View Full Version : Wings Wings Wings

mmonroe
01-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Anyone notice the new wings place in the shopping center? hmm? Hmm?

GWB
01-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Anyone notice the new wings place in the shopping center? hmm? Hmm?

You mean Wing Stop in the Town Center Plaza in Midwest City? Yeah, I noticed that a few days ago. Looks like it might be open now.

http://www.wingstop.com/local_home.aspx

Anyone eaten at Wing Stop before? Any good?

mmonroe
01-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Yes Wings Stop. I'll be trying it out today for lunch.

Karried
01-07-2009, 07:20 AM
I tried Wings at Pizza Hut... Believe it or not, they were pretty decent... the Asian Spicy ( sweet but intense flavor)

GWB
01-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes Wings Stop. I'll be trying it out today for lunch.

Be sure to post your review here after you eat there. Curious to know if it's any good and how it compares to Buffalo Wild Wings.

AAC2005
01-07-2009, 07:33 AM
I've eaten at the Wingstop on 104th and South Western several times, and yes it's very good! Love the Garlic Parmesan, don't care for the Lemon Pepper too much (although if you get the LP and Original and switch back and forth, it's tolerable). Teriyaki is good on steak - haven't had a decent wing version anywhere.

I've only eaten Buffalo Wild Wings twice, and while they too are good and have a wider variety of flavor and heat (Scovill scale?), I always go back to Wingstop...maybe I just love the smell of hot wings in my car...

Pizza Hut should stick with their wonderful pizza. Of the three wing places that I've tried (in Oklahoma), theirs was the least appealing to me. The wings tasted like they were taken out of a frozen Tyson's box and stuck in the oven for a few minutes.

bombermwc
01-07-2009, 08:26 AM
So that'll be what, 3 wing places in Mid-Del by the time the one in the new Sooner-I-40 place opens.

Lauri101
01-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I hate it when a website won't post the prices - makes me think they are hiding something.

That being said - I keep thinking I'm going to try out the two different wing places - both within a 1/2 mile of the house. The one on Air Depot, just south of MyDentist/S.E. 15th, never seems to have any business in late afternoon - anyone try them?

SoonerDave
01-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I hate it when a website won't post the prices - makes me think they are hiding something.

That being said - I keep thinking I'm going to try out the two different wing places - both within a 1/2 mile of the house. The one on Air Depot, just south of MyDentist/S.E. 15th, never seems to have any business in late afternoon - anyone try them?

Most franchised places won't/can't post prices, because the prices vary according to region.

Bostonfan
01-07-2009, 05:12 PM

Yes, I've eaten there a couple of times (carryout). Decent, not bad, not great. Maybe a little expensive for the meals. Doesn't seem to me I got what I paid for. Maybe it's just me, but I expect to get a "meal" when I order one. Not big on their fries, but on the other hand, there weren't many there to actually get a good taste. Also not fond of their service. Last time I was there they had a couple of high school girls working. I got home and they missed my order up. Went back and they made me feel it was my fault for them messing it up. That tends to irk me a little. I probably will be back, but not sure now that WingStop is up and running. I've heard many good things about them. If Wing Stop is anything like I've heard, I may not be back to this one.

And yes, the chains normally don't have prices on their site. It may vary from state to state. I defiantly wouldn't take it as if they were hiding anything.

GWB
01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Today I decided to go ahead and try Wing Stop and bring some wings home with me. It was fairly busy but it didn't take long to put my order in. As I was waiting for my order I noticed that several people sitting at the tables were becoming irritated because their food was taking too long. I saw two people bring their orders back because they were not right. Another person came in to pick up his order that he apparently called in. Before he left he checked his order to make sure it was right--it wasn't. This place doesn't seem to have anyone who's in charge, and if they do, no one was really acting like it.

Anyway, twenty minutes after my order was placed I was still waiting to get my wings. I ask the cashier to go back and see if they had started on it. Sure enough they had not started on my order yet. I told her that I didn't have time to wait any longer and to just take the charge off my credit card. She had no idea how to do it since they've never done this before (only been open for one week). She asked two other people how to take the charge off my card and they didn't know either. I told her to just give me a note with a receipt saying that next time I come in that I will get what I ordered and that it's been paid for. The cashier thanked me profusely for coming up with this solution because she (and the rest of the employees) had no idea what to do.

It was a big disappointment to say the least, but they're new and I guess they need a little more time to get the bugs worked out. Since they just opened you would think that they would have some competent people working in there to make sure the place is running as smoothly as possible. The people working there today really seemed undertrained and not confident in what they were doing. There were only two people in the kitchen and it seems they need more people in there. I think I'll wait a few weeks before I go back again. Hopefully by that time they'll have a better handle on things.

AAC2005
01-08-2009, 07:53 AM
It was a big disappointment to say the least, but they're new and I guess they need a little more time to get the bugs worked out. Since they just opened you would think that they would have some competent people working in there to make sure the place is running as smoothly as possible. The people working there today really seemed undertrained and not confident in what they were doing. There were only two people in the kitchen and it seems they need more people in there. I think I'll wait a few weeks before I go back again. Hopefully by that time they'll have a better handle on things.

1) Never buy a car in its first year of production ("The Pontiac Fiero Rule")

2) Never visit a place of business - especially restaurants - right after their grand opening ("The Outback Theory")

3) Unless something goes horribly wrong, you should at least give said place of business a second chance ("The Walgreen's Paradox")

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Don't be baggin' on the Fiero now. Those things RAWKED.

GWB
01-08-2009, 10:07 AM
1) Never buy a car in its first year of production ("The Pontiac Fiero Rule")

2) Never visit a place of business - especially restaurants - right after their grand opening ("The Outback Theory")

3) Unless something goes horribly wrong, you should at least give said place of business a second chance ("The Walgreen's Paradox")

Where would I be without your divine wisdom? :yourock: Yes, I do plan to go back and try them again, after all, they have $9.00 of my money from a charge on my credit card, so they owe me some wings. I'm thinking about ordering a bunch of them to take to my son's house to watch the Championship Game, but I'm concerned they'll mess up again. Guess I'll play it safe and order pizza. sigh.....

AAC2005
01-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't be baggin' on the Fiero now. Those things RAWKED.

I learned that rule from a guy who had an early model (1984?) and he would probably say his looked good, but did not rock that much...:backtotop

bigjkt405
01-08-2009, 12:40 PM
You need 10 wings.... 14 minutes

You need 100 wings..... 14 minutes....lol

jc74
06-13-2009, 11:49 AM
I've been to this place 3 times hoping that the last time had just been a bad batch of chicken. The wings look like malnourised pigeon wings . They are 1/2the size of a normal wing and the meat is not high quality. The only redeeming quality of this place is the hot sauce is awesome and the fries/seasoning are top notch!

For the price they charge they should be serving better quality chicken. If they fix that it would be my first choice for wings.