View Full Version : Remember your first Formal Dance?

Generals64
01-01-2009, 02:59 PM
These threads are so much fun to remember. I got to thinking about a few things and with Valentines Day coming ( Sweetheart Dances wtc.) What did you do for your first Formla dance?...Mine, 9th grade...Not a Demolay but was invited by a rainbow firl...White Sport coat.....Pink Carnation...Tell you how long ago that was?...Ended at Cattlemen's...Meal was 6.00 I had ten left 50 cent tip...duh.....How about you...?

jsibelius
01-01-2009, 07:17 PM
8th Grade Banquet. Funny thing about our "formal dances" is the banquet part is formal, then everyone goes home and changes into jeans for the dance part. I remember my dress was rented. And purple. Ugh! Purple was such a great color in junior high. My date was a total geek. A trombone player in the band. (Who later turned into much less of a geek. I think he went into the Army. Became an MP, maybe?) Seems like he wore a white tuxedo. Gak! Fashion is a scary thing.

We had fun. Ate bad banquet food, danced to great 80s music, watched a forgettable movie, and made it home by midnight curfew. A success!

mecarr
01-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Not trying to be rude, but can we put these kind of topics, such as this one, new years resolutions, what did santa bring you, etc. in another forum? I've always thought as this forum for actual news topics...

----------------------------------------------------

**** I moved the thread to Underground ****

Thanks, Karrie

foodiefan
01-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Nahhhh. . . I view it as general interst. . . and fun!!

BradR
01-02-2009, 08:22 AM
i remember it, it was 4-H Round-up at OSU in Stillwater. I danced with a girl i had a crush on for a long time but was too shy to do anything. I think I was in 8th or 9th grade and I saw her at pretty much every 4-H function (she was from another town) and still was too shy to do more than dance with her.

Saw her a few years after HS and found out she liked me too but she was already married by then.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-03-2009, 05:07 AM
I remember my first one.

I kissed a girl and got put on a bench for PDA. FOR AN HOUR! When they let me up, I kissed her again and grabbed her butt too. So they sent us packing.

We were 14.

I had to explain it to her mom.

That night didn't end well.

BUT...We were together for quite a while (by teenager's standards) after that and I still talk to her mom as well as her to this day.

Not trying to be rude, but can we put these kind of topics, such as this one, new years resolutions, what did santa bring you, etc. in another forum? I've always thought as this forum for actual news topics...

I'm not trying to be rude either...But right under the OKC Underground link from the forums main page it states the following:

Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to any of the other forums above or below.

That says to me...CATCH ALL.

Karried
01-03-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm really aging myself here! My son just had his first official Winter Formal a few weeks ago.. how times have changed!

They had it at the Hall of Mirrors (!!!!) ... we ended up getting them a limo and took them all out to dinner ... girls had their hair and makeup done, boys got all decked out in black suits... it was a huge success and they had so much fun.

But, what a difference from my first Prom... lol.. I still remember my dress.. I looked like I was from Little House on the Prairie! All lacy and long.. sheesh. If I only knew then what I know now. I would have worked that better... lol