View Full Version : Travolta's Son Dies

Karried
01-02-2009, 04:51 PM
What a horrible, horrible thing. I love John Travolta .. this is just heart wrenching and so very sad.

Jett Travolta, son of actors, dies at 16 - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/02/obit.jett.travolta/index.html)

jbrown84
01-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Yes, very sad. And of course the tabloid side of the press (E!, Entertainment Tonight, TMZ) will not leave the poor family alone.

Karried
01-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Are you serious? I can't even believe at a time like this, they would even consider harassing and bothering them.

As a parent, this is my worst nightmare, I've said it before, I seriously doubt I could stand losing a child.

I hope they can make it through this horrific time.

jbrown84
01-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Well I don't know that they are bothering them. I haven't actually seen/read the coverage, but I just imagine it will be all they are talking about and they will try to milk it for ratings when they should just report it and let the family have their peace. I think it's different when it's a child like this that would otherwise be completely out of the spotlight.

MadMonk
01-02-2009, 10:57 PM
That's horrible. My younger brother began to suffer from grand mal seizures at around eight years old and it was hard to see him go through them. Luckily, he was never injured. It got so that he could feel a seizure coming on and he'd find a safe place to sit it out.

Losing your son like that has got to be the worst feeling in the world.

Karried
01-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I know, I woke up a few times last night feeling so sad for them.

John Travolta has long been a favorite of mine and his family is so important to him from what I can tell... I just can't imagine all the horrific things ahead.

Coming home without your child?

The grief must be so overwhelming. I hope they can find some peace and solace, but I imagine not for a long time, if ever.

Hug your kids.