View Full Version : New to OKC

nailo
01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey I just recently moved to the okc area and trying to find my way around. Can anyone here help me out a bit and tell me where some cool places are where I can meet some new people and have fun. I have been to the malls in the area and that is about all I have done so far. I am not 21 so is there any place where I can go in this big city?

lasomeday
01-05-2009, 08:02 AM
I went to Cuppies and Joes on Saturday night and it was packed. There is a post on here about it. You should check it out.

warreng88
01-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Hey I just recently moved to the okc area and trying to find my way around. Can anyone here help me out a bit and tell me where some cool places are where I can meet some new people and have fun. I have been to the malls in the area and that is about all I have done so far. I am not 21 so is there any place where I can go in this big city?

Since you are new, you will want to check out Bricktown. There are a lot of restaurants, a movie theater, bowling alley, Bass Pro, etc. Here is the link so you can see what is down there:

Bricktown - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Dining, Shopping, Events (http://www.bricktownokc.com/)

You also might want to check out a Thunder game. You can get single tickets for $10 outside of the Frod Center. Check the Ford Center website for game times and dates. Also, you will want to get a map of OKC. When I moved here from Tulsa, I was a little confused on the highways, names, numbers, etc and I had to drive it and see it on a map to understand it. I am not sure where you moved from, the majority of people you will encounter are very nice and if you need to find anything, they can probably help.

soonerguru
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
If you're into Indie Rock, go to the Conservatory on North Western. It's an 18 to enter venue.

Galileo and Sauced in the Paseo neighborhood are very cool bohemian type places where you can meet people of all ages. Definitely check out the Paseo.

jbrown84
01-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah definitely The Paseo (30th & Walker).

Also The Red Cup is a fun little coffee shop where you might meet some people. It's near 30th & Classen in an old house.

If your into skating, there is a nice skate park south of the Oklahoma River off Robinson, as well as an indoor one on Classen about NW 4th.

Karried
01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Don't forget to check out the threads on Vintage Timeless Coffee too ( it's on the north side if you're in the area).

CuatrodeMayo
01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure that place is still open.

alan
01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure that place is still open.

well that is simply not true. we are open even today, in the ice "storm".

Steve
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
It's a great place to hang out, play checkers and sip hot chocolate with your 7-year-old son.
:)

alan
01-26-2009, 07:57 PM
It's a great place to hang out, play checkers and sip hot chocolate with your 7-year-old son.
:)

thanks Steve, hope you and yours are safe and warm at home tonight.

Steve
01-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Yep. Just saw another Thunder victory. It wasn't pretty - they let a 30-point! lead slip to just 9. But they did it. I think that's win No. 10 (Doug, correct me if I'm wrong when you get back home from the game, you crazy old man).

jbrown84
01-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah it's 10.

CuatrodeMayo
01-26-2009, 10:30 PM
well that is simply not true. we are open even today, in the ice "storm".

It just seems to be closed and dark everything I go by. Maybe it's just coincidence. Good to hear you are still open.

CuatrodeMayo
01-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Yep. Just saw another Thunder victory. It wasn't pretty - they let a 30-point! lead slip to just 9. But they did it. I think that's win No. 10 (Doug, correct me if I'm wrong when you get back home from the game, you crazy old man).

Yup. My little girl's first Thunder game. Watched it from a freakin' suite.

dmoor82
01-27-2009, 07:05 PM

Where are you from?but welcome to OKC! Do you like sports we have the Thunder(NBA)Blazers(hockey)Yarddawgz(AFL2) and the Oklahoma City Redwawks(AAA to Texas Rangers)! And if you like movies there are some nice places to see a movie around OKC,like warren theater in Moore!There is alot of night clubs around town depending on what scene your into! try visiting Bricktown,Midtown,Paseo,Western Ave.there are alot of cool places to hang out and eat at!:welcome55

alan
01-27-2009, 08:00 PM
It just seems to be closed and dark everything I go by. Maybe it's just coincidence. Good to hear you are still open.

we are open 6 am to 9 pm, monday to saturday (with the exception of wednesday when we close at 6pm). I can assure you that with only a few holiday and power outage exceptions we have been open during those times for nearly two years.

we are pretty low key so it may appear that we are closed when driving by, when in fact we are very much open - drive thru and all.

we are pretty glad to still be open, also! our business just keeps getting better, even during a "recession"!

:bow: thanks to our loyal regulars and friends :bow:

OKCDrummer77
01-27-2009, 08:57 PM
we are open 6 am to 9 pm, monday to saturday (with the exception of wednesday when we close at 6pm). I can assure you that with only a few holiday and power outage exceptions we have been open during those times for nearly two years.

we are pretty low key so it may appear that we are closed when driving by, when in fact we are very much open - drive thru and all.

we are pretty glad to still be open, also! our business just keeps getting better, even during a "recession"!

:bow: thanks to our loyal regulars and friends :bow:

You're more than welcome. Good to hear that it's going well for you.

metro
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
nailo, maybe if you tell us a little more about you, where you moved from, etc., we can recommend things that cater to your lifestyle.