream of, and even some USC... no OU whatsoever!

You know, I noticed that today....I wondered where all of the OU merchandise went. Maybe they don't have licensing agreements to sell it.

Sooner&RiceGrad
01-16-2005, 01:35 AM
I wonder where their corporate offices are?

Patrick
01-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Steve and Barry's
12 Harbor Park Drive
Port Washington, NY 11050