View Full Version : McSalty's ...

OKCitizen
01-06-2009, 02:27 PM
My wife and I stopped at McSalty's pizza and could not believe our eyes! It has become a gambling hangout on both sides of the resteraunt.

Absolutely horrible! It is no longer a family establishment.

:(

Platemaker
01-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Interesting... I've never been and only live just down the street! I'll have to stop in for sure now!

jbrown84
01-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Where's McSalty's?

metro
01-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Haven't been in years, is it any good? I believe it is on N. Portland and NW 30 something jbrown, over by Will Rogers park area.

OKCitizen
01-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah, it's on Portland. They have great pizza (no complaints), but their establishment has gone down the tubes. The air reeks of cigerettes and the bathrooms are disgusting! The "arcade" in the lobby is a joke.

This used to be a great family-oriented pizza place. As you walk in the door, you have the non-smoking gambling to your left with all the tv monitors on horse racing with men sitting at tables taking notes and placing bets. The other side has a door to a smoking section and I didn't venture that far.

Our future orders will be carry-out.

Thunder
01-07-2009, 04:15 PM
If it thats bad, then why not stop eating from there all together, including carry-out? Who knows what the disgustiness is with the workers and the "behind-the-scene" space.

SoonerDave
01-16-2009, 09:58 AM
If it thats bad, then why not stop eating from there all together, including carry-out? Who knows what the disgustiness is with the workers and the "behind-the-scene" space.

I was once told by someone in the restaurant biz that you can get a pretty darned good notion of the cleanliness of the kitchen in a restaurant by checking out the bathrooms. If the bathrooms are nasty.....

I think the idea is if a place is going to the trouble to keep the bathrooms clean, chances are the kitchen is being kept clean, too. That's one advantage chains sometimes have over individual eateries - their franchise standards usually call for pretty high standards of cleanliness. Not saying that's *always* true, but in my observation it has been a reasonably safe rule of thumb.

OKCisOK4me
01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I got a gyro from there once and wasn't too impressed with it or the little side gambling business they had going on. A lot of strange characters there as well. Hadn't been back since.