View Full Version : What's being built?

soonergal
01-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Where does one find out what is under construction at certain sites? Is there an "official" place to check or by asking on a web site?
For example, I'm curious about the southwest corner of 63rd and N. May and the southwest corner of May and Memorial where Stake and Ale and Bennigan used to be and while I'm at it, is that a new hotel being built behind Platt's College in that same general area?

Millie
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
If you want to know about something in OKC, you can search for building permits online.

City of Oklahoma City | Permit Access (http://www.okc.gov/access/)

lasomeday
01-07-2009, 08:23 AM
That is a hotel going up behind Platt College. I think it is a great location right next to Barnes and Noble and the mall. And it is kind of filling in a gap there.

Tex
01-07-2009, 09:10 AM
That is a hotel going up behind Platt College. I think it is a great location right next to Barnes and Noble and the mall. And it is kind of filling in a gap there.

If my memory serves me correct I believe the hotel is going to be Staybridge Suites, an extended stay hotel.

metro
01-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Where does one find out what is under construction at certain sites? Is there an "official" place to check or by asking on a web site?
For example, I'm curious about the southwest corner of 63rd and N. May and the southwest corner of May and Memorial where Stake and Ale and Bennigan used to be and while I'm at it, is that a new hotel being built behind Platt's College in that same general area?

THE site to ask is right here......:tiphat:

63rd & May:
http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/13806-63rd-may.html

soonergal
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
the 63rd & May thread wasn't much help, but thanks anyway....

redrunner
04-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Two new hotels are almost done with construction at the southeast corner of the LHP and Kilpatrick interchange. One is branded Holiday Inn Express and I believe the other one is Country Inn & Suites.

About 4 hotels opened up in the past year in the Quail Springs area. I'm curious what their occupancy rates are.

metro
04-14-2010, 08:34 PM
a year + late to the party.......

redrunner
04-14-2010, 08:45 PM
a year + late to the party.......

Excuse me? There has been no mention of the two hotels under construction which is why I'm sharing this information. Don't you have an update to post about Forward Foods and Republic you brown noser?

Martin
04-14-2010, 08:51 PM
classless, metro. somebody shares info in an existing thread instead of starting a new one and you whine about it. -M

onthestrip
04-14-2010, 09:27 PM
I just have to wonder...does metro really know how annoying he is?

redrunner
04-14-2010, 09:36 PM

My guess is no...It's been hinted numerous times in other threads and it's unfortunate he still acts the way he does.

gen70
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Man... I'am semi-retired and I don't have the time to post as much as Metro does.

rcjunkie
04-15-2010, 03:52 AM

Yes, he has no hobbies or friends, it what he does to entertain himself. (unless Sat. morning cartoons are on)

Martin
04-15-2010, 06:27 AM
look... this isn't going to turn into a 'bash metro' thread, either. if the guy has any hobbies it's 'okc' itself. my impression is that he's passionate about this city and takes an active interest in seeing it succeed.

back to topic.

-M

dedndcrusr
04-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Not to defend metro, but I thought the "1year late" comment was referring to the NW 63rd and May construction (since it's been completed for quite some time) and not the two hotels.

CaseyCornett
04-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Not to defend metro, but I thought the "1year late" comment was referring to the NW 63rd and May construction (since it's been completed for quite some time) and not the two hotels.

That's exactly what I thought too. I thought he was saying the hotels are late to that area...whoa there everyone.