View Full Version : Happy New Year/Midtown Deli Update

Deli Head
01-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Happy New Year everyone! Just a quick update on Midtown Deli (N.W. 12th & Walker Ave.). Lots going on, shouldn't be long now...6-8 weeks maybe. Get ready to enjoy Sammies w/ the highest quality meats (Boar's Head), amazing French-style Pizzas made with Rosemary Kalamata Olive or Romano Cheese Bread and don't forget our Soups and All-U-Can Eat Salad Bar!
Plus, Dan went nuts with all the High-Def T.V. sales, so plan on getting comfy at the Bar and watching the games! :)
Hope everyone had a terrific holiday and is having the best year ever so far!
See you all soon!!
Bridget (Deli Head)

mecarr
01-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Sounds great. Can't wait to see it. Any word on what's going to go into that building immediately south of the 1492 restaurant?

jbrown84
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Ooo sounds great deli head!

wsucougz
01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Awesome. This is much needed.

foodiefan
01-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Boar's Head. . . Three Cheers!!

CuatrodeMayo
01-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm really excited about a real deli near the office...I can assure you I will frequent it regularly.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Sammiches? High def? BAAAAAAR?

You sir, have my complete and undivided attention.

You had me at Sandwiches.

CuatrodeMayo
01-03-2009, 08:41 AM
You had me at Sandwiches.

^That^

trison
01-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Sounds like another great addition to Midtown. Any word on other restaurants or businesses coming to the area. The more the merrier!

metro
01-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the update, was beginning to wonder if this was going to still be a reality or not. Living/working only blocks away, I will be a regular if it's near as good as it sounds already. My mouth is watering right now!

Deli Head
01-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the support, everyone. I really can't wait to meet you all! About the building south of 1492...idk, but I'll try to get some scoop. Such an awesome building...
BTW...as some of you may already know, getting a liquor license is a huge ordeal. It looks like it may be a few weeks after opening before we can serve alcohol.
Sorry for the delay, but thought you should know. Don't want a riot! LOL! :)

metro
01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Drove by today, doesn't look like any progress has been done in weeks from what I can tell. I hope this is still on track.

Deli Head
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the drive-by, Metro. Things are actually happening inside. We are totally framed now. Hopefully drywall will begin next week.
I have no info on the building to the south of 1492, except that Dan saw some people looking at it last week. Such an awesome building. Let's keep our fingers crossed...

centralparker
03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
There's a "Now Hiring" sign up today. Must be getting close! :)

mecarr
04-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Anyone know the status of this? It was scheduled to open in mid February to early March. I remember driving back a few weeks ago and thinking that they had a long ways to go.

LakeEffect
04-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Anyone know the status of this? It was scheduled to open in mid February to early March. I remember driving back a few weeks ago and thinking that they had a long ways to go.

You'd be surprised how far they went the past couple weeks. Looks impressive from the outside looking in.

BoulderSooner
04-10-2009, 01:07 AM
they put down the tile last weekend .. the inside is close to finished .. the plan to open in about 2 weeks

metro
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Yeah I drove by yesterday morning and again in afternoon, I noticed considerable difference. They had the "meat and cheese" cases but they were all empty, saw a few chairs and tables coming in. I hope BoulderSooner is right in that it shouldn't be more than 2 or so weeks. FYI, the next door Meg Guess Bridal Coutoure is moving out and into the Plaza Court. I'm wondering if MidTown Renaissance is planning on putting another restaurant there or a better suited retail tenant. I'm surprised they put the bridal shop there considering it isn't a high foot traffic type of tenant.

taylor83
04-10-2009, 08:51 AM
The Meg Guess Bridal Couture location in Plaza Court is a temporary location. They moved there because the flooring in her original location needed to be completely re-done. Unless something has changed since I heard that a couple weeks ago.

okyeah
04-10-2009, 04:23 PM
The Meg Guess Bridal Couture location in Plaza Court is a temporary location. They moved there because the flooring in her original location needed to be completely re-done. Unless something has changed since I heard that a couple weeks ago.

yep that's what I was told too......and her temporary location in Plaza Court is a lot smaller than the original

soonerhcf
05-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Midtown Deli is now open.