View Full Version : Linwood Place NA

MestaParkMan
01-07-2009, 08:46 AM
I just recently purchased a home in Linwood Place and I am trying to find out if we have an active neighborhood association? I have already tried the obvious avenues like google, the city of okc site and even the neighborhood alliance site. Any help would be appreciated.

metro
01-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Call Neighborhood Alliance, they will know and be glad to help you.

jbrown84
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they do. They have meetings at Northwest Baptist.

MestaParkMan
01-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Too bad that they don't have a website with contact and meeting info! Thanks for the suggestions.

mecarr
01-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Do you like living in Linwood Place? My wife and i are looking at perhaps moving into that area in the future. Is Gatewood nice as well?

MestaParkMan
01-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Do you like living in Linwood Place? My wife and i are looking at perhaps moving into that area in the future. Is Gatewood nice as well?

I like it so far. I moved here from an apartment in Mesta Park so I miss that neighborhood very much. I miss the close proximity of Midtown, the trees and the beautiful homes. That being said, Linwood has a ton of potential and owning a home has been a dream for a long time. When we went looking for homes, we mainly looked at Linwood, Gatewood, Venice, Cleveland and Crestwood. Linwood is the more affordable of the areas depending on the street and the house of course. A big plus for Linwood is the fact that I can get right on I-44 and get anywhere in the city quickly.

soonerguru
01-08-2009, 02:05 AM
So will we soon be calling you LinwoodPlaceMan?

:)

I kid.

jenuzzok
02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Hello, Linwood Place does have an active Neighborhood association. Our steering committe meets monthly and we have two general meetings a year. Our next one is scheduled for 3/23/09 at 10 am at Linwood Methodist church. We started a website a couple of years ago but it did not really take off. We have begun working on the new website and hope to have it up and running within the next couple of months. We have formed the website committe and if this is something you would like to help with please contact me. I have also created a facebook group for the neighborhood. Our next trolley stop newsletter should be going out within the next week. Our newsletter goes out every 45 days or so. If you are not receiving them again please let me know. Our membership dues drive for 2009 has just begun and letters will be going out with the trolley stop. The dues are $25 for a single or if you have a double household and would like two voting rights you may pay $50. I completed our welcoming for January a couple of weeks ago and we did have 3 different homes that we could never get anyone home. Sorry if you are one of the ones we missed. I left packets at each of these homes doors. If you didnt get one let me know and I will be more than happy to swing by so we can meet. This is an awesome neighborhood to live in. Join me over at facebook or shoot me an email if you have any questions.
jenbuzzok@hotmail.com

khook
02-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes Gatewood is a nice area with the larger homes around Rosary and the also along Classen. And there is a active home owners association that works on lighting, tours, and improvement for the area.